Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Unfriendly: a FREE Kaspar Bank for Your Halloween Souls

edited October 2017 in Creations

October 28

Here's a new bank for all you current/future Kasparians out there. It's twisted, sinister, loud, nearly 100% psychotic and will likely frighten you or at least a few people (or animals) in your vicinity. And it was damn fun to make. But why. I was honestly quite bored by Kaspar. Playing it sounded like listening to voicemails from other synthesizers. It just didn't fit in my empire of things. But something kept me exploring because it does have a lot to offer and some really neat features. So I decided to turn everything up to maximum. All of it. Everything. And then I started to get somewhere by organizing (for the most part) all of that chaos. That is what this bank represents. That and the lost souls that are most likely watching you from within your walls as you read this :/

Enjoy

BUT FIRST
I can't stress this enough. PLEASE be easy with your volume levels. Kaspar is very grumpy now. And at times, particularly when switching presets, he will have an outburst that I PROMISE you will come damn near close to taking your head off or fatally wounding your fancy speakers. Trust me on this. The noises are often amazing, and should totally be recorded for further use of course. BUT they can be violent.** YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.**

TL:DR

I made a new bank for Kaspar. It's psychotic and it might destroy your hearing if you are not careful with your volume levels. Enjoy!

Download Here

Install: choose the "copy to" function and select Kaspar.

P.S. The mod wheel does a lot of stuff usually.

Comments

• How cool is that! Thanks man.

• edited October 2017

@brice done thanks, I look forward to playing with this later :)

• Thanks @brice A new batch of sounds is great for any synth but your patches are of such high quality and so instantly useable.

• Very awesome, thank you!

• @brice man, you are gifted! Such a brilliant mind to make patches. And good hearted! Thanks!!!!

• Thank you man, your patches are amazing!

• @brice awesome collection - I love playing FieldsOfJuno patch.

• edited October 2017

Thanks for these, great patches. I've not used Kapsar much so far but these really show off what you can do with it :)

• @brice thank you mate, very generous. Sounds are great !

• @Carnbot said:
    Thanks for these, great patches. I've not used Kapsar much so far but these really show off what you can do with it :)

I’m having great fun driving Kaspar with Xequence on separate MIDI channels.

• Here is my demo of this epic and scary Bank

• @brice thanks mate. Really awesome

Got me wondering if there’s a place where we can swap more kaspar patches ?

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is my demo of this epic and scary Bank

Thanks Doug - to be honest I was so blown away by the visuals in Brice's vid I didn't take much notice of the sounds!

• Great sounds! Thank you very much @brice,

• @brice is the Santa Claus of patch banks
    Thanks a millionty

• @brice Thank you thank you! Very good, some lovely bits and bobs. I'm fond of Kaspar and these are a great addition. PLUS cool names. May start a band called Virgin Detergent this very night.....

• @brice much love! thank you.

• Excellent sound design! Thanks!

• Very nice, thank you!

• Thanks for all of the kind words. I hope you guys are enjoying the bank…if not musically, then at least to make some spooky sound effects for any makeshift / pop-up haunted houses you might have planned.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @brice Thank you thank you! Very good, some lovely bits and bobs. I'm fond of Kaspar and these are a great addition. PLUS cool names. May start a band called Virgin Detergent this very night.....

Haha…the merch table at a Virgin Detergent show could be a remarkable zone.

• edited November 2018

A little necrothread bumping. A year late to the parade. I bought Karpar as a gift to my newly acquired 10.5 pro. I diwnloaded this bank and am checking out the patches. I play in a kinda OG industrial/black ambient group, and this really fits in with what we do. It's good to know that these sounds are possible in Kaspar. I look forward to making/using my own.

I really love Kaspar - so glad I didn't trust some of the reviews I saw, and went with my instinct. Thanks @brice And thanks to Yonac for the Halloween discount!

• @brice
    This was ultra cool. Thanx man.
    And what magnificent sounds, very clever, very spooky.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    A little necrothread bumping. A year late to the parade. I bought Karpar as a gift to my newly acquired 10.5 pro. I diwnloaded this bank and am checking out the patches. I play in a kinda OG industrial/black ambient group, and this really fits in with what we do. It's good to know that these sounds are possible in Kaspar. I look forward to making/using my own.

I really love Kaspar - so glad I didn't trust some of the reviews I saw, and went with my instinct. Thanks @brice And thanks to Yonac for the Halloween discount!

@Kühl said:
    @brice
    This was ultra cool. Thanx man.
    And what magnificent sounds, very clever, very spooky.

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying these old haunts.

• I've been using Kaspar more and more lately - initially I didn't like it but there are some really nice presets in there.

Funny - I touted at the time that I liked Kauldron better than Kaspar but now I'm finding that I almost never fire up Kauldron and use Kaspar more and more.....

Still like both of these more than Magellan, though..... ;)

• Excellent ...thank you.

• @Daveypoo said:
    I've been using Kaspar more and more lately - initially I didn't like it but there are some really nice presets in there.

Funny - I touted at the time that I liked Kauldron better than Kaspar but now I'm finding that I almost never fire up Kauldron and use Kaspar more and more.....

I like both but anytime I use external MIDI with it as an AUv3 it responds on all MIDI channels, despite how I’ve restricted it via the host. Like if I set it to work on MIDI channel 1 only it plays on all of them, it makes it unusable anything live.

• @Daveypoo said:
    I've been using Kaspar more and more lately - initially I didn't like it but there are some really nice presets in there.

I didn't mind Magellan among the older apps, gave Kauldron a few tries and my first impression was not good. It had a nice variety of sounds but all of them seemed to lack warmth compared to Zeeon or the Moog synths. To be fair I still need to spend more time with it, even if its cold that can be a sound. I think it may have been processor heavy too.

Haven't heard much about Kaspar, looks good, dont need it personally at the moment.
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/kaspar/id1245045964

• Really, really nice set of 40 great presets, thank you @brice I know a Preset Pack is good when I want to make a track, or get inspired by the majority of the patches. This one, check. Cheers!