Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studio Amplify - looking for new app ideas.

Heya --- after a bit of a hiatus --- we're excited to announce that we're making a comeback into the world of audio apps and we're bursting with energy!

If you haven't seen our work, checkout NOIZ and KRFT.

We're looking for ideas for new apps that we can make - so love to hear what you'd like us to make.... Reply here or chat to us on our discord channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/xR3SPeG

We're particularly looking for simple focussed ideas for tools or things that are missing from your workflow.

Comments

• Well, how about making KRFT a midi looper ? (and evolve it a bit further with IAPs)

• What would you like to see in a new midi loop type app?

• edited November 2018

@weepy said:
    What would you like to see in a new midi loop type app?

Well , I would like seeing the KRFT style modular clips building custom clips that can group together , step-link (one is finished ,the other starts ) ,one shot / toggle / latch type , midi in/out port/channel select , relative Linked tempo speed (/2, *2) , scale set (before or after) , transposing , swing reverse , split , merge , random triggered step , slowing down/up step and some more stuff :)
    Oh ,also quantize the number of bars when recording ,so the user can have the option to record on pre-set number of bars or freely play a phrase and recordings stops when desired on the end of the current bar ....

Edit : Just not another iOS free/cheap/limited music app full of IAPs ;)

• Have a look at Serato Sample.
    And don't forget AB, IAA and AUv3 support.

• I think some updates to KRFT would be nice before moving on to new apps, since it hasn’t been updated for over a year. Even just a few tweaks or presets would show it’s still loved.

• edited November 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    I think some updates to KRFT would be nice before moving on to new apps, since it hasn’t been updated for over a year. Even just a few tweaks or presets would show it’s still loved.

I think that affair is now officially over. They may send the odd child support payment, but there are no plans to consumate matters any further. At least I think I read that in some scandal sheet around here somewhere....would be happy to stand corrected.

• edited November 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    I think some updates to KRFT would be nice before moving on to new apps, since it hasn’t been updated for over a year. Even just a few tweaks or presets would show it’s still loved.

I agree with the above. Keep it current and fresh.

I can't offer anything more I want to see in KRFT at the moment, as I just purchased it on an impulse the other day. I think it's a lovely thing but would love to see it get more love ... i've dug into it enough to see that it is an environment with massive potential. I look to the dev to show me their vision for an app.

• KRFT is very deep for sure and we will revisit when the time is right. But right now it doesn't make economic sense for us to tweak KRFT.

We want to build new apps that are smaller and more focused. KRFT is a tour de force, but it's hard to market simply because it does SO much.

• KRFT is too "out there" (I guess) for most and apparently did not garner enough interest. Not sure why, as it's quite easy to use - I suppose the visual aspect was just too different from other apps. In any case, Ampify want and need to move on.

I hope that anything they develop has enough connectivity to keep us all happy - AU, AB, midi in and out, stems, etc. Maybe AU hosting if it's an environment, though my take is that they want to create "smaller" modules.

• A Samplr and Blocs Wave hybrid with built in fx like BM3 to mangle things up. Offer fx iap and sample pack iap and allow user sample imports to be tagged. Maybe that’s a bit much, would be cool though.

• @weepy said:
    We want to build new apps that are smaller and more focused. ........

So, kindly forget the midi looper thing :tongue:

Well, now I think about it , I do miss a cheap , super-lightweight audio multitrack recorder to capture audio (and mix it) , from modular setups like AB3, AUM ,ApeMatrix.
    Essentially with optimized for touchscreen GUI (plus lots of gestures) with no menus for quick editing (generally it’s a challenge to reinvent DAW mixing layout)
    No need to host AUs ,IAA . Maybe sync start/stop with Link (and midi). Optional bus outputs would be a nice workaround for rerouting audio thru desired effects .
    But no menus , no gazillion icons, so that the small iPad screen would not get smaller ;)

PS. We <3 KRFT . a crowdfunding would be welcomed :)

• Hi - thanks for asking.

I would love to see a super simple AU drum pad sample player.
    Size and number the pads how you want them.
    Drag and drop samples onto the pads.
    Point the pads to a Files directory/directories and load random sounds at the push of a button (dice).
    Midi in/out/thru.

• @weepy said:
    KRFT is very deep for sure and we will revisit when the time is right. But right now it doesn't make economic sense for us to tweak KRFT.

Just my opinion - but when I look at new apps to buy I checkout the devs other products first, and in particular the support and update history. A history of regular updates gives me confidence to buy the new stuff, even if it's only a few new presets. On a fast moving platform such as this, regular support and updates are as important to me as the product itself.

