Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app from Backpullver Software "Electrogene"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/electrogene/id1435301903?mt=8

Electrogene is a low fidelity audio effect combining bit-crusher, modulation, saturation and filter with scope visualizer. Refined algorithms can produce warm or harsh sound reminding of retro digital or analog audio system.

Comments

• Could be interesting :)

• @Jumpercollins
    Thanks for the video demo link.
    This thing sounds pretty cool. I couldn’t imagine what modulating those parameters would yield, but now that I heard it, I like it.

• FYI I and to restart my phone in order for the AU to show up in AUM.

• How is this different from degrader?

• edited November 2018

@99476598326 said:
    How is this different from degrader?

You can apply drift variance to the bit-crusher sample rate value
    You can modulate some of the parameters
    Universal
    Randomizer

I wish degrader worked on the phone but this will do.

Off the top of my head similar apps, you may already have are Grind, Shaper, Buttercup bit crush, Wave folder, RX950, lofi dirt, muckraker, resampler, Nils, DC-9 Overdrive and many others I don't know about.

• Excellent plugin Sounds very real to analogue getting some sort of Emu Sp1200 sounds going on with the pre gain

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@99476598326 said:

You can apply Apply drift variance to the bit-crusher sample rate value
    Universal
    Randomizer

Off the top of my head similar apps, you may already have are Grind, Shaper, Buttercup bit crush, Wave folder, RX950, lofi dirt, muckraker, resampler, Nils, DC-9 Overdrive and many others I don't know about.

I can never have too many of these- especially at these prices. I remember paying an astronomical amount of money for a bit crusher. WMD Geiger Counter it was. I seem to also remember lusting after an OTO machines ‘biscuit’ - could never afford one- an eye watering €520.
    I still can’t quite believe that the cost of an app like this is less than even the postage and packing cost of even a smallish hardware item 👍

• edited November 2018

@robosardine said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@99476598326 said:

Universal
    Randomizer

I can never have too many of these- especially at these prices. I remember paying an astronomical amount of money for a bit crusher. WMD Geiger Counter it was. I seem to also remember lusting after an OTO machines ‘biscuit’ - could never afford one- an eye watering €520.
    I still can’t quite believe that the cost of an app like this is less than even the postage and packing cost of even a smallish hardware item 👍

True indeed yep I remember wanting the “biscuit” crusher This plugin is very good infact for me it has all the parameters needed to get the beats dirty crushed with that pre gain is the biscuit

• @robosardine said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

@99476598326 said:

Universal
    Randomizer

The OTO Biscuit is nice I love the way it crushes samples. Hoping a used one shows up on local craigslist someday.

• So is this subpar, decent, good, or great?

• edited November 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    So is this subpar, decent, good, or great?

Spend some cash and find out Joking yep its really impressive

• @stormbeats said:

@oat_phipps said:

It's just I've done that so many times over the past few years just out of curiosity

• @oat_phipps said:

@stormbeats said:

@oat_phipps said:

It's just I've done that so many times over the past few years just out of curiosity

So have we all

• @oat_phipps said:

@oat_phipps I don't think you'd like it. Here's a quick test with Ruismaker and little MV08 before audio cuts out on the screen recording.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:

@oat_phipps said:

@oat_phipps I don't think you'd like it. Here's a quick test with Ruismaker and little MV08 before audio cuts out on the screen recording.

Thanks for the vid

• @stormbeats said:

@oat_phipps said:

If you like it, it must sound pretty dang good.
    You have a sensitive ear when it comes to good digital degradation.

• @CracklePot said:

@stormbeats said:

@oat_phipps said:

If you like it, it must sound pretty dang good.
    You have a sensitive ear when it comes to good digital degradation.

Indeed :-)

• As always with these kind of effects I wish they could "Go to Eleven"...

...more saturation, pre-gain and an option to apply the filters pre / post the crusher :)

• edited November 2018

@Samu said:
    As always with these kind of effects I wish they could "Go to Eleven"...

...more saturation, pre-gain and an option to apply the filters pre / post the crusher :)

This is Spinal Tap - great movie classic in my film collection The funniest part is the Stonehenge on stage scene

• Hi guys,

Check this out

• @backpullver said:
    Hi guys,

Check this out

Thats cool

• @backpullver are you the dev - iam bit confused as the plugin has your name but app store says dev is Georgi who made Vatanator?

• @stormbeats Yes, I am one of the devs. Georgi Georgiev is the name of the dev in App Store and we are in transition of changing the name to Backpullver Software. I hope this clears some of the confusion.

• @backpullver If any updates are in the pipe-line and it's not too much hassle add, an option to toggle the filters pre/post the crusher could be handy as well as an increased range for the pre-gain and saturator could also be put to creative use ;) (And for the future, different types of saturators, fold-back, clip, warp etc.).

Activating both LP & HP at the same time could be used as a band pass filter, as it is now only one can be selected at one time.(In the Amiga Days it was quite popular to eq the source before actually sampling it).

Btw. love the clean UI design and I do have a soft-spot for oscilloscopes :)

• @Samu said:
    @backpullver If any updates are in the pipe-line and it's not too much hassle add, an option to toggle the filters pre/post the crusher could be handy as well as an increased range for the pre-gain and saturator could also be put to creative use ;) (And for the future, different types of saturators, fold-back, clip, warp etc.).

Activating both LP & HP at the same time could be used as a band pass filter, as it is now only one can be selected at one time.(In the Amiga Days it was quite popular to eq the source before actually sampling it).

Btw. love the clean UI design and I do have a soft-spot for oscilloscopes :)

I thought the exact suggestions you have for a possible next update

• @backpullver said:
    @stormbeats Yes, I am one of the devs. Georgi Georgiev is the name of the dev in App Store and we are in transition of changing the name to Backpullver Software. I hope this clears some of the confusion.

Ok cool if poss above Samu has made some great update suggestions for this brilliant plugin

• @backpullver hi Electrogene is not appearing in my itunes or iFunbox list - please fix as I intend to transfer my user presets via iFunbox or iTunes to my other ipad and also to save to my Mac
    :-)

• @backpullver even better would be to be able to access a preset folder via files.app if possible

• @stormbeats said:
    @backpullver hi Electrogene is not appearing in my itunes or iFunbox list - please fix as I intend to transfer my user presets via iFunbox or iTunes to my other ipad and also to save to my Mac
    :-)

Since the presets are most likely stored in a storage container (so they can be accessed from the AUv3) it's not possible to show them in Files.app or iFunBox(ie. Documents).

What would be needed here is a simple import/export function in the stand-alone app, ie. save the presets to 'Documents' and make the document folder visible to Files.app.

When then selecting 'Import' in the stand-alone app let the user select the file to import.