Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Damn I’m a sucker for a new release sale price even though I still have the pre release lol

• Can anyone tell me how to load my own samples into the user library? I'm assuming that this is possible - otherwise, why have a user library? I see the export to Audioshare, but don't see the import from...

• edited October 2018

@ALB said:
    Can anyone tell me how to load my own samples into the user library? I'm assuming that this is possible - otherwise, why have a user library? I see the export to Audioshare, but don't see the import from...

Export your sample from AudioShare and put it in the Loopesque 8 folder that’s in the Files app. They’ll show up in the user library.

• @ALB said:
    Can anyone tell me how to load my own samples into the user library? I'm assuming that this is possible - otherwise, why have a user library? I see the export to Audioshare, but don't see the import from...

?

• does the compressor have a side chain?

• when they say 'Bit Slicer' do they mean Beat slicer?

• @kobamoto said:

Would be nice to know a bit more than what's in that vid lol

• @skiphunt said:

@ALB said:

Export your sample from AudioShare and put it in the Loopesque 8 folder that’s in the Files app. They’ll show up in the user library.

Thanks!

• I miss a Loopseque mini version, like the previous one.

• I can try to sum it up as:

Two projects played simultaneously on a DJ style deck.
    Each Project consists of 4 circular play discs that can have up to 4 different samples in each.
    Each disc can be manipulated in many ways as a whole (Repeater, Delay, Filter, Reverb).and each one can be sent to an individual output in AudioBus or AUM for further processing. You can have 16 variations of each disc. You can ‘slice’ each loop down from 16 notes to one note and you vary the rotation speed of each disc in relation to the master BPM.
    Each note can be varied in Pitch, Modulation, Velocity and Panorama. You can copy and paste between discs. You can manipulate one project and get it ready while the other is playing.
    You can load, reverse, modulate and vary the length of your own samples.

Think that’s about it really. It may not sound like a vast range of control, but it’s surprising what you can get out of it if you put in the effort. Having multiple outputs makes it quite usable. At the end of the day, it’s quite fun :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I can try to sum it up as:

Each Project consists of 4 circular play discs that can have up to 4 different samples in each.
    Each disc can be manipulated in many ways as a whole (Repeater, Delay, Filter, Reverb).and each one can be sent to an individual output in AudioBus or AUM for further processing. You can have 16 variations of each disc. You can ‘slice’ each loop down from 16 notes to one note and you vary the rotation speed of each disc in relation to the master BPM.
    Each note can be varied in Pitch, Modulation, Velocity and Panorama. You can copy and paste between discs. You can manipulate one project and get it ready while the other is playing.

Think that’s about it really. It may not sound like a vast range of control, but it’s surprising what you can get out of it if you put in the effort. Having multiple outputs makes it quite usable. At the end of the day, it’s quite fun :)

Sounds good. Waiting with baited breath.

• Poo, I’ve looked this up earlier on on my Android phone where it linked me up with Loopseque for Kids. Now I’m looking for it on AppStore and it’s not there. WTF?

• Ah ok, doesn’t work beyond iOS 10

• I think I can get into this...

• edited October 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

As well each of the steps in each of the loops can be made to trigger on alternating passes.

You can play and mute any number of disks in each side of 4.

No midi (YET)

Works well on the (audio)BUS.

• My question with apps like this: Am I expected to be the kind of person who just cranks out hundreds of immaculately BPM-labeled perfect loops and has them at the ready? Or is there another way in here?

• @audiblevideo said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

As well each of the steps in each of the loops can be made to trigger on alternating passes.

No midi (YET)

You can also change the bit depth of the of the sample

You also have EQ, Compressor and Limiter

You also have alternated sounding beats

You can also record (recorded segments under a certain size can be reloaded as samples

There are two XY pads with fixed sources for Mod1 and Mod2.

There are ADSR envelopes for Volume and Filter and five filter types

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    My question with apps like this: Am I expected to be the kind of person who just cranks out hundreds of immaculately BPM-labeled perfect loops and has them at the ready? Or is there another way in here?

I would say this is more aimed at using beats and sounds triggered to make your own loops within each circle

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@audiblevideo said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

No midi (YET)

You can also record (recorded segments under a certain size can be reloaded as samples

Can the rotation movement be reversed and ping-ponged. btw Still searching for an app that can play midi reverse and ping pong. MAybe you have some suggestions?

• @mannix said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@audiblevideo said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

No midi (YET)

Can the rotation movement be reversed and ping-ponged. btw Still searching for an app that can play midi reverse and ping pong. MAybe you have some suggestions?

I don’t think so, but if not they are good ideas we could suggest they implement.

• This looks fun but I can’t keep buying standalone apps that I won’t use in my workflow. I will keep my fingers crossed that this app gets updated for AU and hold off for now.

• edited October 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    My question with apps like this: Am I expected to be the kind of person who just cranks out hundreds of immaculately BPM-labeled perfect loops and has them at the ready? Or is there another way in here?

I would say this is more aimed at using beats and sounds triggered to make your own loops within each circle

Indeed. Since there’s no beat detection or time stretch you want to just use one shot hits and chops. This app supports Files and nested folders so putting in your sample libraries is a breeze and the inbuilt sample stock is decent as well. For stuff like hiphop and house I see this working out really well. Genres that are more technical and structured would be challenging but not impossible.

• @gusgranite said:
    This looks fun but I can’t keep buying standalone apps that I won’t use in my workflow. I will keep my fingers crossed that this app gets updated for AU and hold off for now.

This is a sample player and it’s designed for full screen performance. The controls on a 10” screen are already crowded. For the above reasons I think there is a 0% chance this will get converted into AU because it isn’t intended for that. It can work in AUM already anyway so you’re just making up reasons to resist the temptation ;)

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@gusgranite said:
    This looks fun but I can’t keep buying standalone apps that I won’t use in my workflow. I will keep my fingers crossed that this app gets updated for AU and hold off for now.

This is a sample player and it’s designed for full screen performance. The controls on a 10” screen are already crowded. For the above reasons I think there is a 0% chance this will get converted into AU because it isn’t intended for that. It can work in AUM already anyway so you’re just making up reasons to resist the temptation ;)

Sample player, synth, FX... they’re all just apps with UIs and design decisions. And AUs can run standalone too so it doesn’t have to be one or the other. The developer might not even know that they are losing sales so I will give my feedback to them and not make any more of it.

• The fact that each circle plays four samples makes it pretty great to me.

• The original was pretty damn cool, so this was an immediate purchase for me. This one is even cooler.

• does the compressor have side chain?

• edited October 2018

@kobamoto said:
    does the compressor have side chain?

doesnt look like it, it’s master bus compression only, but it does have p-lock for pan, modulation and velocity.