• An iPad AU version of the Elektron Digitakt would be “Amazing”.

• @echoopera said:
    An iPad AU version of the Elektron Digitakt would be “Amazing”.

Your next "toy"? ;)
    Apps that can sample+edit live and work as IAA and AU are rare indeed.

• edited November 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@weepy said:
    KRFT is very deep for sure and we will revisit when the time is right. But right now it doesn't make economic sense for us to tweak KRFT.

Just my opinion - but when I look at new apps to buy I checkout the devs other products first, and in particular the support and update history. A history of regular updates gives me confidence to buy the new stuff, even if it's only a few new presets. On a fast moving platform such as this, regular support and updates are as important to me as the product itself.

Sorry to be a parrot ... but this is EXACTLY my buying habit. Whatever you do end up developing new, it would be wise to take @MonzoPro 's opinion into account.

• edited November 2018

Been thinking ...

It's funny, but I look at the offerings in the ios world and there is a ton of stuff. But, then I look at what @giku_beepstreet is developing, the imminent Drambo, and there clearly is a place and major excitement for stuff that's been done before and needs to be improved upon.

I like the concept of Circuit by Novation. I am loving the idea of getting hardware like a Maschine from NI. I really like the big pads in BM3 for playing and recording. I would love an app that did this in a fresh way, but that allowed the absolute dead simple loading of samples, allowed sampling in, and had great folder support (it needs to be so easy that a clown could do it). Also, you need to be able to do editing within the app - super buzzkill to have to leave an app and return. But and this is a big but ... it's primary focus is as an instrument. Very few apps feel like instruments in their own right. This app would need to have a built in synth that was somehow different and useful. I like the idea of CronoX from Linplug (my favorite dev from awhile back on vst) that was synthesis combined with samples. And great effects. This path combined with those big lovely pads (and maybe a keyboard option) would be grande.

• Break KRFT modules up into playable AU plugins, each sold separately. Collect them all! Then gather up your cash from the stage floor and make something new.

• Well every now and then someone asks if there’s an iOS app like beat buddy - and there still isn’t

• An audio unit sample mangler with spectral sonogram editing such as iris 2

• If you’re that short of ideas it doesn’t bode well for the longevity of your next project...

• I love KRFT, please add AU support for intruments, effects and midi. I will pay for that!! Glad to see you come back to iOS music apps.

• I’ve done no market research, so maybe this exists, but how about a music video app that analyses the imported song and detects the beat or flow of the music, making it easy to synchronise video clips and effects on the timeline?

I’d also like KRFT to be kept updated. I’d especially like the ability to access my user projects so I can keep them safely backed up myself.

• @Janosax said:
    I love KRFT, please add AU support for intruments, effects and midi. I will pay for that!! Glad to see you come back to iOS music apps.

Good point. I would pay for upgrades as well.

• Since you ask:

• A multitrack recorder, like the ancient 4-tracks, no midi needed, no built in instruments or effects, just host those AUs and IA and play - then make it easy to clip, mix, loop... (that is what AUM lacks)
    • A modern mutation of Samplr and Borderlands granular
    • For the nerds out there: A clone of Xronomorph https://www.dynamictonality.com/xronomorph.htm with better UI

Whatever you do, support MPE - not only the Rolis :)

Thanks for asking.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    An audio unit sample mangler with spectral sonogram editing such as iris 2

That would also be cool :) But also making the spectrum a 3D object in the iPad would be better B)

• @gusgranite said:
    Hi - thanks for asking.

I would love to see a super simple AU drum pad sample player.
    Size and number the pads how you want them.
    Drag and drop samples onto the pads.
    Point the pads to a Files directory/directories and load random sounds at the push of a button (dice).
    Midi in/out/thru.

+1 on this...

• edited November 2018

hmmmm lemme think

• AU midi devices.

Piano keyboards don’t work well on a touch screen device. Pads are mostly not great in most DAWs. I would like better designs or more preferably some form of designer.

I would like an alternative input method that can then be used in the AU midi slot in Cubasis etc.

I want to be able to connect the device to send midi CCs and hopefully be fully compliant with Roli 5D stuff too.

I need to be able to choose key and scale on the fly or at least have key and scale memories at hand.

I think as you’ve already done some alternative forms of onscreen note input in KRFT, this would be right up your street.

Here’s a couple of examples from Seline Redux Pro that show much easier playing onscreen than a standard piano design. Just for ideas:

• NEW EMOJIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;)