Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Usb 3 camera adapter + earpod lightning works?

Its possible use usb 3 camera adapter lightning port for a earpod lightning? Or the lightning port is just for charge?
There's any way to get
Audio, usb data transfer and charge from just 1 lightning port?

My plan was use a wireless charger and camera conection kit for usb data transfer (connect a midi keyboard) and then... with the lightning port the earpods...

Comments

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

Nope, sorry. The lightning port of the CCK is only for charge.

• Yeah, tested on my phone and a ‘Pad. Gives a “USB accessory is not supported” error.

• edited November 2018

@Liquidmantis @wim thank you guys, do you know anyway to connect a usb midi piano, earpods (could be 3.5 or lightning) amd charge, all at the same time in a iphone x?

• I’m pretty sure that without an external USB audio interface with a headphone jack, you can’t do it. I did try just now with a splitter cable I have, which allows lightning earbuds and charging cable to be connected at the same time. It works for that, but If I plug the headphones in and the USB 3 camera adapter in at the same time, nothing plugged into the USB 3 adapter is recognized. Unplug the headphones and things are immediately recognized.

I’m 99% sure you just can’t do it without an audio interface with headphone jack.

• @wim i have a livetrack l12 but it doesn’t let me conect the midi keyboard to it.
    Maybe the only way would be the lightning dock station i believe that some people comment that it works with cck

• If you're already using a Livetrack, just use a USB hub to get interface and MIDI.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    If you're already using a Livetrack, just use a USB hub to get interface and MIDI.

I though that the live track will give me just the sounds that are coming from the livetrack i never tried because i doesn’t have a usb hub.

Another question a usb hub with jack 3.5 doesn’t exist right?

• That'd be an interface. :) Maybe you want a Novation AudioHub? But the Livetrack is a 12 x 4 interface, so you can get 4 channels from the iPad. CCK3 to USB hub and Lightning charge cable, then Livetrack and MIDI devices into the hub. It's not terribly portable but I have a Livetrack L12 too and do just that.

• edited June 2021

It’s nice to be able to have just one small midi controller with you for cafes, without logging a soundcard. But we need audio out as well, I tried one dongle that had 3.5 audio+ camera connection kit and charge, but It was wonk, I believe it didn’t work. Will audio be hard wired necessarily to go out the camera connection kit possibly?
    I ordered a new one, more expensive one and waiting to try it. What do you think?
    https://www.fruugo.no/lightning-charge-adapter-for-iphoneipad-lightning-to-usb-and-35mm-jack-white/p-51351645-103161884?language=en