Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix: big update incoming

Comments

• @aaronpc said:
    @MonzoPro Having heard your music, AM looks like a Monzo machine to me.

Just watched Doug's videos with the LFO's controlling Turnado - I think you're right...

@kinkujin said:

I finally took the few minutes needed to suss out LFO routing and it’s awesome. This app is just fab. Really looking forward to this update.

Yeah I think I'll go for this one later.

• How do you record your sessions with this - does it have a built in audio recorder?

• @MonzoPro said:
    How do you record your sessions with this - does it have a built in audio recorder?

Yes, it does.

• @ALB said:

@MonzoPro said:
    How do you record your sessions with this - does it have a built in audio recorder?

Yes, it does.

Cool, thanks.

• @ALB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, it does.

Does it save stems or a stereo mix?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ExAsperis99 said:

@ALB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, it does.

The appstore version has a stereo mix, but the one coming out soon (hopefully) has a separate stem for each of the 3 matrices.

• edited October 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Proto said:

@Dchild said:
    What’s the hold up on the update?

It's stuck in the matrix.

The App Store in general is like The Matrix these days from the layout to the bundle pricing haha

• @Carnbot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ALB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, it does.

The appstore version has a stereo mix, but the one coming out soon (hopefully) has a separate stem for each of the 3 matrices.

Hmm. That’s not really enough. Strange decision for such a versatile app.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ALB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, it does.

Needs more matrices then!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ALB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes, it does.

Needs more matrices then!

Yeah it's really down to the way it works, would be great to have more but it would need different architecture I think. So maybe one day. But with an AU recorder you could record as many stems as you want.
    So something like Audiolayer could do more. Not that I've used it that way.

• how do you export to a daw then?

• Me personally, I record my sessions and bring them into a DAW, or record out live to a daw. I also build as much stuff in the app as possible. I usually aim to add my finishing touches and do edits in a DAW, whilst I come up with ideas in this. I mean there's a lot of ways you can work with it. You can just record separate parts out in different takes, mixdown and use the sampler as a track. I really see it like a piece of hardware and there's no correct way to use it. I do the same with AUM really.
    You can also use it alongside AUM and Audiobus of course but I don't tend to do that much since the features have grown.

• @Carnbot said:
    Me personally, I record my sessions and bring them into a DAW, or record out live to a daw. I also build as much stuff in the app as possible. I usually aim to add my finishing touches and do edits in a DAW, whilst I come up with ideas in this. I mean there's a lot of ways you can work with it. You can just record separate parts out in different takes, mixdown and use the sampler as a track. I really see it like a piece of hardware and there's no correct way to use it. I do the same with AUM really.
    You can also use it alongside AUM and Audiobus of course but I don't tend to do that much since the features have grown.

Well, I finally watched the @Daveypoo videos, which are excellent, and it rekindled my interest. But one of the great aspects of AUM is the automatically named and organized stems waiting in a folder. For me, the matrix is not as engaging as the mixer GUI of AUM, so that leaves the amazing LFO modulation as an advantage for ApeMatrix. But can that really achieve more than Rozeta LFO?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Me personally, I record my sessions and bring them into a DAW, or record out live to a daw. I also build as much stuff in the app as possible. I usually aim to add my finishing touches and do edits in a DAW, whilst I come up with ideas in this. I mean there's a lot of ways you can work with it. You can just record separate parts out in different takes, mixdown and use the sampler as a track. I really see it like a piece of hardware and there's no correct way to use it. I do the same with AUM really.

Well, I finally watched the @Daveypoo videos, which are excellent, and it rekindled my interest. But one of the great aspects of AUM is the automatically named and organized stems waiting in a folder. For me, the matrix is not as engaging as the mixer GUI of AUM, so that leaves the amazing LFO modulation as an advantage for ApeMatrix. But can that really achieve more than Rozeta LFO?

Yeah it can because you can modulate all of the parameters of Model 15 within minutes of setting it up for example, whereas setting that up with Rozeta takes ages and probably uses more memory etc. for jamming and experimenting it's a lot of fun when you don't have to worry about adding LFO plugins. But you know, I use both methods when I feel like it. It's just an alternate way. I tend to go between this, AUM and AB3 for coming up with stuff :)

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

The LFO modulation is what’s drawing me in, but the recording options seem quite clunky compared to AUM - the way that one links up with Audioshare.

I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never used the Rozeta LFO, so I’ll be testing that today.

I am attracted to the directness of the AM UI though.

• @MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

The LFO modulation is what’s drawing me in, but the recording options seem quite clunky compared to AUM - the way that one links up with Audioshare.

