Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

komplete kontrol a25 ipad

Hello fellow IosIans

I have a thought... would the A25 work with an ipad? with the camera thingy and a powered hub? Considering that's native instruments i doubt it, but we never know...

Comments

• Hello partners

Watch this video where you will see how it is connected ... I hope it is your help.

You will have to use an Apple adapter and a USB cable with Midi.

P.D: I imagine that the different versions and models of Komplete Kontrol ... will be valid as Midi controllers ... together with your iPad.

Greetings to Tod @ s

• Thank you! but.. the A series doesn't have midi :/

• edited October 2018

@BeatsByWIND said:
    Thank you! but.. the A series doesn't have midi :/

No Midi ?!?

How do you think this keyboard will communicate with all the NI Stuff?
    Kontrol A can control Logic ProX,Ableton Live, Garage Band, Cubase, Nuendo...

So I think no problem with the iPad. 😎

I use a Kontrol S. Everything works also with an iPad!

I think the main differences to the Kontrol S series are no displays, a different keyboard and no 5-pin Midi ports.

• edited October 2018

i mean no phisical midi ports
    it looked like he was using the midi ports in the video
    so the S works with the ipad via usb? fuck yeaah :D

• Thank you! but.. the A series doesn't have midi :/

Hello again ... partner,

You can check the following data ... what's on your Komplete Kontrol A25

You can appreciate the USB / MIDI port that your Komplete Kontrol A25 carries ... Yes?

Then from that output of your Komplete Kontrol A25 you connect the USB / MIDI cable directly to the Apple Adapter ... you know those adapters that I'm referring to ... maybe you need help from them?

Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A25 Features:
    Smart, streamlined keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments and effects
    Affordable entry point into the NI world
    Best-in-class, semi-weighted custom NI keybed
    Informative OLED display for at-a-glance navigation
    8 touch-sensitive control knobs
    Ergonomic pitch and mod wheels
    Quad-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
    Tag-based preset browsing via the Komplete Kontrol Software lets you find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
    Smart Play lets you stay in key with over 100 scales and modes, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
    Pre-mapped control of Komplete instruments and effects plus hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) plug-ins from top manufacturers via Komplete Kontrol Software
    Full VST and VSTi FX support
    Deep integration with Maschine software
    TRS pedal input, assignable to sustain or expression
    USB 2.0 bus powered; MIDI over USB
    Includes comprehensive collection of Komplete Instruments & Effects, Komplete Kontrol Software, and Maschine Essentials (full Maschine software plus 1.6GB Maschine factory selection)

• @calardelasanta said:

Hello again ... partner,

You can appreciate the USB / MIDI port that your Komplete Kontrol A25 carries ... Yes?

Then from that output of your Komplete Kontrol A25 you connect the USB / MIDI cable directly to the Apple Adapter ... you know those adapters that I'm referring to ... maybe you need help from them?

Smart, streamlined keyboard controller for all your virtual instruments and effects
    Quad-directional push encoder for one-handed sound browsing and project navigation
    Tag-based preset browsing via the Komplete Kontrol Software lets you find sounds quickly and hear instant previews
    Smart Play lets you stay in key with over 100 scales and modes, play chord progressions and arpeggios with single keys, or map any scale to white keys only
    Pre-mapped control of Komplete instruments and effects plus hundreds of Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) plug-ins from top manufacturers via Komplete Kontrol Software
    Includes comprehensive collection of Komplete Instruments & Effects, Komplete Kontrol Software, and Maschine Essentials (full Maschine software plus 1.6GB Maschine factory selection)

"i mean no phisical midi ports
    it looked like he was using the midi ports in the video" the video on the first response

I know how to connect things... i also know that a midi keyboard as midi but i also know that maschine for example doesn't work with the ipad... do you get what im saying?

I just want to know if the A series keyboard is compatible with the ipad, considering native instruments ways

• @BeatsByWIND said:

@calardelasanta said:

Hello again ... partner,

it looked like he was using the midi ports in the video" the video on the first response

I know how to connect things... i also know that a midi keyboard as midi but i also know that maschine for example doesn't work with the ipad... do you get what im saying?

I just want to know if the A series keyboard is compatible with the ipad, considering native instruments ways

I’ve had no issues with my S61 connected to my iPad with the standard CCK. When it’s not connected / tethered to the desktop and their Komplete Kontrol software it functions as a normal MIDI controller. You just don’t get all of the bells and whistles the software provides like the arp, chord and key mode etc. I can’t image any of this is different with the A Series.

• @brice said:

@BeatsByWIND said:

@calardelasanta said:

Hello again ... partner,

I’ve had no issues with my S61 connected to my iPad with the standard CCK. When it’s not connected / tethered to the desktop and their Komplete Kontrol software it functions as a normal MIDI controller. You just don’t get all of the bells and whistles the software provides like the arp, chord and key mode etc. I can’t image any of this is different with the A Series.

Thank you Brice!

• @BeatsByWIND said:

@brice said:

@BeatsByWIND said:

@calardelasanta said:

Hello again ... partner,

Thank you Brice!

You bet. If you end up getting an A Series do report back with your experiences with it overall. I’m interested in replacing my aging S61, but I’m not yet sure the A Series is the way to go.

• @brice said:

@BeatsByWIND said:

@brice said:

@BeatsByWIND said:

@calardelasanta said:

Hello again ... partner,

Thank you Brice!

You bet. If you end up getting an A Series do report back with your experiences with it overall. I’m interested in replacing my aging S61, but I’m not yet sure the A Series is the way to go.

It works like a charm :)

• edited December 2018

Cool!
    I tried an A61 today in a store and I REALLY like the keyboard action!
    Do the encoders work like they should on the iPad?

• @kagamul said:
    Cool!
    I tried an A61 today in a store and I REALLY like the keyboard action!
    Do the encoders work like they should on the iPad?

I only tried no BM3 and it worked like it should

• @calardelasanta said:
    Hello partners

Watch this video where you will see how it is connected ... I hope it is your help.

You will have to use an Apple adapter and a USB cable with Midi.

P.D: I imagine that the different versions and models of Komplete Kontrol ... will be valid as Midi controllers ... together with your iPad.

Greetings to Tod @ s

I speak only english

• edited July 2022

I recently had a ni kk A49 connected to my iPad - worked well. But none of the knobs “work” afaik. Except for the pitch and mod wheels and octave buttons (which light up). So can drive/trIgger synths etc on the iPad. Nice keyboard. And required a powered hub for camera connection kit (cck) as got usual error message ( … not enough power…etc ) on iPad if connecting without one.