Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Stagelight Beta testers think it’ll stand up to NS 2?

Battle of the new DAWS. Stagelight ios vs Nanostudio 2...Which one should we be more excited about?
I predict at least one “Depends on what you wanna do”..
And “LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!”
⚔️

Comments

• edited October 2018

.My money’s on NS 2.. Just an instinct

• Do Oranges stand up to Lemons ?

• I have no clue but from the looks of it Stagelight will most likely be 'subscription based'(at least it looks that way when looking at the home page) while NS2 will be powered by IAPs for added features...

NS1 was one of the first music apps I got for my iOS device so it will be really exiting to see NS2 drop.
    I got the IAP for the original NS1 long time ago and will most likely get the IAPs('functions' but not 'presets') for NS2 too.

• edited October 2018

StageLight on other platforms has been around a while so people basically know what they are getting if they used it on windows etc, on the other hand NS 2 is still a dark horse so who can tell.

I’m beta testing StageLight and I think it lends itself to a touch based experience really well with the loop builder and other factors. It Has a new very interesting instrument coming in version 4 and by the sounds of it will be out pretty soon.

NS 2 draw is the new Obsidian Synth, workflow looks like it could be good aswell, I think it will have a lot more bell and whistles than StageLight to be honest because it’s previous pedigree and what I can see with the screenshots.

Bottom line is they both look like good DAWs for getting the job done.

• @Samu

StageLight I believe will be IAP within their store to upgrade DAW functionality, and features ie cross platform add new instruments outside the core DAW that you get. Also if you want new sound, loops, presets etc there is a wide selection within the store to expand with. I haven’t heard of any mention of subscription based and windows version doesn’t have that. Compared with Cubasis, Auria Pro initially layout price £40 - £50 UK pounds, StageLight will probably compare favourable to add to over time for more functionality features. Could be all pie in the sky on release day ! Time will tell.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Do Oranges stand up to Lemons ?

Of course my dear Dr Watson..... It's Lemon entry…. :D

• edited October 2018

One big difference between the two is audio tracks, (NS2 won’t have them on release afaik) Another is the cliplaunch/loop builder workflow. (NS2 uses timeline workflow, Stagelight has both timeline and cliplaunch). Also they differ re: AUv3 instruments and fx, again as far as I know, NS2 won’t have these on release.

Beyond that Stagelight is a much simpler tool, with simpler onboard instruments.
    Stagelight isn’t subscription it’s iap based as well. Free to use, iap for features, sound ware.
    Probably the better comparison for Stagelight would be GarageBand

• The answer is......nope.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    One big difference between the two is audio tracks, (NS2 won’t have them on release afaik) Another is the cliplaunch/loop builder workflow. (NS2 uses timeline workflow, Stagelight has both timeline and cliplaunch). Also they differ re: AUv3 instruments and fx, again as far as I know, NS2 won’t have these on release.

Beyond that Stagelight is a much simpler tool, with simpler onboard instruments.
    Stagelight isn’t subscription it’s iap based as well. Free to use, iap for features, sound ware.

I think NS2 will have AUv3 support....also for MIDI FX.

• @Cib said:

@Littlewoodg said:

I think NS2 will have AUv3 support....also for MIDI FX.

Wasn’t sure, I thought I read that both are planned for addition after release...

• @Jumpercollins : I’m beta testing also.. what “new instrument”? I guess I missed it .

• Beta testing it. It's a really nice app

• @Telstar5 said:
    @Jumpercollins : I’m beta testing also.. what “new instrument”? I guess I missed it .

There’s been some teaser videos for a sampler instrument on the beta thread

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:
    @Jumpercollins : I’m beta testing also.. what “new instrument”? I guess I missed it .

It’s out with the next update that they keep delaying.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Telstar5 said:

It’s out with the next update that they keep delaying.

Hopefully delaying because they’re packing in features

• ¡Holy pointless thread!

• edited October 2018

@syrupcore said:
    ¡Holy pointless thread!

Yep.
    This is the sound of people waiting around. For NS2, Drambo, ‘nother Bram Bos, sample edition on FLSM, oy

• edited October 2018

@Cib , that was excellent. Thanks

• @Jumpercollins , thank you also for that fine comparison.

• The StageLight beta 4 just dropped now and I think we are all in for a big treat enough said!

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The StageLight beta 4 just dropped now and I think we are all in for a big treat enough said!

But can you say anymore? :)

• @Jumpercollins said:
    The StageLight beta 4 just dropped now and I think we are all in for a big treat enough said!

A big treat it is. I'm surprised.

• I think it will end up on most people's wish list tbh.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    I think it will end up on most people's wish list tbh.

Indeed

• @Littlewoodg said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    I think it will end up on most people's wish list tbh.

Indeed

+1

• Automatic sample pitch-detection and mapping?!?! This is bonkers...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anybody know what “iOS unlock v3” means? It’s in the store .

• edited October 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    Anybody know what “iOS unlock v3” means? It’s in the store .

One of the levels of unlock, I think the iOS one on Open Labs store also includes windows and Mac... iOS will be v4. I think you will also be able to buy an iOS only license when it’s live on AppStore as v4

• I’m actually a beta tester so I guess I’m already “unlocked”?