Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Beatwave Betas out there?

Saw a tweet that says the major new Beatwave version is due out in the next 24 hours (free upgrade to Pro users -yay!), but as is often the way I have been revisiting this app in the last 24 hours and am really enjoying it, sufficiently so that I'm getting paranoid that this could one of those major upgrades that reinvents the app as part of a new sales strategy.

Anyone got any insight?

Comments

• edited November 2018

I mean the tweet also mentions that it will be a free update for Pro users so I guess there is little to fear for you. Maybe @Jumpercollins has some insight into the update if he is under no NDA.

• Interesting. I thought this release would be far from now. Gonna keep my eyes open for any info

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Saw a tweet that says the major new Beatwave version is due out in the next 24 hours (free upgrade to Pro users -yay!), but as is often the way I have been revisiting this app in the last 24 hours and am really enjoying it, sufficiently so that I'm getting paranoid that this could one of those major upgrades that reinvents the app as part of a new sales strategy.

Anyone got any insight?

@JohnnyGoodyear It’s a universal release so if you got a iPad, and iPhone update phone first to try it out. I say there is less screen switching in the new option.

• edited November 2018

@Jumpercollins said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Anyone got any insight?

@JohnnyGoodyear It’s a universal release so if you got a iPad, and iPhone update phone first to try it out. I say there is less screen switching in the new option.

Thanks JC. Good thought on the phone etc. Looking forward to it....

• @Zaubrer said:
    I mean the tweet also mentions that it will be a free update for Pro users so I guess there is little to fear for you. Maybe @Jumpercollins has some insight into the update if he is under no NDA.

I'm sure it will be fine, there have just been a few things (I remember Auxy at one point) which have made me regret updating....

• @JohnnyGoodyear I think the app workflow is a lot simpler now, there seems less controls now for some reason I admit I go looking for items in the old app that have changed some what now.

The sounds in the app are great for use as a sound module accompanying other apps they have been put into less groups.

So probably wise to wait till after the update is out I’m sure Doug will do a update video then decide if you want to update or not.

• Big question is: Midi Out (Y/N)?😬 is it a Yak or a Newt? Get my drift?🤪

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear I think the app workflow is a lot simpler now, there seems less controls now for some reason I admit I go looking for items in the old app that have changed some what now.

The sounds in the app are great for use as a sound module accompanying other apps they have been put into less groups.

So probably wise to wait till after the update is out I’m sure Doug will do a update video then decide if you want to update or not.

Yes, it's the less control I live in fear of. I remember when Auxy (I think) went from being able to control volume per note from 1 to 100 to just 'Soft' or not. Really fed me up. Wait and I see I guess. And not too long :)

• Dang, this app is 8 years old.
    Well, better late than never.

I think I may have to go ‘Pro’ on this. It is pretty slick.

• Woot woot it’s out

• @echoopera said:
    Woot woot it’s out

AND?????????

Do tell?

A vast and innovative expansion on the original or a savage cutdown for the mass market?

As though there are only two options :)

• edited November 2018

It’s breathing life into a new direction. Still needs some work, but i like where it’s going.

• edited November 2018

Dived. I am crashing as soon as I try to add another track of any kind. Rebooted etc but no dice. No doubt will be fixed, so will wait to pass judgment etc.

• I am having no luck loading it into AB or AUM.
    Bummer.

• Have tweeted dev.

• All credit to dev, heard back within ten minutes. For the record mine was an upgrade not a fresh install, so I deleted, rebooted and then downloaded fresh and it seems now to work fine. Looking forward to diving further in.

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    All credit to dev, heard back within ten minutes. For the record mine was an upgrade not a fresh install, so I deleted, rebooted and then downloaded fresh and it seems now to work fine. Looking forward to diving further in.

Good to know. Mine is buggy as hell right now. And still is. If you arm record and then play the keyboard, it records on input but won’t record the very first note. Also recorded a passage with long sustained notes, the notes played back short and staccato. Crashed multiple times in different scenarios so I couldn’t even say what the cause was. So far this is a total mess that I hope gets cleaned up soon because it does seem promising.

• @db909 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    All credit to dev, heard back within ten minutes. For the record mine was an upgrade not a fresh install, so I deleted, rebooted and then downloaded fresh and it seems now to work fine. Looking forward to diving further in.

Good to know. Mine is buggy as hell right now. And still is. If you arm record and then play the keyboard, it records on input but won’t record the very first note. Also recorded a passage with long sustained notes, the notes played back short and staccato. Crashed multiple times in different scenarios so I couldn’t even say what the cause was. So far this is a total mess that I hope gets cleaned up soon because it does seem promising.

Yup, I have a couple of other things. I dropped him a line (AND invited him to stop by as well :)....

• Does the new version still do the morphing of patterns? This is my personal favourite... .

• @animal said:
    Does the new version still do the morphing of patterns? This is my personal favourite... .

yes

I'm not sure what happened(s) to my previously bought instruments -- like the jazz stuff as it seems to be mostly electronic.

• @audiblevideo said:

@animal said:
    Does the new version still do the morphing of patterns? This is my personal favourite... .

yes

I'm not sure what happened(s) to my previously bought instruments -- like the jazz stuff as it seems to be mostly electronic.

He taken the Jazz pack out of this update hopes to add it back at some point.

• The morph feature is the money feature but it seems to turn itself off when you make changes? Kinda odd that I have to keep going back to turn it on.

• Still no MIDI?!

• Would really love to hear the context and rationale from the dev on this one. I'm sure he has a plan/idea, but without explanation we are left to guess and (in my case) wildly prognosticate (at least to myself :)....glad I have the 'original' on an older machine, so best of both worlds, and hope that the new version gets polished a little more and reveals itself to me a little better....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Would really love to hear the context and rationale from the dev on this one. I'm sure he has a plan/idea, but without explanation we are left to guess and (in my case) wildly prognosticate (at least to myself :)....glad I have the 'original' on an older machine, so best of both worlds, and hope that the new version gets polished a little more and reveals itself to me a little better....

My abiding love for Alchemy is why my devices are still on 10.3.
    Therefore, there was no automatic update to this new Betamaker. At the moment, that seems to be a good thing. I really like the "old" Beatmaker.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Would really love to hear the context and rationale from the dev on this one. I'm sure he has a plan/idea, but without explanation we are left to guess and (in my case) wildly prognosticate (at least to myself :)....glad I have the 'original' on an older machine, so best of both worlds, and hope that the new version gets polished a little more and reveals itself to me a little better....

My abiding love for Alchemy is why my devices are still on 10.3.
    Therefore, there was no automatic update to this new Betamaker. At the moment, that seems to be a good thing. I really like the "old" Beatmaker.

Snap as regards Alchemy and now Beatmaker on the older option. It's becoming quite a beloved alternative :)

• ANyone figured how to record out of this thing yet?