I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never used the Rozeta LFO, so I’ll be testing that today.

Yeah each host has it's own distinct advantage for certain things, that's why I'm happy using them all. The beauty of using Audio units is you can set up a similar but slightly different setup in your hosts and that's more likely to generate a different outcome each time. I love using LFOs though, and apeMatrix makes it super easy. :)

• edited October 2018

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

Yeah each host has it's own distinct advantage for certain things, that's why I'm happy using them all. The beauty of using Audio units is you can set up a similar but slightly different setup in your hosts and that's more likely to generate a different outcome each time. I love using LFOs though, and apeMatrix makes it super easy. :)

Definitely....I just tried manipulating Spacecraft and Turnado via Rozeta LFO in AUM, really complicated compared to how Doug did it in his vids for Apematrix. Massive tick for Apematrix there. I can see me going for this one very soon.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

Definitely....I just tried manipulating Spacecraft and Turnado via Rozeta LFO in AUM, really complicated compared to how Doug did it in his vids for Apematrix. Massive tick for Apematrix there. I can see me going for this one very soon

@MonzoPro I’m tested out the instrument version of Spacecraft at present should make life a lot easier to use it with modulation and midi routings inside AU hosts once released. Been trying it out inside Modstep as a instrument running Modstep sequencer to trigger it with some fun results.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Carnbot said:

Definitely....I just tried manipulating Spacecraft and Turnado via Rozeta LFO in AUM, really complicated compared to how Doug did it in his vids for Apematrix. Massive tick for Apematrix there. I can see me going for this one very soon

@MonzoPro I’m tested out the instrument version of Spacecraft at present should make life a lot easier to use it with modulation and midi routings inside AU hosts once released. Been trying it out inside Modstep as a instrument running Modstep sequencer to trigger it with some fun results.

I look forward to that update - Spacecraft is one of my favourite apps.

• @d4d0ug no worries! No, AM doesn't have a built-in sequencer but for me it's the perfect host for all things Rozeta, StepPolyArp, Physicles, etc. Yes, @MonzoPro - the directness of the interface is what I like. I'm a big fan OG everything on one screen, which is why I don't use IAA much - can't stand flipping through multiple screens.

That being said, AUM still offers tons that AM doesn't (stereo processing effects, variety of busses and sends, etc.). I find them complimentary still. I am hoping that the new update eliminates the need for running my Behringer Model D through AUM first, though - streamlining the process is always good.

• @Daveypoo said:
    Yes, @MonzoPro - the directness of the interface is what I like. I'm a big fan OG everything on one screen, which is why I don't use IAA much - can't stand flipping through multiple screens.

That being said, AUM still offers tons that AM doesn't (stereo processing effects, variety of busses and sends, etc.). I find them complimentary still.

Yeah I can see how all these methods can work together. The big draw for me with AM was the LFO stuff - but I've just watched Doug's vid on using Rozeta LFO's with Spacecraft in AUM, and I've now got that working really well. So my panic at not having AM has subsided slightly, but will watch and see what the new updates brings.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Yes, @MonzoPro - the directness of the interface is what I like. I'm a big fan OG everything on one screen, which is why I don't use IAA much - can't stand flipping through multiple screens.

That being said, AUM still offers tons that AM doesn't (stereo processing effects, variety of busses and sends, etc.). I find them complimentary still.

Yeah I can see how all these methods can work together. The big draw for me with AM was the LFO stuff - but I've just watched Doug's vid on using Rozeta LFO's with Spacecraft in AUM, and I've now got that working really well. So my panic at not having AM has subsided slightly, but will watch and see what the new updates brings.

Yes - the LFOs are amazing and were the very first thing that sold me on Amazing Noises and apeSoft. I take them for granted now and when I'm only using AUM I get frustrated searching for them only to realize...

• @Daveypoo said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Daveypoo said:

Yes - the LFOs are amazing and were the very first thing that sold me on Amazing Noises and apeSoft. I take them for granted now and when I'm only using AUM I get frustrated searching for them only to realize...

Looks a bit quicker in AM, but now I’ve sussed LFO-ing in AUM I’ll probably stick with that for now.

• so is this update close to being released?

• There is still some beta testing and features improvement. Soon :)

• Oh now i feel bad for asking so much. I thought it was just going through Apple app review; and was only a day or two away. I’ll stop asking, but i am still very excited for the update. > @Janosax said:

There is still some beta testing and features improvement. Soon :)

• Any update on the status for this?

• Update is now out :)