Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 2 is launching on Thursday, April 3rd 2014

Comments

• Is it now Thursday in NZ?

• Meh, my consumable IAPs comment was a joke :) Me, sarcasm, the internets never work out :(

• Next time, winky smilies ;-)

• Yeah but sarcasm works best with a straight face. I always suffer on forums because 50% of what I say are sarcastic jokes. Hey @ChrisG one day we'll all get invited on the audiobus island with all expenses paid by the audiobus guys and we'll crack VERY funny jokes all year. Did I say year? Of course. That would be cool.

• YOU suffer?...

• Ok, I suffer with you right after I made you suffer

• Lol. Word...

• I know what we need as an IAP: gold-plated connections between the apps, it sounds so much better! ;)

• Nailed it. Golden glow on the arrows between connected apps within the app. As superfluous as gold connectors. :)

Or an annual birthday cake IAP. Runs a sweet animation once and only once and gets your name on http://audiob.us/birthday-supporters if you want it there (with a link?).

• Is it just me or this place is like a waiting room. Posters on walls, ticking clock, smell of disinfectant, random conversations...

• So are we looking at midnight in our specific time zones or will it be released at apples 12:00am pst?

• I'm going to put a hex on you for forcing me to buy a new iPad... except that I don't know any hexes and even if I did I have no magical powers. Oh well... at least I can feel like I have magical powers when I wake up (or perhaps go to bed in the morning) on Thursday.

Anyone know where I can sell an iPad 64 GB 4th gen for $700 - $800? Eh? ...didn't think so. ;)

• Is almost here 2 more days. :D Im expecting a new way to see ipad music creation.

• Thursday, April 3rd is 7.5 hrs away in fact.

• edited April 2014

:( it's 11.5 hrs away here

• You guys and your futuristic societies. US West Coast is still in the dark ages, I got 19 hours to go! Whaaaa!

• It's getting close to midnight somewhere, right?!

• Is it out in Oz yet, what price? I heard the prices have gone up on apps there today.

• i was just thinking its the 3rd in australia... tomorrows gonna be click for updates day!

• @Jumpercollins said:

Is it out in Oz yet, what price? I heard the prices have gone up on apps there today.

Yeah, that sucks. I wonder if that means Apple will be earning a bigger chunk or will it stay at 30% for Apple and developers will get some of that increase too?

• edited April 2014

No update in the NZ store. So I guess they're not doing the timezone thing. Very exite!!

• Sebastian is from German but Micheal is Australian....

• Maybe NZ ain't getting it?

• edited April 2014

Nothing in Oz at 5.30am. We are worse than a bunch kids waiting for Santa.

• Wow! Better than I was anticipating. I have been looking forward to this so much.........Oh yes, that is excellent.

I love that first cup of tea in the morning.

• In pretty sure the original launch wasn't time zone. I remember downloading it just prior to my gate closing on a 11 hour flight. Was a happy flight!

• I remember First One was out at 12:10 of Italy time zone

• So 00:00 CET perhaps.

And I'm pretty sure they skipped the kiwis for another week. Just cos they always get everything first.

• edited April 2014

We're going to flip the switch about 11 hours from now. That way both Michael and myself are able to be around in case things go horribly wrong. Typically it takes a few hours until the binary gets propagated around all app stores in all parts of the world fromt then on.