Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let's give a shout out to your instrument of choice, or two mine is Guitar 1st, equally important

edited October 2018 in Other

keyboards 2nc (which includes drum sounds for me)
All ye that frequent this forums....how many of you are there on your perspective instruments?

Comments

• edited October 2018

I was first in a band as a singer. And vocals are the only role I've always had in groups.

So on top of singing, I've played live on:
    Guitar, Bass/upright bass, Accordion, Keys, Mandolin, Banjo, Cello, Drums

Basically in that order of ability and frequency. I've recorded on a half dozen other instruments that I couldnt improvise on well.

I am definitely more of a multi-instrumentalist than a master of any one. It is nice to be able to play many parts on a track that others i'm working with arent, but I sometimes wonder how good I'd be if I'd stuck with keys, guitar, or bass.

• 01000010 01001101 00110011

• Im learning Guitar and keys since a year now. Give like 6 more and im gonna become a decent guitarplayer ( i hope) keys are second, snd not as important as the Guitar for me, Even tho keyboard can emulate a lot of Instruments, nothing beats the feeling of plsying a accustic instrument.

• @AudioGus said:
    01000010 01001101 00110011

:wink: 👍

• @gusgranite said:

@AudioGus said:
    01000010 01001101 00110011

:wink: 👍

Wait are you saying you are a programmer not a musician or that you don’t have an instrument , yet you program music ? Some clarity please . I can’t decipher your code man ..,,:)

• He’s saying BM3 is his instrument 🙂

• dwindling classical guitar playing now and then, tho i do keep my nails longish in case. learning the keyboard for the last year. doesn't have cuddly factor of my 7/8 classical but it floats my boat with all the different sounds i can get with apps

• edited October 2018

@u0421793 said:

And you play that thing on an iPad huh ? Is that the Jew harp 12.0 ? I hear it can twang in reverse now

• edited October 2018

I think we need a bigger slice of the total demographic , not one traditional keyboardist yet ! ?
    I guess it would be very ironic if we were all guitar players . I guess they don’t call it keyboard center instead of guitar center , for a reason ...lol

• Started with drums... my most proficient musical skill

Learned a little trumpet

Added piano

Went to college and learned the basics for every instrument in the orchestra so I could teach them. Taught them for a few years.

Bought a Roland and learned basics sound design/synthesis and played in bands.

Bought an alto sax and violin

Added Guitar(s) to become a better songwriter

Bought a Petrof Concert Grand Piano to unwind from work stress (I went back to college and added a Computer Engineering degree to make decent money).

Spent most of my free time now with a Casio PX-560 connected to an iPad using headphones and playing guitars into Tone Stack.

That's about 60 years of "playing" with instruments.

I'm thankful there's still so much more to learn and people who inspire me to want to add new skills and improve those I already have mastered.

• @McDtracy said:
    Started with drums... my most proficient musical skill

Learned a little trumpet

Added piano

Went to college and learned the basics for every instrument in the orchestra so I could teach them. Taught them for a few years.

Bought a Petrof Concert Grand Piano to unwind from work stress (I went back to college and added a Computer Engineering degree to make decent money).

Spent most of my free time now with a Casio PX-560 connected to an iPad using headphones and playing guitars into Tone Stack.

I'm thankful there's still so much more to learn and people who inspire me to want to add new skills and improve those I already have mastered.

You lived a good life so far 😵

• I am most proficient on the guitar. Another way of saying this is "I suck the least at the guitar".

My first music lessons were on the piano. I can play the keys decently enough that past attempts at using MIDI guitar were a waste of time and money - could not justify the continued effort to make MIDI guitar a part of my life when it was always so much easier to just play the damn keys. I do acknowledge that some players have some some amazing things with MIDI guitar.

My third instrument is electric violin. First I got a fretless Sustainer guitar, which was fun but somehow unsatisfying. Then I briefly took a class in Hindustani singing. One of the teachers also played violin - Hindustani style. She encouraged me to give bowed strings a try. I'm still pretty awful at violin but I manage to chip away a little more of the suck with each passing year.

