Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kleverb by Klevgränd

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Hard sell to untalented ears when there are so many variations of this already on the already-purchased shelf.

+1 - already have all that I need of reverbs... in all shapes and colors.

Pass

• And rather expensive.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    And rather expensive.

Yup, true. And I don't blame them at all. They have their own curve of price vs sales, but if it'd been 3.99 would I have bought it already? Yup.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    And rather expensive.

Yup, true. And I don't blame them at all. They have their own curve of price vs sales, but if it'd been 3.99 would I have bought it already? Yup.

Echo that! :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    And rather expensive.

$15 aud is expensive? Lol.

• Its about the same price you pay for lunch at hungry Jack's in Sydney. For a reverb that someone spent months coding...c'mon..

• No, it’s not “expensive.” But most effects in the AU ecosystem are $9.99 full price, so this seems kind of out of whack.

• @99476598326 said:
    Its about the same price you pay for lunch at hungry Jack's in Sydney. For a reverb that someone spent months coding...c'mon..

It’s all a bit lopsided isn’t it?

• @gusgranite said:

@99476598326 said:
    Its about the same price you pay for lunch at hungry Jack's in Sydney. For a reverb that someone spent months coding...c'mon..

It’s all a bit lopsided isn’t it?

Im sorry i dont mean to be a jerk but $15 for something that takes a long time to make with special skillset is not expensive. Im very happy to dish out $15 to keep products like this coming out.

• In the grand scope, this is really a bargain

• Granted$15 is the discounted rate.. It will be more like$25. Still, count me in...

• @99476598326 said:
    In the grand scope, this is really a bargain

You’re not wrong. But there are many reverbs available on iOS, and I can’t think of many that cost more than $6.99, with the notable exception of the Fabfilter.

Meanwhile, do you like it?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@99476598326 said:
    In the grand scope, this is really a bargain

You’re not wrong. But there are many reverbs available on iOS, and I can’t think of many that cost more than $6.99, with the notable exception of the Fabfilter.

Meanwhile, do you like it?

Love it.

• The added ducker is a great idea and works well keeping instrument clear and out of the rain. The ui is beautiful and it's fairly low on cpu for a reverb. It will be my new go to reverb, no pun intended looking at you, gotoeq...

• I'm happy they're backing their confidence in their abilities with a higher price. They've definitely been dedicated to making more 'serious' tools since that Kanvas synth experiment ended (thankfully). Ever since Brusfri I think it was kicked off this era of Klevgrand, everything has been very professional and high-quality.

They've separated themselves from the pack as one of the very few quality iOS-dedicated developers, and the pricing should reflect that. Based on my philosophy anyway. It's their prerogative and I happen to agree with it. Those who won't buy because of the price, that's their prerogative too.

• Haven't experimented on drums yet, but really like it on guitar and synth. It doesn't give the magical feel of Pro-R, but it is more than an acceptable substitute when jamming in ApeMatrix. Personally, the AU lack of reverb is finally filled.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I'm happy they're backing their confidence in their abilities with a higher price. They've definitely been dedicated to making more 'serious' tools since that Kanvas synth experiment ended (thankfully). Ever since Brusfri I think it was kicked off this era of Klevgrand, everything has been very professional and high-quality.

They've separated themselves from the pack as one of the very few quality iOS-dedicated developers, and the pricing should reflect that. Based on my philosophy anyway. It's their prerogative and I happen to agree with it. Those who won't buy because of the price, that's their prerogative too.

Precisely.

And yeah, those canvas synths we're not good. I paid for two of them and almost immediately deleted them. I'm glad they've come back with these high quality effects. Degrader and GotoEQ are fantastic tools.

• edited November 2018

Most AU reverb quite frankly suck, so this is potentially a really welcome addition to the arsenal. The only other AU reverb that is usable IMO is the Virsyn one, the Audio Damage and DDMF reverbs are awful to my ears, really metallic and unpleasant sounding.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I find it funny people complain about the price when it’s literally 50% off for two more weeks and will undoubtedly be for sale multiple times again in the next year. The sale price is well beyond reasonable for what it is.

• It’s great :) well happy :) well skint :) well worth being skint for :)

• @richardyot said:
    Most AU reverb quite frankly suck, so this is potentially a really welcome addition to the arsenal. The only other AU reverb that is usable IMO is the Virsyn one, the Audio Damage and DDMF reverbs are awful to my ears, really metallic and unpleasant sounding.

i agree. eos adverb and virsyn verbs are unusable for me as well. very unpleassant verbs.

• This is one of the best demos of Kleverb so far...

• after a thorough test all i can say is this is the best reverb on ios, and its really not close for me. very high quality.

• (Sorry if I repeated some points. I skimmed the thread and need to quickly get out my thoughts...)

"We must always be supportive of our devs. I'm sure we can pay higher prices for our professional kit, right everybody? :smiley: "

"They want $10 USD for the sale price and $20 for full?!? :confounded: Wah wah, it's too expensive! We were supposed to only pay $0.99 like we used to before IAA! Oh, muh first world problems! I might have to skip Starbucks for a week! :disappointed: Life is so unfair!"

Bloody hypocrites. :lol: Okay, so questions...

1. Is Kleverb the same price as Pro-R?
    2. Is Kleverb a subscription price?
    3. Is Klevgrand forcing you to purchase their products?

