Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Saxanator - Ableton Live laptop version - no iOS apps

edited November 2018 in Creations

Hi,

Here is the laptop DAW version of « Saxanator » made with Ableton Live. No iOS apps used at all, except Wizibel for the video.

So it’s not a live version like previous one and a more traditionnal DAW work.

Drum loop and sax loop have some variations using volume enveloppes and tweaked fxs, follow actions have been used too. I’ve used DDMF 6144, NYC, Audio Damage Eos 2 and Dubstation 2, VST versions. I use also them all the time on iOS. For pitching effects, I’ve used specific VST not available on iOS. I only play my tenor sax, but there are also a sub bass sax, baritone sax, soprano sax. Quick mastering with Lurssen.

I’m pretty happy with the result :)

First version was made live in one take with iOS only apps:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29523/saxanator-new-track#latest

Next step is iOS DAW version, using GarageBand B)

Comments

• Liked by @FredAntonCorvest and Infected Mushroom on Tweeter B)

• Really interesting what you did with the Kit. Did you just compress the shit out of them at the end or is that an EQ doing that?

• edited November 2018

@shiftsynth1 said:
    Really interesting what you did with the Kit. Did you just compress the shit out of them at the end or is that an EQ doing that?

What do you mean by kit? If drums, they have their own EQ and compressor, as all other tracks, and the pumping effect heard sometimes and at the end is made with clip enveloppe level automation in triangular form. This acts as a transient shaper, especially efficient if you add EQ, comp and insert reverb later in the chain. This is what is cool, quick to do and creative with Live. Lurssen on the master also helps gluing everything ang gives some extra punch and clarity.

• @Janosax said:

@shiftsynth1 said:
    Really interesting what you did with the Kit. Did you just compress the shit out of them at the end or is that an EQ doing that?

What do you mean by kit? If drums, they have their own EQ and compressor, as all other tracks, and the pumping effect heard sometimes and at the end is made with clip enveloppe level automation in triangular form. This acts as a transient shaper, especially efficient if you add EQ, comp and insert reverb later in the chain. This is what is cool, quick to do and creative with Live. Lurssen on the master also helps gluing everything ang gives some extra punch and clarity.

Yes Drum Kit, Interesting never would have thought to use a level automation to shape transients. Cool stuff.

• edited November 2018

@shiftsynth1 said:

@Janosax said:

@shiftsynth1 said:

Yes Drum Kit, Interesting never would have thought to use a level automation to shape transients. Cool stuff.

Thanks :) Also, as I play my saxes parts rhythmically as tight as possible that makes drums sounds punchier, as there is also that dynamics processing on the master.

• I got Pharoah Sanders thoughts from this version. Powerful playing.

• @McDtracy said:
    I got Pharoah Sanders thoughts from this version. Powerful playing.

Thanks that means a lot for me as Pharoah is a major inspiration for me as you know ;) :)