Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

November Sound Fest (Digital D1)

edited November 2018 in Creations

please send presets to myself or post a link on here.

Hoping to get at least around 100.

Will finish up sometime end of November start of December.

Best way is probably to save your sounds into a folder and export that folder to Dropbox to make a link, or send it to myself.

Any problems with the app or sending sounds, post here and either myself, one of the top notch sound designers or one of the devs will be able to help.

Have fun making sounds :)

Comments

• Thought something like this too.
    Cool that you want to take the administration part! Thanks in advanced. I am in ;)

• @david_2017 said:
    Thought something like this too.
    Cool that you want to take the administration part! Thanks in advanced. I am in ;)

If we get at least four of us who want to do it, it will be worth it (presuming 25 patches each). It’s really easy to program :)

• I'll also try to contribute. I already played around with its super lovely presets and dreamed away with its pads.

But i didn't have the time yet to fiddle, so i don't know if 'it clicks for me' as with Ripplemaker, where i still add new presets every other day :)

• I’m all in.

• @_ki said:
    I'll also try to contribute. I already played around with its super lovely presets and dreamed away with its pads.

But i didn't have the time yet to fiddle, so i don't know if 'it clicks for me' as with Ripplemaker, where i still add new presets every other day :)

Yeah, one hell of a bank made for that one. Looking forward to the final pack. Really showed what was possible and sure it will help give a great choice of presets for those that avoid it because they don’t like rolling their own :)

• @brice said:
    I’m all in.

Cool. With your talents onboard, it’s bound to have some cool sounds :)

• I'm in. Don't know that I could come up with 25 quality patches but would contribute some.

• I’m just editing a D1 sound design vid, I can send you the sound I made in that and prob some more. Need to actually make some music instead of just sounds at some point though

• @espiegel123 said:
    I'm in. Don't know that I could come up with 25 quality patches but would contribute some.

Any amount are more than welcome :)

@RedSkyLullaby said:
    I’m just editing a D1 sound design vid, I can send you the sound I made in that and prob some more. Need to actually make some music instead of just sounds at some point though

‘Send them and they will come’.....O.K, so that film saying doesn’t really work here, but send them anyway :D

• May have to hold off on this idea.

Have just updated and now one of my own patches does not work properly anymore.

• Have reloaded D1 and reloaded my save file and the sound is mostly gone. I have checked all level and playing ranges and all looks fine, but hardly any volume to the sound and some of its missing

• We're working on the issue affecting the patches. It will be fixed by the end of the week.

Would also love to see @gmslayton contribute patches to this patch-a-thon!

• @analog_matt I think I can make some more.

• edited October 2018

@analog_matt said:
    We're working on the issue affecting the patches. It will be fixed by the end of the week.

Would also love to see @gmslayton contribute patches to this patch-a-thon!

I tried to share a preset I made, and saved to Dropbox, with a friend and D1 isn’t showing up as an Open In destination. The extension is .D1.json

Edit: Removing .json from the file name still doesn’t allow me to open in D1

• edited October 2018

@_mwallace hmmm. That's interesting. It definitely needs the json suffix. That sounds like it might be a glitch in Apple's file system.

One thing to check is that the d1 should be lowercase. Here's an example of a proper preset file name:

Sometimes in drop box, I have to delete and re-copy files for apps to recognize them as a file they can open.

Maybe he could copy the file to his iCloud and try to import from that?

Edit: If that doesn't work, please try dropping the .d1, example:
    yourpresetname.json

Curious if that works better?

• @Fruitbat1919 Pushing a fix for that issue right now. Now we just have to wait for apple to approve it. ⌚️

• @analog_matt said:
    @Fruitbat1919 Pushing a fix for that issue right now. Now we just have to wait for apple to approve it. ⌚️

Cool :)

• @analog_matt said:
    One thing to check is that the d1 should be lowercase.

My bad.. the D1 was lowercase.

Sometimes in drop box, I have to delete and re-copy files for apps to recognize them as a file they can open.

Tried both copy to Dropbox and save to Dropbox options. The files uploaded but failed to show D1 when I export and open in. Deleted and added them to Dropbox again several times.. same result.

Saved to iCloud and it only had the d1 extension, no json. Still no luck, even after changing the extension to json. I checked the ‘more’ list to see if D1 needed a toggle switched on.. wasn’t there.

yourpresetname.json

Tried that. As of now I have had no luck sharing or loading. D1 does not show in my list of open in apps. Very strange.

• @_mwallace said:

@analog_matt said:
    One thing to check is that the d1 should be lowercase.

My bad.. the D1 was lowercase.

Tried both copy to Dropbox and save to Dropbox options. The files uploaded but failed to show D1 when I export and open in. Deleted and added them to Dropbox again several times.. same result.

Saved to iCloud and it only had the d1 extension, no json. Still no luck, even after changing the extension to json. I checked the ‘more’ list to see if D1 needed a toggle switched on.. wasn’t there.

yourpresetname.json

Tried that. As of now I have had no luck sharing or loading. D1 does not show in my list of open in apps. Very strange.

I’m curious, have you tried the “import” option located in the bottom right of the preset browser panel?

• Audio kit synth one had a hidden menu that @jakoB_haQ showed us....has one been discovered in d1 yet???

• @brice said:
    I’m curious, have you tried the “import” option located in the bottom right of the preset browser panel?

Wow, I totally missed that button! Works perfectly. Thanks Brice!

• You’re welcome!

• What kinda sample files can you import into d1 to create new presets / sounds ...or is that not how it works 😂

• edited November 2018

@reasOne - the "Import" button imports D1 presets and banks that you (or other people) make. That way you can share presets with others/bandmates/etc

• please send presets to myself or post a link on here.

Hoping to get at least around 100.

Will finish up sometime end of November start of December.

Best way is probably to save your sounds into a folder and export that folder to Dropbox to make a link, or send it to myself.

Any problems with the app or sending sounds, post here and either myself, one of the top notch sound designers or one of the devs will be able to help.

Have fun making sounds :)

• Really excited to hear everyone's presets!

🔥

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo1hdmi3fw0w6y2/Fruitbat1919.bank.json?dl=0

My first 6. These are likely to be tweaked and changed a tad before the final pack, but thought I’d get the ball rolling :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo1hdmi3fw0w6y2/Fruitbat1919.bank.json?dl=0

My first 6. These are likely to be tweaked and changed a tad before the final pack, but thought I’d get the ball rolling :)

Nice...I really like #5. Plays like a fancy Mellotron!

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cr3o20zvd1j9qz/TAD.bank.json?dl=0

Here are a few presets I created today while my kiddos played at Chick-fil-a.

• @gmslayton said:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4cr3o20zvd1j9qz/TAD.bank.json?dl=0

Here are a few presets I created today while my kiddos played at Chick-fil-a.

Thanks Love Chickenbasd :)