Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bleass is live, landscape, and one price for full unlock

No link yet on web
Here’s some YouTube

Comments

• Can’t imagine this doing well if subscription based.

• I have decided to allow myself one (small) iOS monthly subscription which is currently assigned to Auxy, but I'm a cheap tart and could be easily persuaded Nurse. On first looks not by this however. I can already think of a few things we have available to us that would more likely get my pennies (if I hadn't already bought them). Triq-Traq and Figure just for very quick examples...could there be a lot more going on here than there appears? Maybe......

• I’m going to try the freebie and decide if I start to crave those “pro features” (presets, packs, import export etc)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    I’m going to try the freebie and decide if I start to crave those “pro features” (presets, packs, import export etc)

watch out that you dont accidentally agree to subscribe...some of these subscription based apps are tricksy...

• edited October 2018

@99476598326 said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    I’m going to try the freebie and decide if I start to crave those “pro features” (presets, packs, import export etc)

watch out that you dont accidentally agree to subscribe...some of these subscription based apps are tricksy...

Thnx
    Caveat emptor fo sho...
    It’s a big old button in the configuration screen but I’ll check my iTunes account for any little visitors

The free version is fun and sounds good, it’s a nice little 4 track sequencer with a Monosynth and sample based drum kit. Very nicely designed. A bit like a vertically arrayed Groovebox but with songmode (!) along with a looplaunch live mode

I’m not sure I’ll keep it installed, I’ve got next level stuff up to my eyeballs already. But it’s actually cool and smart enough that it could hook someone on music making on the platform.

• A quick and pretty rough Jam with Bleass

• With Auxy, it didn't go $4.99/month subscription until its 5.0 release. It already built a following when it was freemium. When it went subscription, Auxy allowed a one-week trial before the full subscription took effect. Even then, each sample pack used to cost about $4.99 each, and since Auxy adds new samples monthly, the price of $4.99/month is pretty much spot on.

Bleass is something I've never heard of before and looks to be pretty limited. I mean, it looks interesting, but in a market saturated with apps, $6.49/month for Bleass is very much overpriced. Maybe my opinion would change had it a trial period where all features were unlocked for free for a week before the monthly charge kicked in.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    With Auxy, it didn't go $4.99/month subscription until its 5.0 release. It already built a following when it was freemium. When it went subscription, Auxy allowed a one-week trial before the full subscription took effect. Even then, each sample pack used to cost about $4.99 each, and since Auxy adds new samples monthly, the price of $4.99/month is pretty much spot on.

Bleass is something I've never heard of before and looks to be pretty limited. I mean, it looks interesting, but in a market saturated with apps, $6.49/month for Bleass is very much overpriced. Maybe my opinion would change had it a trial period where all features were unlocked for free for a week before the monthly charge kicked in.

I think “saturated” is the word.

• Well, I hate portrait only apps and I hate subscriptions so ......

• Subscription? You’re joking , right?
    Dear app developers: One if the prime reasons I use iOS is because of cost. If this becomes a trend I’ll be on desktop like FL on Studio. (White on rice ).

• edited October 2018

I wouldnt get a subscription to any app and this one doesent convince me enough to even try out the beta for free so..

Portrait and subscription is what will lead to failure of this app.

• This must be a joke, right?

If basis apps like Cubasis, Notion, Gadget or AUM/Audiobus were subscribtion only, I would consider it.

But not a musical toy like this.

• @Kühl said:
    This must be a joke, right?

If basis apps like Cubasis, Notion, Gadget or AUM/Audiobus were subscribtion only, I would consider it.

But not a musical toy like this.

Exactly, I would only subscribe if it were something i needed like AUM, Cubasis, or Gadget. I don't think there's a single synth app i would subscribe to. Its a stupid new trend that Apple is really pushing on devs.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Subscription? You’re joking , right?
    Dear app developers: One if the prime reasons I use iOS is because of cost. If this becomes a trend I’ll be on desktop like FL on Studio. (White on rice ).

If cost is the problem then moving to the desktop would be a poor idea as it is in most cases 3x more costly.

• Just two and a half years of paying for this subscription would be just shy 200 bucks, roughly the cost of buying Gadget and most of the its IAP ..

If it were 10 or 20 bucks to buy outright, I'd consider it - but even then it'd be a hard sale, considering all the other mature apps on the market. It just doesn't sit right with me.

• edited October 2018

@99476598326 said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Subscription? You’re joking , right?

If cost is the problem then moving to the desktop would be a poor idea as it is in most cases 3x more costly.

I don't really see it that way, considering what you get. Reaper = free to use until you can afford the meager $60 .. Throw in $15 a month to rent East West or Roland Cloud, or better yet, rent to own synths/effects or mixing/mastering vsts through splice for same amount and you're off to the races.

I'm just glad most iOS music devs didn't go down the sub route, or I would have never given this platform a chance to begin with.

• Portrait only AND subscription?

Excellent solution to appolism.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    No link yet on web
    Here’s some YouTube

I tried the app & deleted it. It’s preposterous to charge a monthly fee for this app.
    But I would gladly buy it for 4.99

• Wat a joke.

Hence, my thread...."juice squeeze"..... these sort of trends.

• I like what I see, subscription aside. I’ll probably try it for a month see how it goes. Definitely like the simplistic look of it

• Don’t like portrait only mode and my only subscription is Auxy. This doesn’t appear to do anything different enough from what I already have for me to invest in it. That being said, I’m sure there’s a market for it.

• edited November 2018

Tize And Glitché have a subscription as well now .

