Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sh101 app

There still doesn’t appear to be a decent sh101 emulation on iOS Weird no? Just about to drop £ on sh01a but one last plea - any good iOS approximations out there? The sh01a looks fun but since it’s acm and no effects surely an iOS app could come close........

Comments

• edited January 2018

We’re working on a modern take of an analog bass synth, inspired by the SH101 and Bass Station II. It will feature a sound engine unique from AudioKit Synth One. However, it will not be a 1-to-1 model of the BSII or SH101. It’ll be its own unique beast. B)

• edited January 2018

Guessing you already tried Zeeon? Not the same sound/character but totally killed my Gas for an sh01a.

Isn’t behringer releasing an sh101 replica pretty soon? So if it’s not urgent then maybe hold off on the sh01a purchase for a while either way and see how that pans out ;) The sh01a sequencer does look quite fun tho...

• Hosting multiple instances of Zeeon in AUM and driving them with Brams Rozeta Suite is pure bliss :)

• Love Zeeon So many great synths. Look forward to analog-Matt new bsII INSPIRATION!

• I had a Roland SH-1. I was able to get some similar sounds out of the SubSynth in Caustic.

• @Iostress said:
    Guessing you already tried Zeeon? Not the same sound/character but totally killed my Gas for an sh01a.

Isn’t behringer releasing an sh101 replica pretty soon? So if it’s not urgent then maybe hold off on the sh01a purchase for a while either way and see how that pans out ;) The sh01a sequencer does look quite fun tho...

Zeeon’s developer asked my if I could find him an SH101 way before he released Zeeon which makes me think it might have been a bit of an inspiration.

• @SheffieldBleep said:
    There still doesn’t appear to be a decent sh101 emulation on iOS Weird no? Just about to drop £ on sh01a but one last plea - any good iOS approximations out there? The sh01a looks fun but since it’s acm and no effects surely an iOS app could come close........

I've owned and loved my SH-101 for 30 years. It's my baby. If it died, I would die. Then, I would buy an SH01. It sounds so spot on it shocked me. Even the weird little corners you can push it into sounded spot on to me. Plus all of the new/extra features. And four note polyphony? And remote transpose on the sequencer? Easy choice! Only drawback in my mind is the size of the faders.

Hardware is hardware, even if it's a digital sound source. You'll use it differently than you would a software emulation, no matter how hard you map the controls to your midi controller. Plus, analog clock in is so unbelievably fun. Not trying to suggest you go buy it! Am saying though: if you really want a hardware SH-101 (and can afford it), go for it.

• I’ve got a Roland SH-09 and CSQ-600 I’m willing to sell, to anyone who offers suitable money and can pick it up from East London (Newham).

• @analog_matt said:
    We’re working on a modern take of an analog bass synth, inspired by the SH101 and Bass Station II. It will feature a sound engine unique from AudioKit Synth One. However, it will not be a 1-to-1 model of the BSII or SH101. It’ll be its own unique beast. B)

B)

• encenc
    edited January 2018

@syrupcore said:

I've owned and loved my SH-101 for 30 years. It's my baby. If it died, I would die. Then, I would buy an SH01. It sounds so spot on it shocked me. Even the weird little corners you can push it into sounded spot on to me. Plus all of the new/extra features. And four note polyphony? And remote transpose on the sequencer? Easy choice! Only drawback in my mind is the size of the faders.

size of the sliders really isnt an issue especially if you are used to using ipad/iphone apps.
    its an extremely versatile little machine ... i love it <3 :D

whist not exactly stretching the SH01a here, this guy comes to the conclusion that its BETTER that the sh101 :o

• @Samu said:
    Hosting multiple instances of Zeeon in AUM and driving them with Brams Rozeta Suite is pure bliss :)

Don’t have a :)> @supadom said:

@Iostress said:

Zeeon’s developer asked my if I could find him an SH101 way before he released Zeeon which makes me think it might have been a bit of an inspiration.

I can easily believe that. Zeeon rules!

• @enc said:

size of the sliders really isnt an issue especially if you are used to using ipad/iphone apps.
    its an extremely versatile little machine ... i love it <3 :D

whist not exactly stretching the SH01a here, this guy comes to the conclusion that its BETTER that the sh101 :o

I agree. Sounds great, more features, more compact. I'm used to ipad/iphone app controls (and volca knobs too!) but I'm most used to the SH-101 sliders (synth I've owned the longest) so I reckon the SH01 sliders would indeed bug me. For a little while anyway.

• Go for the SH-01A. I tested it out recently at Guitar Center and it's definitely worth the money. I know I'll buy one eventually along with a TR-08. But for now, I'm still catching up with all the VSTs and Rack Extensions that I scooped up from Black Friday.

