Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New ‘Korg’ Gadgets !

Anyone else excited for these 16 Bit video game inspired Gadgets from Sega and Taito , apparently coming early 2019 to the Switch version. Hope they make the iOS version too !

Comments

• Oh Yes!

Gadget is missing from https://korg.shop so they could drop even sooner...
    The date is most likely for the Switch versions :)

• if there was some teasers from Korg's side, usually we didn't waited long time to have it on iOS.
    Well, maybe with audio support, but not with standard instruments

• I love the MegaDrive/Genesis inspired design. In fact it seems it was inspired in turntables and time to time I wonder about some diy with an old MD from craiglist involved... :smile:

• The Ebina Gadget is from Taito and considering they have an insane history in making arcade music, check this...
    https://www.taito.com/mob/news/3081
    (3000 tracks on Spotify).

• This is gonna be grrrrrrreeeeaaat!

• Great for some :smile:

Useless for me unless they offer some real synthesis options that go way different than gaming sounds effects. Fingers crossed!

• Would love to see a midi controller gadget that uses the new chord pad of iELECTRIBE Wave. Could also maybe have controller gadget that was like the kaoss pads they include in their synth apps.

• @e121 said:
    Would love to see a midi controller gadget that uses the new chord pad of iELECTRIBE Wave. Could also maybe have controller gadget that was like the kaoss pads they include in their synth apps.

Korg Nanokey Studio FTW!

• @Dham said:
    This is gonna be grrrrrrreeeeaaat!

PC load letter?!!?

• It’s pretty much zero interest from me. Korg could do so many interesting and exciting things, but this just doesn’t float my boat I’m afraid.

• Fits with the Korg Doodad theme

• Looking forward to Otorii if it’s a decent 4-op FM synth.

• edited November 2018

@PhilW said:
    It’s pretty much zero interest from me. Korg could do so many interesting and exciting things, but this just doesn’t float my boat I’m afraid.

I guess their main focus is on the Japanese market.
    I neither understand their motivation to release even more - sorry to say that - toys for Gadget.

Porting Dr Octo Rex from Reason has turned out so well, so please KORG, bring us NN-XT or maybe even NN19.

• well although I'm no Gadget aficionado, even I know the app is called 'Gadget' for a reason

• @kobamoto said:
    well although I'm no Gadget aficionado, even I know the app is called 'Gadget' for a reason

Gadget has a great concept. And I'm not against a playful approach.
    I'd just prefer to be able to stay inside Gadget over having to switch to Cubasis or BM3 or Modstep plus bs-16i and AudioLayer when I need a proper "sampler".
    If you take some time to go through the GadgetCloud and Alihoopa uploads you'll find all kinds of styles that people create, far from "gadgety stuff" ;)

• edited November 2018

As a self proclaimed Korg Fanboy even I am losing a little patience with Korgs insistence on pushing new sounds on us, especially legacy sounds . Sega is an ironic example of a Japanese company that made repeated mistakes over the years doing what they wanted to do with their games and systems instead what they should have done, pay attention to the market and user demands. In Korgs case we want a more powerful sequencer and streamlisned workflow and some in app file management.

I’ll buy whatever they’re selling but more grudgingly so with each new sound module.

• @rs2000 said:

@PhilW said:
    It’s pretty much zero interest from me. Korg could do so many interesting and exciting things, but this just doesn’t float my boat I’m afraid.

I neither understand their motivation to release even more - sorry to say that - toys for Gadget.

Porting Dr Octo Rex from Reason has turned out so well, so please KORG, bring us NN-XT or maybe even NN19.

On the other hand, some of us love this kind of stuff. Chiptunes / video game music is a popular and expanding genre in the west as well, and I welcome more gadgets along these lines.

• edited November 2018

Octorex is incomplete without the internal folders and if Korg needs funding support they can always sell us sample packs for the Rex player or the other samplers. They could also sell us FX units. And if they’re going to sell us game consoles, don’t use a black pink and blue colour scheme. It’s a little nauseating...

• Wake me up when they add a song mode

• Don't they already have two gadgets that do very similar things. Kingston and Kamata. Korg needs to venture into new territory like granular or additive synthesis instead of these over done video game style gadgets. This is just a rehash to me and feels lazy. I've already moved away from gadget anyway but this just makes me even less likely to revisit.

I know they're popular and people will love them. Just my opinion.

• edited November 2018

I would be down for some korg sound pack iaps. Not the module type. I wonder if there would ever be a string gadget?

• Just got this in my feed...Again, it says Nintendo Switch, but no mention of other platforms. Also it says Spring 2019. Isn’t that, like, four moths away?

• https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/1109/

Apparently the Sega one will be focusing on drums and the other on sampled synths.
    In the worst case scenario it would mean two new 'romplers' with samples from the arcade machines...

• @Shabudua said:
    Just got this in my feed...Again, it says Nintendo Switch, but no mention of other platforms. Also it says Spring 2019. Isn’t that, like, four moths away?

It's from the other thread:

@davis_korgrd said:
    We announced these gadgets at M3, which is a music and media event in Tokyo.
    AFAIK yes they're going to be available on iOS, Mac, and Switch

So Yes, also iOS and Mac, but no informations when :)

• @Samu said:
    https://www.korg.com/us/news/2018/1109/

Apparently the Sega one will be focusing on drums and the other on sampled synths.
    In the worst case scenario it would mean two new 'romplers' with samples from the arcade machines...

And in the best case scenario each will ship with a free cartridge of Ninja Warrior and Afterburner!

• edited November 2018

@MAtrixplan said:

@Shabudua said:
    Just got this in my feed...Again, it says Nintendo Switch, but no mention of other platforms. Also it says Spring 2019. Isn’t that, like, four moths away?

It's from the other thread:

@davis_korgrd said:
    We announced these gadgets at M3, which is a music and media event in Tokyo.
    AFAIK yes they're going to be available on iOS, Mac, and Switch

So Yes, also iOS and Mac, but no informations when :)

I have a feeling either the end of this month when Korg had their Black Friday sale, or all of next month for Christmastime. This is around the time when Korg finally gave us Vancouver afterall. :)

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm looking forward to Otorii a LOT. I already planned to purchase Ebina too, but @Samu 's post sealed my decision to purchase it. :lol: I respect that not everyone will get use out of these, but given I'm into fakebit/8-bit as well as synthwave, these are gadgets definitely targeted at me. :lol:

• I will most likely end up getting both (or if there's more them too) when they drop :)
    My Gadget Installation is next to complete apart from some Module IAPs...

• @rs2000 said:

@PhilW said:

It might be that they think more videogame-related instruments will pull in more Switch owners. I dunno. I'm not really into the idea of sample-based instruments, though. As I mentioned above, I was really hoping for a fully programmable 4-operator FM synth, but that might be asking too much. Chiangmai is nice, but I want more than two operators.

• @overorange said:

@rs2000 said:

@PhilW said:

It might be that they think more videogame-related instruments will pull in more Switch owners. I dunno. I'm not really into the idea of sample-based instruments, though. As I mentioned above, I was really hoping for a fully programmable 4-operator FM synth, but that might be asking too much. Chiangmai is nice, but I want more than two operators.

Yeah, some decent synths or granular stuff would be more interesting for me. I prefer to roll my own sounds, rather than play someone else’s.

• @overorange said:

@rs2000 said:

@PhilW said:

Currently, when I need more, I'm helping myself by using 2 or 3 instances of Chiangmai. Additive is not much worse once you've found how to add them up to get the sound you want.