Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apps that support state-saving

Hi guys,

We're going to add badges to apps that support state saving and we might make searching for them easier too but in the mean time here's a list (which I'm going to keep updated) of apps that support state saving. More to come.

Feel free to reply with any other ones that I've missed.

Comments

• MultiTrack DAW 3.4 seems to support it as well - see here for the announcement: http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1986

• iVCS3 next to update soon

• @NilsWinkler said:

MultiTrack DAW 3.4 seems to support it as well - see here for the announcement: http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1986

Ah, nice. I didn't know for sure if Hamilton had added it or not.

• @Sinapsya said:

iVCS3 next to update soon

Yep, but the update with State Saving isn't live yet.

• Nice starter list. There are two apps, close to the AB creators, I'm surprised to not see on it.

• And where is Samplr? Overdue for an update!

• The list is a great idea, thanks!

• @Sebastian We are weating for your release because we aren't beta testers and don't try personally if all is ok :-)

• Added JamUP and JamUP Pro.

• iSEM just updated with Audiobus 2.0 sdk, that means state saving right?

• Just saw it's on the list already ;)

• DM-1, both versions, had "AudioBus2" in the update info in the March 13th update. No clue if that also means state saving though

• The list is a great idea but it saddens me not to see sunrizer on it.

• @ChrisG said:

DM-1, both versions, had "AudioBus2" in the update info in the March 13th update. No clue if that also means state saving though

Guessing it was just a reference to the SDK

• Sliver will support it also with update 1.01 almost done with it.

• Need to see a LOT more apps added to this list - NLog MIDI Synth, guitarism & Remaster are all I have from the list. Do we need to start e-mailing devs to get this ball rolling?

• @Brain said:

Need to see a LOT more apps added to this list - NLog MIDI Synth, guitarism & Remaster are all I have from the list. Do we need to start e-mailing devs to get this ball rolling?

Maybe you just need to buy more of these apps!

• Just so you all know, the AB2 SDK has not been publicly released to all developers yet. Don't go complaining to every dev until it is!

• Good info @sonosaurus, but you know people like to complain.

• @distraub Will this new version also have the gating/ADSR to allow Sliver to be more of an instrument? :-) ....I'm hoping.... :-)

• edited April 2014

Final touch should go live today, too.

• Added DM1.

• I'm happy to say tha iVCS3 works good :-)

• @Sinapsya said:

I'm happy to say tha iVCS3 works good :-)

Does it save state information?

• edited April 2014

@Sebastian Yes!
    I think this days we submit to apple the update :-)

• You need to add Sliver

• @Zymos said:

@Brain said:

Need to see a LOT more apps added to this list - NLog MIDI Synth, guitarism & Remaster are all I have from the list. Do we need to start e-mailing devs to get this ball rolling?

Maybe you just need to buy more of these apps!

Considering that most of of the apps are for iPad (there it is again), it's a moot point. Of the four I can use, guitarism was icksnayed in favor of iFretless Guitar - and it is not there yet.

• Is there a way to see in AB2 if an app supports state saving?

Would be very useful when saving a preset to make sure that everything is actually stored.

• edited April 2014

It'll show a message during the saving process when the app in question supports state saving.

Also we've added a badge to the app listing to show which apps support it. We're definitely going to keep improving this.

• @Sebastian said:

It'll show a message during the saving process when the app in question supports state saving.

Also we've added a badge to the app listing to show which apps support it. We're definitely going to keep improving this.

I can't see any badge ? Is this in a future update ?