Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kleverb by Klevgränd

124»

Comments

• @rezidue said:

Nice video, I'll have to check out his others.

The channels is 'subscription worthy' :)

• I think a lot of people grossly underestimate the amount of work required to implement user interfaces for multiple resolutions.

@ohwell said:
    that's a helpful point @vitocorleone123. I misspoke if I made it sound like it’s not a design choice on their part. Not only do I agree with you, from their message, I think Klevgr agree as well. I was just trying to convey my understanding of their choice.

Let me give it another shot, it seems to me like they

• (1) have very high standards when it comes to UI graphic design at different sizes
    • (2) go to great lengths avoiding generic layouts, and custom tailoring UIs for each new product (which rules out lots of the time saving tricks in adapting UIs to different scales without compromise on (1)),
    • (3) as of yet, haven’t found a way to meet their standards for (1) and (2) for all of their new products without sometimes needing separate, from the ground up designs for desktop/iPad vs iPhone scale.
    • (4) as of yet, have found holding off on the iPhone scale for some of their new products to be the more viable business decision.

(Each of these points is a choice.)

My 2 cents is that the unique UI aesthetic of their products is unlike anything else. Which puts me in the weird position of believing that on the whole, devs should prioritize universal designs from the outset; but that, in their exceptional case, I’m glad to see them keep pushing UI design doors, even if that means making choices that require holding off on universal.

Fingers crossed, the iPhone AUv3 market will eventually become lucrative enough for them to create more universal plugins. Who knows, they might also come up with new solutions to meet their UI design goals for both larger and smaller screens from the get go.

• I don’t care about the GUi on iPhone that much.
    I care about having the sound on the go on my phone. Bummer.....

• Oops, I stupidly tried the demo and this is very good indeed.
    I think this would easily be my favourite Auv3 reverb so far.
    On my list.

• @Carnbot said:
    Oops, I stupidly tried the demo and this is very good indeed.
    On my list.

Crap. We have similar taste I think. You buy?

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:
    Oops, I stupidly tried the demo and this is very good indeed.
    On my list.

Crap. We have similar taste I think. You buy?

No not yet, can’t really justify it right now but will definitely pick it up at some point. :)

• Could I take advantage of this just using the presets? Do they represent a full spectrum of effects?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Could I take advantage of this just using the presets? Do they represent a full spectrum of effects?

Sure you can, it comes with plenty. But I would use them as starting point and then adjust to fit.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Could I take advantage of this just using the presets? Do they represent a full spectrum of effects?

Yes.

• edited November 2018

Wow, yes totaly getting this reverb on desktop. Sale is on till the 15th. It is fantastic, can’t wait to mix exports on desktop dialing in the same aux reverb settings as BM3.

• edited November 2018

Reminder bump: 50% off ends on the 15th apparently.

• I’ve been on the fence for Kleverb since it was dropped on the app store at $9.99. It’s at $11.99 for the holidays now. I’ve got a bunch of reverbs already (most of them). I love reverb and I have iTunes credit burning a hole in my iPad. Now that Kleverb had been out a while, are you using it? Has it been your go to reverb?

• @Philh0954 said:
    I’ve been on the fence for Kleverb since it was dropped on the app store at $9.99. It’s at $11.99 for the holidays now. I’ve got a bunch of reverbs already (most of them). I love reverb and I have iTunes credit burning a hole in my iPad. Now that Kleverb had been out a while, are you using it? Has it been your go to reverb?

It has just overtaken EOS 2 (which is great) as my favourite reverb.

• @Philh0954 said:
    I’ve been on the fence for Kleverb since it was dropped on the app store at $9.99. It’s at $11.99 for the holidays now. I’ve got a bunch of reverbs already (most of them). I love reverb and I have iTunes credit burning a hole in my iPad. Now that Kleverb had been out a while, are you using it? Has it been your go to reverb?

Yup, it is my go to for sure. I said it before (probably in this thread) but a big part of getting it was also getting it on desktop. Once I am done mixing this current round of Frankenstein-ed multi-app-ios-retrospective tracks on desktop I am so looking forward to a nice clean manageable workflow where I can sketch tracks on BM3 with Kleverb in AUX and then export dry stems to further the mix on desktop with the same Kleverb settings dialed in on the dekstop AUX. Luxury!

• @LeonKowalski said:

@Philh0954 said:

It has just overtaken EOS 2 (which is great) as my favourite reverb.

@AudioGus said:

@Philh0954 said:

Yup, it is my go to for sure. I said it before (probably in this thread) but a big part of getting it was also getting it on desktop. Once I am done mixing this current round of Frankenstein-ed multi-app-ios-retrospective tracks on desktop I am so looking forward to a nice clean manageable workflow where I can sketch tracks on BM3 with Kleverb in AUX and then export dry stems to further the mix on desktop with the same Kleverb settings dialed in on the dekstop AUX. Luxury!

Thanks! Looks like I’ll be getting another reverb!

• I'm looking for warm and lush reverb mainly for ambient.
    Using right now EOS 2 and Adverb. They both good but too muddy at long decay and "cold".

Is Kleverb ok for it? I haven't found proper video dedicated to that. Everybody use it with perc and lead only.

• @frthcomingstorm said:
    I'm looking for warm and lush reverb mainly for ambient.
    Using right now EOS 2 and Adverb. They both good but too muddy at long decay and "cold".

Is Kleverb ok for it? I haven't found proper video dedicated to that. Everybody use it with perc and lead only.

Have you tried Virsyn's AudioREverb? I think it works well for ambient, I have a video demonstrating an ambient guitar tone using it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=vXqYCFizvkg

• @richardyot said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

Have you tried Virsyn's AudioREverb? I think it works well for ambient, I have a video demonstrating an ambient guitar tone using it:

@richardyot nice that you have a youtube channel. Would you say that Altiverb could to the same -- reverb wise?

• Kleverb is rad!!! Just throwing that in here 😆 also virsyn reverb is too... My go to was adverb but now it's all three

• @audiblevideo said:

@richardyot said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

@richardyot nice that you have a youtube channel. Would you say that Altiverb could to the same -- reverb wise?

Altiverb is a convolution reverb so it has a very different character. It's a nice sounding reverb but it doesn't do those crazy long reverb tails like the Virsyn reverb can.

• @richardyot said:

@frthcomingstorm said:

Thank you for posting this video. It is realy helpful in terms of sound design in general. Great tutorual.

Actually, bought Kleverb. It is really cool and subtle. Warmness can be achieved by some saturator as DAW Cassette or LP on separate AUX channel. Nice combo!

• lovely reverb ! the ducking makes it even more special

• @mlau said:
    lovely reverb ! the ducking makes it even more special

when i’m not using blackhole, i use kleverb

• @reasOne said:

@mlau said:

same here, both complement each other very well. i also use velvet machine quite a bit 😎

• @mlau said:

@reasOne said:

@mlau said:

same here, both complement each other very well. i also use velvet machine quite a bit 😎

i will grab that some day! i kinda want mangled verb from eventide too

• @CapnWillie said:

@reasOne said:

@mlau said:

@reasOne said:

@mlau said:

i will grab that some day! i kinda want mangled verb from eventide too

Wait...you don’t have Velvet Machine?!!! Oh the Tragedy! You need VM.

haha i do not... i’ve only heard great things about it tho! gonna snoop it out soon tho

• Made a demo for Klevgrand's Kleverb Reverb app and and for their Delay app Modley