Thing is, you don't have to purchase it. We all have a free choice. In my opinion, the higher prices fairly represent the higher amount of development hours put into what seems to be one of the two best-sounding reverbs on iOS (the other being EOS2, with the latter using more processing power). This is not a cheap shitty-sounding "nickle and dime" low-quality reverb concocted in SynthEdit. Kleverb can satisfy all of my usual reverb needs as well as subtly widen vocals. That latter feature is worth the price alone for me.

There ARE fair arguments against purchasing Kleverb however. Once again, the app is not universal, meaning iPhone users/hybrid users (on iPhone and iPad) get the shaft. Also, the appstore does have plenty of other reverb options of acceptable quality in case you feel you have enough.

Then again, Kleverb does use less processing power than EOS2 without sounding any less powerful. Also, when it comes to ambient music and other genres where spatialisation is a key feature (or even Trance music), having a full palette of reverbs is equally as important as your palette of found sounds.

• Lol, yah cultures often express a range of opinions and can seem contradictory if you generalise them. I assume you are not calling specific individuals hypocritical? ;)

• Here is question that has often perplexed me - why do reverbs cost so much? I'm not singling this one out at all. But, it seems that good reverbs tend to cost more than other effects. They often cost more than fully featured synths here on ios (eg. D-1). Why is this? Do they require more work? Do effects take as much work and research as putting together a synth? This is not to say that they cost alot, i'm speaking relatively here and this is not a bitching about price post.

• @kinkujin said:
    Here is question that has often perplexed me - why do reverbs cost so much? I'm not singling this one out at all. But, it seems that good reverbs tend to cost more than other effects. They often cost more than fully featured synths here on ios (eg. D-1). Why is this? Do they require more work? Do effects take as much work and research as putting together a synth? This is not to say that they cost alot, i'm speaking relatively here and this is not a bitching about price post.

I’ll hazard that there is a fair amount of coding that goes into trying to make a believable space and all the algorithms that go into that, as well as being able to make that adjustable and so on. Users are picky about this effect, perhaps more so than a synth filter. Just a guess - I also wonder the same thing.

• edited November 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    (Sorry if I repeated some points. I skimmed the thread and need to quickly get out my thoughts...)

"We must always be supportive of our devs. I'm sure we can pay higher prices for our professional kit, right everybody? :smiley: "

"They want $10 USD for the sale price and $20 for full?!? :confounded: Wah wah, it's too expensive! We were supposed to only pay $0.99 like we used to before IAA! Oh, muh first world problems! I might have to skip Starbucks for a week! :disappointed: Life is so unfair!"

This is the crux of the argument, and it took me a while to understand. The personal attack on people who who want things for a bargain, and the weird shaming of somebody who spends money how he likes — the dreaded Starbucks!
    I get it.

The idea is that if everybody pays as much as possible — apparently there are even the virtuous who skip sales so they can pay full price! — then the developers make more money, which draws more developers to iOS, which means more and higher-quality things to buy.

So in this argument, if you're a bargain hunter, you're not pulling your weight. You're the reason we can't have nice things on the iPad.

It's kind of a weird situation. I'm not sure what the solution is.

But it's kind of bratty to have opinions on how other people should spend their money.

• edited November 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    (Sorry if I repeated some points. I skimmed the thread and need to quickly get out my thoughts...)

This is the crux of the argument, and it took me a while to understand. The personal attack on people who who want things for a bargain, and the weird shaming of somebody who spends money how he likes — the dreaded Starbucks!
    I get it.

The idea is that if everybody pays as much as possible — apparently there are even the virtuous who skip sales so they can pay full price! — then the developers make more money, which draws more developers to iOS, which means more and higher-quality things to buy.

So in this argument, if you're a bargain hunter, you're not pulling your weight. You're the reason we can't have nice things on the iPad.

It's kind of a weird situation. I'm not sure what the solution is.

But it's kind of bratty to have opinions on how other people should spend their money.

(Crazy mode engaged)

To me this reverb at this price is about 1/3 of the price of the Fab Reverb when it eventually comes out. So I may get x amount of time out of this until then, which typically on iOS for me though means a placeholder reverb that I would just be discarding before mixing dry ios bounces on desktop anyway. The Fab Filters on iOS bring forward a potential 'all on iOS' scenario for me or at least increase the potential ratio of increasing iOS over desktop time... maybe, but that could be a weird process. Lord knows I won't be able to spend Fab VST prices... so hum/haw etc... do I want a nicer placeholder...? mmm, at this price, yah maybe, as I don't know if I would be exporting Fab Reverb to desktop. The Fab Reverb could kind of psychologically compel me to spend too much time on the iOS phase though and not mix on desktop (though desktop is probably still be better for me!) But then the Fab Reverb will likely be better than my dekstop reverb (Toneboosters Reverb4) so... maybe this one is a good idea as not to mindscrew me with a better iOS than desktop reverb, if you follow my scattered logic... maybe I shoudl get this one on IOS and desktop to eliminate that disconnect that happens when dumping my placeholder on iOS and then mixing on desktop... now that sounds like it may work well, assuming this is a swell reverb... probably will get it then at this price just as a test.

So yah, no agenda, no manifesto, no social justice statement in defense of marginalized devs, just an ever shifting 'how the hell am I spending my money and why', internal silly dialogue.

Anyway, that's my consumer story, judge away AB forum social scientists! :)