• @grego68 said:
    Tize And Glitché have a subscription as well now .Now i Will check every updates and doesnt allow it if it goes to a monthly or yearly subscription.This silly subscription mode appearred two years ago And now it’s the goose that lays golden eggs for the dev. There is subscription for Eq (goose Eq), subscription for several synths, subscription for a lot of bad video/photo app ...Excepted Netflix and a few apps I will never accept this stupid rent for crappy apps. And if all apps become subscription ´based, I will quit for Android !

I think people are really over-dramatic about subscriptions becoming the norm. How many music apps are subscription now? 4? 6? While about that same number of subscription-free music apps are being released every day.

The problem is really negligible, if you consider it a problem in the first place of course.

• Thanks for these precious feedbacks ! Our App, BLEASS, will be officially available on November 11th.
    Yes, it is in portrait mode for many reasons : it's ideal with an iPhone, but also optimized for live performance. Yet, as we constantly update and improve BLEASS with new features, the landscape mode for iPad is currently under development : we hope to launch this feature very soon!

Also, the subscription model we've chosen for BLEASS is the only way to constantly add new contents (samples and presets packs) as well as new features (FXs, new Instruments...). If we had chosen not to improve BLEASS constantly, then we would have chosen the single time payment.

Feel free to check our new forum to ask for features https://www.bleass.com/community/

• @bleassapp said:
    Thanks for these precious feedbacks ! Our App, BLEASS, will be officially available on November 11th.
    Yes, it is in portrait mode for many reasons : it's ideal with an iPhone, but also optimized for live performance. Yet, as we constantly update and improve BLEASS with new features, the landscape mode for iPad is currently under development : we hope to launch this feature very soon!

Also, the subscription model we've chosen for BLEASS is the only way to constantly add new contents (samples and presets packs) as well as new features (FXs, new Instruments...). If we had chosen not to improve BLEASS constantly, then we would have chosen the single time payment.

Feel free to check our new forum to ask for features https://www.bleass.com/community/

You can add new contents and choose IAP (in app purchase) : you get the money and we don’t have to suscribe and give credit card for each app monthly. I don’t want to be rude by any means but a lot of people dislike subscriptions. You could either do like Wotja , one version with subscription and one other paid in one time for the year or IAP like Gadget...

• @brambos said:

@grego68 said:
    Tize And Glitché have a subscription as well now .Now i Will check every updates and doesnt allow it if it goes to a monthly or yearly subscription.This silly subscription mode appearred two years ago And now it’s the goose that lays golden eggs for the dev. There is subscription for Eq (goose Eq), subscription for several synths, subscription for a lot of bad video/photo app ...Excepted Netflix and a few apps I will never accept this stupid rent for crappy apps. And if all apps become subscription ´based, I will quit for Android !

I think people are really over-dramatic about subscriptions becoming the norm. How many music apps are subscription now? 4? 6? While about that same number of subscription-free music apps are being released every day.

The problem is really negligible, if you consider it a problem in the first place of course.

I think most of the drama queens terrified of the subscription invasion already own more apps than they'll ever use, and even if half the new apps coming go to subs, which doesn't appear close to likely, there would still be more than enough sub-free apps to keep them busy.

This idea of users paying a monthly fee to get constant updates and content makes sense. It's a commitment by the dev and by the user, and may be the best model for getting paid making iOS apps for all I know. Of course, it's not for everyone, but it doesn't need to be. For those open to the model, subscription will only work for apps that deliver. Who is going to pay every month for "crappy" apps?

I don't think BLEASS offers enough for me at this stage of its development, but why attack it for being subscription? If the cost is too high, don't buy it. If it's not landscape, don't buy it. But if enough people do subscribe, maybe someday it'll be an app I want. So I see the app as good news and wish the best to the developer.

• Thanks for the kind words. Stay tuned, BLEASS has more features to come, as well as more tutorials to show all of the extent of BLEASS features. The full list of features is here : https://www.bleass.com/#features

• @bleassapp said:
    Thanks for these precious feedbacks ! Our App, BLEASS, will be officially available on November 11th.

I respect your posting here.

But, that is an oversimplification of the market and how things work.

Otherwise, how are there so many hugely successful apps and developers, from indie to corporate who don't use a sub model?

Best of luck though looks like a decent app.

One I would pay for one time for $8-$15.

But there is not depth of the offerings of the functionality of this app to see the potential value of where such advancements providing such equity. Do not see how such investment advancements could be made when taking into account the yearly total equaling the true cost of the app.

• edited November 2018

@bleassapp said:
    Thanks for the kind words. Stay tuned, BLEASS has more features to come, as well as more tutorials to show all of the extent of BLEASS features. The full list of features is here : https://www.bleass.com/#features

Okay mate, let me put it like this. If you add more than four tracks (at least 24 tracks), I'll give the subscription a shot at least for a month. The four-track limitation makes it a "one-time fee of $9.99" toy app and not worth a recurring fee. Sorry if I'm being hyper critical, but please update it with more tracks as soon as you can so I can subscribe as soon as I can, lol.

And, landscape mode to soon follow, although to be fair, I used Gadget back when it was Portrait-only, so that's not really too big an issue.

• @db909 said:
    I like what I see, subscription aside. I’ll probably try it for a month see how it goes. Definitely like the simplistic look of it

I don't really have any experience with Appstore subscriptions, but I know that other subscription sellers are notorious for being easy to sign on to, and damn near impossible to cancel. Does anybody know how easy it is to 'hop on and hop off' subscriptions in the Appstore?