Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 Update is out

tjatja
edited November 2018 in General App Discussion

I cannot get the ShortCuts App to copy the latest release notes about 3.0.11
Just about 3.0.10 and older:

BeatMaker 3 is frequently updated to bring more exciting features and improve the overall experience! This version will fix the launch issues some users reported after updating!

• You will be prompted before BeatMaker 3 performs a library update / indexing. This will resolve the issue with slow app launch. You can always perform this action from the Settings screen within the app.
  • Indexing of library files is now quicker and more robust.
  • When indexing files and downloading packs from the sound-store, make sure the device doesn’t auto-locks.
  • If the library database gets corrupted, BeatMaker 3 will warn you and offer to reset it.
  • Added an option in the iOS Settings app, to reset the database file. This can solve issue with bogus libraries.
  • Added a way to enable or disable the lookahead in the “Dynamics” effect, as well as setting the lookahead time for further tweaking.

[Overall improvements]

• Parameters controlled by a macro will now act as macro knobs themselves, rather than displaying a panel to change/set the value.
  • When displaying the FX panel back, restore the position where it was left on.
  • Mixer levels can now be switched between traditional green/red levels and track colors. Simply press the “•••” button at the bottom right of the mixer.
  • Added a RMS or Peak switch in the Mixer. Simply press the “•••” button to show the option panel.
  • Added a channel strip size switch in the Mixer. Simply press the “•••” button to show the option panel.
  • The 0dB graduation is now more prominent on mixer channel meters.
  • Renamed quantization recording option to “Quantize Note On’s” and “Quantize Note Off’s” for clarity.
  • Metronome options are now in a separate panel. To display it, long-press the metronome icon in the transport bar.
  • Added metronome volume and tuning in the new metronome panel.
  • Added “All Pass” filter type in SV Filter and 6-bands EQ effects.
  • “Dynamics” effect improvements.
  • Added a toolbar to copy, paste, cut and clear pads when entering “SELECT” mode on the main Perform screen.
  • When entering Pads “SELECT” mode, disable Repeat.
  • Pressing the browser headers, and the plugins list headers will quickly jump back to the beginning of the list.
  • Save and restore full-screen sample editor time reference.
  • It is now possible to set any color on tracks, banks & pads with the RGB color selector in the track panel.
  • It is now possible to set any color on macros with the RGB color picker in the macro setup panel.
  • Keep the order in which parameters are connected to macros, in the macro setup panel.
  • Audio tracks can now use any other tracks as their audio input (hardware outputs, auxes, other audio tracks).
  • In the Sound Store, you can now see which pack you already own and if they are already installed.
  • It is now possible to re-assign focus actions to another device.
  • Display sample bit-depth and sample rate in the editors.
  • Improved AUv3 & IAA MIDI events timing and sequencer position accuracy.
  • In the Settings, it is now possible to set the iOS audio system in “high-quality mode” (aka “measurement”). This mode is intended for apps that need to minimize the amount of system-supplied signal processing to input and output signals.

[Sampler & Plugins]

• When double-tapping the sequencer stop button, don’t send note off’s messages on all 128 keys and all 16 channels.
  • Zoom to maximum level when long-pressing sample editor [+] button.
  • Slices can now be exported a separate samples. They will be saved in the main ‘Samples’ directory.
  • Many bug fixes & visual improvements around the app.

[Sequencer]

• Added an arm button to enable/disable track recording.

See https://intua.net/blog for more update info.

Comments

• More MIDI and transient detection sounds good!

• over on Facebook they said it's got transient detection, anyone tried it?

• tjatja
    edited November 2018

@kobamoto said:
    over on Facebook they said it's got transient detection, anyone tried it?

It’s in the release notes above - only in the screenshot.
    Cannot download as i am currently only on a mobile connection

• Let the bitching begin! :)

• F•i•n•a•l•l•y B)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    The update’s totally broken the traditional bm3 midi au functions and workflow. Wtf.

Have you downloaded it? What exactly do you mean by "traditional bm3 midi au functions"?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:
    The update’s totally broken the traditional bm3 midi au functions and workflow. Wtf.

Have you downloaded it? What exactly do you mean by "traditional bm3 midi au functions"?

Yeah. You can’t record the midi fx, unless I’ve just missed a trick. It’s better than Cubasis because it’s got more than one slot, but not being able to record is just bad if it’s true.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:

Yeah. You can’t record the midi fx, unless I’ve just missed a trick. It’s better than Cubasis because it’s got more than one slot, but not being able to record is just bad if it’s true.

Thinking about it, we need a freeze function for MIDI tracks, right? ;)

• edited November 2018

@rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:

What I used to do a lot in BM3 before Rozeta changed, was to send an instances midi to multiple sound sources and record their midi. Then I would change the Rozeta settings and record again.

This is now not possible in BM3. A freeze function would not help

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@rs2000 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:

What I used to do a lot in BM3 before Rozeta changed, was to send an instances midi to multiple sound sources and record their midi. Then I would change the Rozeta settings and record again.

This is now not possible in BM3. A freeze function would not help

Yah simple recording is step one though heh. I am sure it will happen... ...one day

• Wow.
    That's really bizarre.

• Sorry if this is taken as rude, it’s not meant to be, but didn’t any of the peeps with the beta pick up on this? Am I being too silly thinking I should be able to record the midi my midi AU produces? What if an AU midi app is a keyboard...the track won’t record the midi it produces?

• Please tell me I’m wrong and it is possible to record the midi?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Dawdles said:

Only the last one in the chain can pass midi to the instrument, so having more slots makes no sense at all. Unless you want to control the pattenrs of the second fx from the first (haven't tried that) but that isn't as useful as being able to record it... ehh
    On the positive note the transient detection works great. As sampler it keeps growing, as a daw it's letdown.

• So are you saying that apps like Riffer won't work, as in you can't record the midi from it, but it will trigger the synths?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Please tell me I’m wrong and it is possible to record the midi?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone chimes in and tells us one more hidden secret.
    Reading the intua forum posts, I'm also surprised how few fellows were actually involved in beta testing.

• @Carnbot said:
    So are you saying that apps like Riffer won't work, as in you can't record the midi from it, but it will trigger the synths?

Riffer isn’t AU midi so it won’t work in those slots anyway

• @Dawdles said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Please tell me I’m wrong and it is possible to record the midi?

Can’t route it. Can’t record it. Intua need to roll it back to how it was.. midi au was always great in bm3 on the pads. Pointless reinvention. Why alter something if it means it’ll be less functional and not fit with old projects?

They fixed a crucial bug regarding the audio..

That was not pointless at all.

So far I've noticed:

Audio not recording bug still present
    Adding a new bank messes with previously recorded automation
    Stability is vastly improved

Try looking at it with a glass half full mindset. Stability is what everybody asked for!

Keep an open mind until you've downloaded it and used it. Not crashing is the most important thing here...

• edited November 2018

I think it shows a really poor understanding of how people use AU midi.

I could live with the lack of the sending to many instruments now, but not lack of recording.

• Anybody registered at their forum and able to tell them the complains?

• edited November 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Carnbot said:
    So are you saying that apps like Riffer won't work, as in you can't record the midi from it, but it will trigger the synths?

Riffer isn’t AU midi so it won’t work in those slots anyway

Ok I think there's still an AU category problem perhaps, Riffer and Rozeta are AU midi instruments as seen in the apeMatrix categories, but aren't midi fx. Unless apeMatrix has the categories wrong. I feel like the Rozeta suite are AU midi instruments and not effects so shouldn't be in that list.