Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I want to say 'I wish I had an hour to put aside to try new things every day' but I also know that's a matter of making the time/arranging the priorities etc. The dog here is nodding in agreement.

I'll make you a playlist, both you and the dog will enjoy it.

I would love that. He's (originally) from the Pyrenees if that helps :)

Makes me think of a different slant on 'Song of the Month' whereby folks share the single song that's grabbed them (if lucky enough that month to be grabbed...)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@99476598326 said:
    I often catch myself not listening to music and it's really dumb. So I decided I would start walking to and from work with headphones listening to music. 80 mins a day of quality listening.

I make sure I am listening to something new I have not heard before at least for half an hour and then I listen to what has inspired me to produce and dj in the first place (Derrick May, Scan7, Juan Atkins, Ken Ishii etc.)

I listen to new music exclusively while walking the dog for an hour each day. Even so it takes a while to catch up with everything that's going on.

I want to say 'I wish I had an hour to put aside to try new things every day' but I also know that's a matter of making the time/arranging the priorities etc. The dog here is nodding in agreement.

my rabbit says he same thing. which is why i swapped the bus for the walk to work.

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Maybe that could be a thread...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Makes me think of a different slant on 'Song of the Month' whereby folks share the single song that's grabbed them (if lucky enough that month to be grabbed...)

Here's one I made last summer for friend, it's a good snapshot of the stuff I've liked in the last 2-3 years:

https://open.spotify.com/user/itchyfrog/playlist/6sUD6QhpkFnSk3NaeWY3b8?si=QcB5wTNlRpC0GXS25cG6og

• @richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Here's one I made last summer for friend, it's a good snapshot of the stuff I've liked in the last 2-3 years:

https://open.spotify.com/user/itchyfrog/playlist/6sUD6QhpkFnSk3NaeWY3b8?si=QcB5wTNlRpC0GXS25cG6og

Thank you so much! Appreciate it, and hope that I do :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@richardyot said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thank you so much! Appreciate it, and hope that I do :)

Don't forget to let me know what the dog thinks!

• For those of us (self included here) who have trouble finishing stuff but really want to, do you feel it's cool to use composition aids like this? https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/29401/chordflow-update-scale-mode-key-wheel-chord-lock#latest

I've always had a hangup about this but am now much more forgiving with myself. Rozeta and StepPolyArp and the one above (don't have it yet) have not only upped the "fun quotient" while working but I've had some cool "happy accidents". Plus, you're taste as an arranger still very much comes into play when trying to assemble these happy accidents into something cohesive. I dunno, might be a helpful thing to utilize, if you don't have a hangup about it. :)

• Mister Thom Yorke has a 'mixtape' thingie on BBC radio. Experimental, electro, whatever I guess, including Stockhausen, Aphex, Faust, and some others who are mostly too cool and obscure for me etc etc:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00011hv

Think it's going to be up for another three weeks or so.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Mister Thom Yorke has a 'mixtape' thingie on BBC radio. Experimental, electro, whatever I guess, including Stockhausen, Aphex, Faust, and some others who are mostly too cool and obscure for me etc etc:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00011hv

Think it's going to be up for another three weeks or so.

I’ve always liked Radiohead and MrThom, chuffed to see a couple of Faust in there. Lots I don’t know about though so I’ll investigate. Cheers Boss.

His new Suspirium track is lovely, I’ve been playing this a lot:

• edited November 2018

@MonzoPro Mister Damn Thom is one of those rare folks who inspires and intimidates me at the same time....normally I can find some of reassuring chink ('doesn't sound passionate enough' 'writes crap lyrics" etc etc), but not this fucker. Also like his late stage scruffy odd bastard from an unknown century look.

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @MonzoPro Mister Damn Thom is one of those rare folks who inspires and intimidates me at the same time....normally I can find some of reassuring chink ('doesn't sound passionate enough' 'writes crap lyrics" etc etc), but not this fucker. Also like his late stage scruffy odd bastard from an unknown century look.

He’s regenerating into Willie Nelson.

There’s something about his voice, and his/Radiohead’s music that captures my imagination and inspires me.

I went through his playlist last night, some funny old stuff in there boss.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

He’s regenerating into Willie Nelson.

There’s something about his voice, and his/Radiohead’s music that captures my imagination and inspires me.

I went through his playlist last night, some funny old stuff in there boss.

I find him a sort of internal measuring stick. Especially when it comes to more plinky-bleepy noises or rhythms (what would Thom think? or more likely could Thom have a credible warble on top of this noise?)....I have narrowed it down to two essential constituent parts: something radioactive or chemical along with some kind of knowingly sad musical chord. OK I'm taking the piss, but you get the idea. Of course a falsetto filled with impossible longing or resignation and some well-written words helps also...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

He really does bring "the brilliant" to the band.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

He really does bring "the brilliant" to the band.

He's also stayed alive and, in tandem with my own happiness to be within sight of decrepitude, I'm interested to see what he does into his dotage etc.

• edited November 2018

Another passing thought on the psychology of pricing:

Was working on a little melody in Auxy (going well, thanks), but I am still irritated that one can only change the volume of individual notes to 'soft' (or not). Is it made worse by the fact that a previous version allowed precise volume changing? Yes. But also, somehow, by the fact of my subscription.

I wish for many things in apps I have bought, but beyond lobbying the dev accept the fact that how it is now is how it is. BUT, the fact of my continuing commercial intercourse (I'm paying for this thing right now, this very second) leads to feelings of aggravated entitlement.

Can't pinch with two fingers and zoom? What the hell are they doing over there? Sleeping on the job that's what!

Brings out the tyranty worst in me :)

• Britain is so fucked.

• Useful tips, what with the party season soon to be underway.

TL;DR Bearded painter, no hippies with their dirty feet, vodka.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Useful tips, what with the party season soon to be underway.

TL;DR Bearded painter, no hippies with their dirty feet, vodka.

No hippies with their dirty feet?!
    "I have a little system of my own!"
    -C. Manson

• I listen to very different music and their styles inspire me but I don’t have the skill and the equipment of those musicians so its mostly not even similar just influenced
    For instance I love punk and can’t play the electric guitar so I try to copy the feel of punk and combine it with virtual instruments

• Nice touch to have the pic of the artist herself, on a skateboard of all things.

• @richardyot said:
    Nice touch to have the pic of the artist herself, on a skateboard of all things.

This quote/idea shouted out loud at me when I first heard her say it. The truth of it in one way and then also how it made me think about the weird relationship between the doer and the watcher....big and interesting subject. AND -separate issue alert- the fact that I think this is something far more likely codified by a woman for those thousand other reasons etc etc etc....

• My OT Observation is this thread pops back up quite frequently :p

• @MonzoPro said:

Britain is so fucked.

Well ... In Britain they consider the idea of a corporation buying the country ridiculous.

• @richardyot said:
    Nice touch to have the pic of the artist herself, on a skateboard of all things.

Thurston. Moore. Is. Such. An. Idiot.

• @JeffChasteen said:

@richardyot said:

Thurston. Moore. Is. Such. An. Idiot.

While there are prolly two sides to the story, I'm going with this angle.

• Heard about this AI on NPR this weekend. https://inspirobot.me

Seems pretty much made for this thread. My first try:

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Heard about this AI on NPR this weekend. https://inspirobot.me

HA!

My first and only try answers perfectly and is somewhat chastening for a Monday morning:

• Damn, that's a good one! The interview on NPR with the creators was fascinating.