• Vocals, for the noise of the words and for what they can be made to mean.

• Guitar, bass, mandolin, two fingered keyboard playing and devices that make weird noises.

• edited October 2018

Electric bass/Double bass. Earned my living for a decently long time as a session bassist. I still have a website advertising my session music services up here:
    https://oscarsouth.com/

@u0421793 said:
    ** Jews Harp Picture **

This is actually my wife's instrument, which she's played since she was a child and has toured the world as a performer of! (I think you may have participated or at least observed in a thread related to our joint work before, so you probably already know this).

You (the proverbial 'you') can see her rocking the shit out of it (as well as various articles discussing the process of doing so) here:
    https://UDAGANuniverse.com

• Drums, then piano as well as vocals.. Rap and some scat also..

• @Telstar5 said:
    Drums, then piano as well as vocals.. Rap and some scat also..

I heard the German's are really into Skat, on South Park. Oh...that's a different kind of skat….lol.
    Hey, bro, I've been meaning to call you but I thought I saved your number and can't seem to find it. Can you text me or something so I have it? BTW folks, Telstar5 is a talented Jazz Musician AND Comedian. Anyone on here from Circ de Sole? any of the other arts?

• edited October 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Started with drums... my most proficient musical skill

Learned a little trumpet

Added piano

Wow...you found a lifelong passion and tried the whole buffet. How are the French fries? j/K. So it's a sign of the times, that after all of those instruments, you ended up on the two most recent inventions of musical instruments with the shortest history, but probably have had the most prolific impact on society, the synth and the electric guitar. Those poor people in our past without batteries and electricity couldn't even imagine what music of the future would be like and the future is NOW! Congrats on 60 years of music making/playing thus far. I'm only on 37 years. I hope I live long enough to ring the 60 year bell!

• Started on piano, most proficient on guitar but enjoy drums the most. I was denied a set of drums for the first 18 years of my life when it was what I wanted to play the most, so I am making up for lost time.

• edited October 2018

Keyboards are #1, which is ridiculous how many things that really includes.

Drums are #2, which I pretty much haven’t been doing a whole lot since 2012. I started on drums. I also have done hand drums.

I’ve dabbled with other things. I also play iPad if you can believe it.

• I"m really surprised there aren't more keyboardist shouting out.

• My first college roommate ruined me with his acoustic guitar lying around. Otherwise I would have stuck to keyboard.

• Artiphon.

• I love Fender P-Bass as played during the Motown days, but entirely fail to perform :|
    2 (very) different acoustic guitars and a Telecaster do it for me.
    Can't do keyboards for a left hand sports injury, so I'm a happy tapper on the tablet's surface.

• edited October 2018

Started with a recorder in early school, then nothing for years apart from messing around with an amiga and some trackers.
    In my late teens/early twenties started with a guitar, played this for many years, although i am only average.
    Then learned keys, again just average, and Bass guitar....then came software......and a BassStation which led me to get into synth programming and sequencing in a big way.
    Along came rockband and I learned to play basic drums.
    I rarely touch the guitar and Bass these days, I still enjoy playing them when i do, and I feel most comfortable when doing so, but I do play with keys and buttons a lot more !

• Electricguitar
    Harp/Harmonica (but only when Mrs Chasteen isn't around. In her words, "That damn thing is undoubtedly the devil's instrument. The accordion has nothing on it!")

• Started on guitar, but became a career bassist in college. After that, I taught myself keyboards/piano/organ, drums and harmonica. I can also play various percussion instruments fairly competently (congas, bongos, tambourine, shekere, udu, djembe, doubek, etc.).

I find that while I can usually make some sort of consonant sound with most instruments I'm handed, I definitely feel most comfortable on bass, then guitar, then keys.

• edited October 2018

Hohner black dot b/c accordion, but because I live in an apartment now and care about my neighbours, Yamaha digital piano.