Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who’s using Roli Blocks with other apps?

I have a Roli Lightpad and a Loop Block in for testing/review. It’s not very intuitive to set up, but I’m getting there. I’m pleasantly surprised that it works out of the box with GarageBand for iPad, and even maps to the drum sequencer.

My question, how well does it work as a midi controller? And if you set it up to work as, say, a set of midi sliders for AUM, do you lose the other factory modules? Any tips on this would be very useful.

Comments

• Make sure each units firmware is completely updated and if you can, get the desktop software to manage the program it’s running. Other than testing out an ableton control program, I haven’t attempted to use it as anything other than a playable surface. But it works great with a number of MPE based synths on iOS and Mac. Fxpansion’s new MPE updates to Cypher and Strobe have really opened up the possibilities for me.