Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 2 is launching on Thursday, April 3rd 2014

Comments

• Awesome!

• Good, tomorrow morning with my coffè :-)

• Everybody sync their clocks. Not the midi ones, they're too drunk.

• 11hours....binary....that's in 3 hours then? :)

• @thinds you had me there for a sec mate :)

@Sebastian but I want to waste time at work with this wonderful new app!!

• Forgive my ignorance, but will AudioBus 2 be a paid new app, or IAAF ?
    Will pay regardless btw ;)

• It'll be an in-app purchase. (poor wording on my part)

• AB2 with state saving is a free update. Multi routing is an IAP.

• Yawn

Early bed time folks, tomorrow is going to be a long day of fun =) o_0 :-}

5 hours left!

• @Hmtx said:

Yawn

Early bed time folks, tomorrow is going to be a long day of fun =) o_0 :-}

5 hours left!

Speak for yourself, I'm up and running with a a bottle of Jamesons... ;)

• 1 hour to go in OZ... :)

• The update just appeared on my ipad here in the uk, but not on my iphone!!

• American East Coast Activate!

• I d/l it and purchased the IAP a few minutes ago. $4.99.

• Crashing on mini retina even after reboot. I have 7G and no other apps open.

• Just updated and bought the in-app purchase. Does nothing but crash at the startup screen. I'm on ipad 3 iOS 7.

• Was crashing for my girlfriend and I. Try uninstall and reinstall. Worked for both of us.

• Reinstalled and not crashing now.

• Had the same issue after purchasing IAP; the app crashed during the purchase and won't re-open. I was able to launch fine after uninstalling and reinstalling, and AB recognized that I had purchased the IAP. So reinstalling seems to do the trick.

• Working after reinstall.

• Same here, had to re install and restore purchase to stop crashing.

• Same here delete and reinstall fixes it

• At last! Thank you

• Crashed on my iPhone 5 on launch - as with everyone else, delete/reinstall fixes it. Given this, I'm just going to delete the app on my iPad before even updating from the app store.

Thank you AB Team! I'm going to put this through its paces with my iConnectMIDI2+ and DAWs. Now pass that bottle of 5-Hour Energy.

• Working after reinstall. IPad Air.

Also had a weird problem with FX apps, where the internal mic was being activated automatically in each case and wouldn't shut off even after an app was added into the input slot. There was already the speaker activated as output and it didn't stop even when I swapped that out for Multitrack DAW. This seemed to fix itself after some fiddling around, though, and is no longer happening, so I'm not sure if it was a case of the order I was adding apps in, but it certainly didn't happen before the update.

Like I said, though, all is well now and I've tested a few configurations. Just wondering if anyone else encounters this.

• Updated and purchased. Deleted and reinstalled. iPad and iPhone. Excited about the multi-routing I am.

• Same process here, and up and working now. Thanks to the developers for a great update at a very reasonable price!

• edited April 2014

Audiobus 1 USERS: If you get a crash after purchasing the IAP, follow these steps exactly, direct from Mike and Sebastian.

***IMPORTANT FOR EXISTING Version 1 USERS: If you're encountering a crash when purchasing the In-App Purchase, please delete the Audiobus app, reboot your iDevice and then install it freshly again. You won't be charged twice. We're submitting a bug fix right now. ***

• edited April 2014

Just connected Animoog with AUFX space & dub :-)) . This is pure fun!!!

Thank you AB team.

Edit: A small recommendation for future update. An ability to switch place among effects. so I'll be able to change Space->Dub to Dub->Space etc...

• Same here, with an iPad4 so far: updated, IAP, crash, reboot, crash, deleted Audiobus and reinstalled, now all is fine, checked some setups, and all working. @MichaelRGrant: no such input-problem found yet. If I have an Effect in the loop, and then eject it, the sound goes, nothing audible anymore, even though the Animation suggests otherwise... .
    Thanks for the great update, I'm a happy juggler for now.