Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited October 2018

Woah cool. Wish I had an ipad and id check it out. Iphone user

• Doesn’t work for me with my apogee jam.
    Anyone else?

• @flo26 said:
    Doesn’t work for me with my apogee jam.
    Anyone else?

I can't get it working either, no input signal in standalone and crashes in AB3 and AUM.

Tried a reboot and launching standalone before hosting.

Tried a mic interface (Peavey AmpKit, not recommended, noisy as hell) and a USB, no luck.

Confirmed my sanity by booting up Bias and ToneStack, all good there.

I know Hotone do hardware, maybe this needs to be unlocked by something?

Moving on.

• I see a “Repair BUG” update has arrived (Just before I was going to delete it), will check it out later.

Looks like a vastly cut-down Bias ...

• It works here with an Apogee Jam in AUM, but it doesn’t work in Garageband as IAA. I don’t see the need to keep it installed with Bias or Tonestack allready on the iPad 😉

• Doesn’t load as IAA effect . Maybe the free version doesn’t allow that ?

• Well... I’ve tested it a little deeper and it works fine as IAA in every usual apps (Auria, Cubasis, AUM, Audiobus, Beatmaker 3 and Garageband) 👍.

• Still doesn’t work for me.
    Ipad pro 2017.ios 12.

• Doesn’t work for me in cubasis, audioshare, audiobus2. Air 2, ios 12.

• Works for me now,but only in auria’
    Maybe a demo?
    My usual gear is far from me at the moment,but i can try to make one with Headphones.😉

• I had a hotone ravo effects unit that was returned to amazon the same day of purchase, truly the most awful piece of great I've ever purchased. It was nothing but noise and low output, and their answer? "Well, what did you expect, it's inexpensive." Meanwhile the zoom b1on that was less than 1/3 the price doesn't have the same issue at all. I just don't trust hotone at all after that, ever though their nano amps are neat. But their computer programming doesn't make me very confident. And the fact that so many are saying this barely works and not consistently just seems to reinforce that.

• Interesting, it's by Hotone. I have the XTOMP pedal which is sort of their flagship multi-FX modeler. The drive models on there are pretty good, actually, but it's inconsistent from patch to patch. I'll probably pass on this for now, but they have the chops to make something useful. Tough to break in against Positive Grid, Tone Stack, etc, though.

• @marliess said:
    Doesn’t work for me in cubasis, audioshare, audiobus2. Air 2, ios 12.

That’s weird. I’m too on Air 2 iOS 12.0.1

The only thing to have sound in any app is too change the loaded preset. That seems to activate the IAA...

• Yeah, I was keen to give it a go, but couldnt get anything out of it. In audioshare i couldnt even get it to load, just repeatedly got an error message. Strangely, just went back in to check the error code and it loaded fine, I’ll def give it more of a go to see if it can add something to my go to’s (amplitube, biasfx, tonestack). Wonder what the deal with the IAP is? ...pretty much everything is unlocked except maybe five cabs.

• For the little time i’ve played with the app,it sounded rather good.

• ...and just tried the 5 cabs that are locked with IAP and can use em fine without buying em. Noise gate clamps down very quickly - turn it even a quarter of the dial and volume drops noticably. Has an input slider though so you can get volume back easily - i ran a recording of an acoustic guitar through one of the high gain amps and it was surprisingly usable. Glad this thing is actually working now, looking foward to playing more and hopefully a demo from @flo26 :)

• edited October 2018

After a little more playing( with headphones) and comparing with bias fx,i must say mids and highs sound much more natural to my ears.
    Bias sounds good,but i’m often annoyed by high frequencies.it often sounds a little bit digital to my ears.
    Definitely worth a try.

• Can’t find IR loader within :(

• @flo26 said:
    Doesn’t work for me with my apogee jam.
    Anyone else?

Doesn’t work with my Apogee Jam 96k, was just about to buy some of the iap’s too to check out, no sound in any Daw I’ve tried or stand alone.

• If you own auria,you must choose the first one.

• @Strizbiz said:
    Doesn’t work with my Apogee Jam 96k, was just about to buy some of the iap’s too to check out, no sound in any Daw I’ve tried or stand alone.

It does work with my Apogee Jam 96k. In any DAW or app like AUM or Audiobus, to obtain sound the "secret" is to change the selected preset to another one.

• @Gratouilli said:

@Strizbiz said:

It does work with my Apogee Jam 96k. In any DAW or app like AUM or Audiobus, to obtain sound the "secret" is to change the selected preset to another one.

What IOS are you using?

• Air 2 / iOS 12.0.1 / Apogee Jam 96k 😉

• The app seems no more available in the app store for now.

• Apparently,most of the free amps were not meant to be free at all.😉

• @flo26 said:
    Apparently,most of the free amps were not meant to be free at all.😉

Indeed , but I hope the devs will push a new update (still no sign at the store)

• This all seems pretty consistent with hotone's software development.

• And an update landed :)
    Goodbye “free” goodies, lol !

• edited November 2018

So,i will update....later.
    This is a really good amp sim.

• @flo26 said:
    So,i will update....later.

:D