• @anickt said:
    I had a Roland SH-1. I was able to get some similar sounds out of the SubSynth in Caustic.

+1

Using the modular synth (for example with the patch "Jubass" as a starting point) can be very helpful, too.

• I’d like to see an SH-01A emulation on iOS :p

• @sdesign said:
    I’d like to see an SH-01A emulation on iOS :p

I’d wouldn’t mind seeing that before the MS-101 comes out! Would save me some money! :D

• @sdesign said:
    I’d like to see an SH-01A emulation on iOS :p

Me too...I think @brambos is cooking it. That or a Linndrum emulator... ;)

• @u0421793 said:
    I’ve got a Roland SH-09 and CSQ-600 I’m willing to sell, to anyone who offers suitable money and can pick it up from East London (Newham).

I'm amazed nobody jumped on this. Like a 101 but a massive sounding discrete oscillator instead of CEM. The growly sub bass is still there.

The SH-01A is awesome though!

• edited October 2018

TAL-BassLine-101 Vst sounds as good as the SH-01A but both aren’t sounding like the real thing when pushing the filter or playing low or high tones. If you can save the money get the real thing secondhand. For iOS I agree with others Zeeon does a great job.

• I have an SH-101 so I’m super familiar with its sound. It’s probably my favorite synth. While a lot of iOS synths can get in the ballpark I’ve yet to find any that can get near the rubbery bouncy quality that makes the 101 so special. Zeeon is in my top three iOS synths but it doesn’t sound anything like a 101 to me. The closest I’ve gotten is with DRC.

I try not to recreate hardware tones on the iPad because it almost always falls flat, but I would pay premium to have the Roland sound in my iPad. Until that exists I’m more than happy with Syntronik’s J-8 and SH-V, both of which offer that rich solid Roland tone that non sample based iOS synths can’t do so well (imo).

• @lairdhenn said:
    I have an SH-101 so I’m super familiar with its sound. It’s probably my favorite synth. While a lot of iOS synths can get in the ballpark I’ve yet to find any that can get near the rubbery bouncy quality that makes the 101 so special. Zeeon is in my top three iOS synths but it doesn’t sound anything like a 101 to me. The closest I’ve gotten is with DRC.

I try not to recreate hardware tones on the iPad because it almost always falls flat, but I would pay premium to have the Roland sound in my iPad. Until that exists I’m more than happy with Syntronik’s J-8 and SH-V, both of which offer that rich solid Roland tone that non sample based iOS synths can’t do so well (imo).

Agreed

• The SH-01A (Roland Boutique) is actually pretty awesome. I understand that a lot of those Boutiques are controversial for being non-analog, too hard to control, etc., but the sounds and interface of the SH-101 lend well to that form factor, and it's great to have some additional functionality (like 4 note polyphony) that you can take or leave as you please.

I should point out that if you are looking for a good analog bass synth app, Bassalicious is probably the closest thing to working with an actual analog synth, like the Arturia MicroBrute. It isn't a perfect app, but generally sounds great:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bassalicious/id1089502073?mt=8

I would be interested to check out that new @analog_matt project referenced above, when released!

• @StormJH1 said:
    I would be interested to check out that new @analog_matt project referenced above, when released!

Ha! Looks like we're only 1-2 years behind schedule. 😅

In case anyone is wondering: We are still working on the Bass Synth. Probably will be released Spring 2019. And, it will be AUv3.

• Is it ready yet?

• @SheffieldBleep said:

Well Behringer may solve this issue for you.......

• @RUST( i )K said:

@SheffieldBleep said:

Well Behringer may solve this issue for you.......

Naaaah No more synth hardware for me. Software approximation is good enough within a tune context. In fact Im thinking of going back to pure in the box. Cant be doing with all this hardware fetish stuff. Circuit and a couple of volcas satisfy knob twiddling urges. Had thought about a sp404 but Koala has put that one to bed

• edited March 2019

@jolico said:
    Is it ready yet?

Wow, you have a good memory!

We're going to continue to improve the apps we already have D1, Synth One, FM Player (and get it right before we release any more). One of the benefits of AudioKit is that it's an open-source project, run by volunteers. Meaning, we don't have to keep releasing apps to make money -- We can go back and continue to update apps to improve the user experience and make expressive iOS musical instruments for years to come.

However, this bass synth has been in my mind for years.

When it finally does come out, it will be epic! 🔥

And, that Behringer 101 looks pretty sweet as well!

• Try Roland themselves... I think they have SH101 on there cloud vst.. Just got there TB 303 vst... Mmmm... Sexy!... :)