Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus forum - we can do better

The recent bickering and sniping has made me want to stay away of late. This is my fun time, if it gets dull then I move on. I’m sure others are the same. Which would be a shame because I would prefer that we all stuck around. I’ve learned so much from this forum and have always enjoyed hanging out.

One of the bright lights of this forum is the engagement with the developers. We are learning that they are in it for the fun as well because nobody’s getting rich off iOS app development that we’re aware of. If I was a developer though I would be seriously questioning the value of taking part in this forum considering the tone of recent threads.

So here’s a call for us all to just step back a minute and take a breath. Raise concerns but not repeatedly. Treat differing opinions with respect. Treat developers like royalty! Try to keep the tone friendly and good humoured. Cut down the gossip and accusations. Drop your guard and try to not take offence too quickly.

Yes, I may sound like a self-righteous old pomp saying this but I will try to heed my own words as well.

Peace ✌️

Comments

• +1

Make some music!

• +1

Now, watch us get trolled for advocating respectful engagement.

• It is that sad BM3 thread mainly.
    I avoided it until late today, and just finished catching up.
    If I hadn’t looked at that thread, I would be confused as to what this thread was referring to.

<3 to the Bus.

• Well said. Always worth coming back to basics. All forums go through highs and lows, lulls and splurges :) More often than not it's only a few folks who end up a little more strident than the rest, but I'd also give credit to the Landlords for (mostly) encouraging us to self-moderate. It's been a fun ride, let's not let it slip away just yet...

• There was gossip? Where?! I love gossip.

• I don’t know if we can do better or not. If I find myself with the urge to create posts which are inconsistent with how I want to conduct myself, I pull back and reflect upon why I participate here.

• Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai predicted the future !!!!!!!

• Preaching to the choir

• On the bright side, less forum time, more music time!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gusgranite said:
    Nice research @JohnnyGoodyear

Especially this sublime truism...

It seems metaphorically very appropriate to imagine communities the way if the community members were plants.

Not at all difficult to do either. ;)

• edited November 2018

@Dawdles said:

Hope you brewed enough to go around...

This one I especially made for you clownboy >:)

• @espiegel123 said:
    +1

You called it 😂

• @realdawei said:

@espiegel123 said:
    +1

You called it 😂

Sadly

• It puzzles me that a plea for people to be respectful in their engagement is seen as in any way controversial.

• edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This meltdown of yours is fascinating. Rough midterms?

• Asking people to treat each other respectfully is not judgmental. No one was called out by name.

I really can't fathom how asking people to treat each other with respect could be interpreted as trying to stifle discussion.

• We are all in the same boat here...sometime I feel like we are not far from a therapy group 😂

• And ...

scene

• edited November 2018

@gusgranite said:
    The recent bickering and sniping has made me want to stay away of late. This is my fun time, if it gets dull then I move on. I’m sure others are the same. Which would be a shame because I would prefer that we all stuck around. I’ve learned so much from this forum and have always enjoyed hanging out.

One of the bright lights of this forum is the engagement with the developers. We are learning that they are in it for the fun as well because nobody’s getting rich off iOS app development that we’re aware of. If I was a developer though I would be seriously questioning the value of taking part in this forum considering the tone of recent threads.

So here’s a call for us all to just step back a minute and take a breath. Raise concerns but not repeatedly. Treat differing opinions with respect. Treat developers like royalty! Try to keep the tone friendly and good humoured. Cut down the gossip and accusations. Drop your guard and try to not take offence too quickly.

Yes, I may sound like a self-righteous old pomp saying this but I will try to heed my own words as well.

Peace ✌️

+1
    Thanks a lot for your posting! 👍

And finally...

Om Shanti 🙏