Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reverb dry/wet OR effect level?

edited November 2018 in Other

Using reverb with a dry/wet knob has been my common practice. However recently experimenting with a new unit which has an effect level knob instead. Really enjoying increasing the reverb while not losing the original sound that took effort to shape.
Pros and cons to everything....
Thoughts or Advice?

Comments

• 100% wet in its own send channel pretty much always sounds best to me, for both hardware and software.

• @lairdhenn said:
    100% wet in its own send channel pretty much always sounds best to me, for both hardware and software.

Mmmm will experiment, thx

• If you’re using the reverb in a send channel, then IMO you should always go 100% wet. That way the only signal that is coming from the send is the reverb itself. You still have the unaffected sound you worked hard to craft coming through it’s own channel. This gives you a tremendous amount of flexibility.

You have the faders for both the original and the FX channel for adjustments. You can send more or less signal to the reverb unit. You can put the send control pre fader so that the amount of signal you send stays the same even if you adjust the original volume. Or you can put the send post-fader so that the amount of signal you send increases or decreases with volume adjustments. Best of all, you can chain FX in front of or behind the reverb. For instance, you can cut the low and high frequencies before they go into the reverb to tighten it up. Or, you can put a chorus after the reverb to make it more lush. All without affecting the dry component at all.

One thing for sure, is if the reverb is on a send, you generally want 100% wet. If not, then you’re doubling up on the dry sound. That said ... there are no rules.

If you’re using the reverb in-line, then wet/dry and FX level are similar, so yeah, whatever sounds best.

• Yeah I only use wet/dry mix if the reverb unit is onboard and I can’t isolate the 2 signals easily.
    Separate reverb unit on a send with 100% wet is much better if possible, for how I
    Iike to work. But that is only for normal, sane use of reverb. If I am using reverb as part of sound design, unrelated to creating a realistic space, then I tend to use wet/dry mix more.