Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Need ability to arm Play button of an input app to trigger when Record of output app pressed

edited April 2013 in Feature Wishlists

I haven't found this mentioned in the feature requests section of the forum, so thought I'd mention it. Apologies if it already is well known.

So the feature request is for the ability to arm the Play button of an input app to trigger when the Record button of output app is pressed. I've got a few apps which allow building of loops, such as Impaktor and Figure, which can then be played through audiobus, but it is a pain to attempt to capture these exactly when they should start, since they don't have a midi trigger of any sort.

Please tell me this isn't already possible! :)

Or if it is, definitely tell me how! :)

Comments

• Midi sync can be used with a some apps. Off hand I know funkbox is one.

• I came to these forums just for this reason. Also a way to sync play buttons to activate at same time was what I was thinking.

• @fantamos said:

I came to these forums just for this reason. Also a way to sync play buttons to activate at same time was what I was thinking.

Yep, we've thought about that one a lot. Definitely on our road map.

• Of course, Core-MIDI compliant apps [that actually sync] would be the simplest answer to this issue.