Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GarageBand adds keyboard shortcuts

I searched, and I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the new GarageBand update. Amongst other things (new drummers), it adds keyboard shortcuts from Bluetooth keyboards. It’s pretty comprehensive.

Comments

• I expected an update since numbers and pages got updates.
    But still nothing for GB for me.
    Slow rollout I guess.

Cool new stuff, though.
    B)

• Things I like the sound of:

[x] New Drummers
    [x] Keyboard Shortcuts

• @CracklePot said:
    I expected an update since numbers and pages got updates.
    Slow rollout I guess.

Cool new stuff, though.
    B)

You have to update to iOS12.1 ;)

• What new drummers are there? don't see anything in the release notes about that.

• @Keenan said:

@CracklePot said:
    I expected an update since numbers and pages got updates.
    Slow rollout I guess.

Cool new stuff, though.
    B)

You have to update to iOS12.1 ;)

Ahhh yes. Lagging on 12.01 still.
    Thanks for the heads up. :)

• I was expecting some nice announcements regarding Garage Band or Logic for iPad on the latest Apple event. I was pretty bummed that nothing happened on that front

• I saw the shortcuts update and though cool, I need to buy a bt keyboard for the mini and this ASAP but I believe just myself can be excited about these kinds of updates.

Glad to see I'm not alone in madness
    :trollface:

• It’s nice to have but it feels a bit disappointing that this is all there is when there is so much they could have included.

• @PhilW said:

It’s nice to have but it feels a bit disappointing that this is all there is when there is so much they could have included.

3 new acoustic drummers and keyboard shortcuts are pretty much the most applicable and usable update content possible, though! I’m very happy about it.

• The keyboard shortcuts are a great addition, looks good.

...well, its not Logic for iPad like we were hoping for but that’s ok

• V. happy about keyboard shortcuts.

• edited November 2018

Experimental Songwriter and a Scientific Method kit?
    That sounds pretty awesome.
    We shall see soon...

• I f-cking love the new shortcuts! I also love the new drum samples included as well as the drummers. Decent update. :)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I f-cking love the new shortcuts! I also love the new drum samples included as well as the drummers. Decent update. :)

Yes! came in right on time for a collab I just started.

• edited November 2018

New Experimental Graham drummer really sounds good!!

I will not use shortcuts but this will boost productivity for iPad users for sure. Even a compact BT KB can be interesting on iPhone. Some people even always carry one in their bag to do some Word/blog work with their iPhone on the go, as a super mobile computer. It’s not that silly:

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.macworld.com/article/3032246/ios/why-you-should-use-your-iphone-with-a-bluetooth-keyboard-as-your-main-travel-computer.amp.html

• New drummers are pretty good.
    Funky drummer has a bunch of surf related named presets. Kinda funny.
    The Parker 60’s kit has a cool muffled sound to it. Initially yuck, but now pretty yum after giving it a thorough play around.

• And some folks now have face control of the smart guitar

• @BiancaNeve said:
    And some folks now have face control of the smart guitar

Extreme string bending triggered by scrunching up your face, no doubt.
    :)

• @CracklePot said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    And some folks now have face control of the smart guitar

Extreme string bending triggered by scrunching up your face, no doubt.
    :)

This is the essential feature IMO

• The drummers make good metronome substitutes when I’m just practicing or playing about. Nice to see some new ones!

• I was not expecting a Logic for iPad, so no disappointment there. As a computer user, I love keyboard shortcuts. Nice new drummers. Some wah-wah on the guitars. Glass full, and all for free.

• @lovadamusic said:
    I was not expecting a Logic for iPad, so no disappointment there. As a computer user, I love keyboard shortcuts. Nice new drummers. Some wah-wah on the guitars. Glass full, and all for free.

Absolutely. A nice piece of extra pie.

• I’ll quite surprised at how many people seem to have a keyboard for their iPads.

• @PhilW said:
    I’ll quite surprised at how many people seem to have a keyboard for their iPads.

Just purchased a Bluetooth keyboard a month ago. Works well with GB.

• Can somebody confirms that shortcuts also works with iPhone? Don’t really plan to use one, just curiosity.

• @PhilW said:
    I’ll quite surprised at how many people seem to have a keyboard for their iPads.

I have one for writing, which is my job. It’s handy for watching videos too: You can play/pause and skip with the spacebar and arrow keys. Good for learning songs.