Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioDamage Ratshack Reverb

and midi out for Axon AU is on the list too apparently. :)

Comments

• oh! i loved that Ratshack vst in the 2000’s
    Ruff!

• Do i need another reverb? No. but i will invariably buy this because i am a weak subhuman turd.

• I have two of the hardware versions of that abomination and noise essential.
    I call them "Hell Boxes"

• @99476598326 said:
    Do i need another reverb? No. but i will invariably buy this because i am a weak subhuman turd.

If it is a faithful emulation, it will sound truly terrible.
    However, sometimes you may need truly terrible.

• edited October 2018

I'm like very close to digging out one of my old Zoom 1202's from the closet...
    Most effects are almost 'too clean' so if this Ratshack thing can add a bit of dirt it's most welcome :)

• Been waiting for this one. We have EOS2 for clean verbs. Time for some grit instead, yeah.

• haha same.... Seems like you've been watching ahs cult....😄> @99476598326 said:

Do i need another reverb? No. but i will invariably buy this because i am a weak subhuman turd.

• edited October 2018

-

• It’s a delay actually...Ratshack Reverb is a detailed model of that classic of classics, the Realistic Electronic Reverb. Now, you can have the sound of everyone's first analog delay unit, without ever having to change batteries!

As anyone who has owned this unit (which is just about everyone...) knows, it was actually an analog delay, not a reverb at all, and we've done our best to exactly replicate the sound and quirks of the original. We've even modeled the distortion that occurs by running a line signal in to the mic inputs.

Features

» Accurate analog "bucket-brigade" style delay model. Change the delay time, and the signal pitches accordingly.

» Both mic and line inputs modeled, for overdriving the delay section if desired.

» XML-based cross-platform preset manager, with copy and paste. (You can even move presets between the iOS version and the desktop version with Handoff.)

» Entirely vector-based resizable high-resolution user interface.

• edited October 2018

-

• @Iso said:

@grego68 said:
    It’s a delay actually...Ratshack Reverb is a detailed model of that classic of classics, the Realistic Electronic Reverb.

It was sold through Tandy in the U.K. Realistic was their in-house brand, they did a mixer as well which had a similar design............

Both were the backbone of our first attempts at being a DJ. Plus two mismatched, belt-driven turntables.

• edited October 2018

-

• <3 <3 <3
    As a fan of lofi, weird reverb units, and the original RatShack VST (I now refer to RadioShack as RatShack strictly because of it!), I am SO excited to see this ported to iOS!

Any idea on a release date, @grego68 ?

• @grego68 said:
    It’s a delay actually...Ratshack Reverb is a detailed model of that classic of classics, the Realistic Electronic Reverb. Now, you can have the sound of everyone's first analog delay unit, without ever having to change batteries!

As anyone who has owned this unit (which is just about everyone...) knows, it was actually an analog delay, not a reverb at all, and we've done our best to exactly replicate the sound and quirks of the original. We've even modeled the distortion that occurs by running a line signal in to the mic inputs.

Features

» Accurate analog "bucket-brigade" style delay model. Change the delay time, and the signal pitches accordingly.

» Both mic and line inputs modeled, for overdriving the delay section if desired.

» XML-based cross-platform preset manager, with copy and paste. (You can even move presets between the iOS version and the desktop version with Handoff.)

Will you be able to have it feedback into itself?
    The resulting cacophony is what makes it a noisemusic essential.

• Oh man. I had that Radio Shack 'reverb' unit.

• @Iso said:

@CracklePot said:

@Iso said:

@grego68 said:
    It’s a delay actually...Ratshack Reverb is a detailed model of that classic of classics, the Realistic Electronic Reverb.

It was sold through Tandy in the U.K. Realistic was their in-house brand, they did a mixer as well which had a similar design............

Both were the backbone of our first attempts at being a DJ. Plus two mismatched, belt-driven turntables.

Haha.... :D we used them in the first incarnation of our Pirate Radio Station back in the mid 80's...........then our genius engineer built the station a custom mixer into a biscuit tin, so they got replaced.........but dead handy being battery powered............they were lost when we got busted by the DTI & all our gear was seized. They cleared the entire room...... :/

Which station was that? I enjoyed a bit of pirate radio in the 80’s and 90’s.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Iso said:

@CracklePot said:

@Iso said:

@grego68 said:

Haha.... :D we used them in the first incarnation of our Pirate Radio Station back in the mid 80's...........then our genius engineer built the station a custom mixer into a biscuit tin, so they got replaced.........but dead handy being battery powered............they were lost when we got busted by the DTI & all our gear was seized. They cleared the entire room...... :/

Dagenham massive!

• edited October 2018

-

• edited October 2018

-

• @Iso said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Iso said:

@CracklePot said:

@Iso said:

@grego68 said:

Radio Kamikaze 105.5 FM........shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone! B)

Ah ok, cool :)

• @JeffChasteen said:

@grego68 said:
    It’s a delay actually...Ratshack Reverb is a detailed model of that classic of classics, the Realistic Electronic Reverb. Now, you can have the sound of everyone's first analog delay unit, without ever having to change batteries!

Features

Cheap RCA y-cables came in handy for such pursuits!

• ebay for 60 quid.

• @anickt said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@grego68 said:

Features

Cheap RCA y-cables came in handy for such pursuits!

Absolutely!

• Looking forward to more AD fun

• @Carnbot said:
    ebay for 60 quid.

Conversation at Realistic HQ circa 1982:

So what shall we call this thing?

Well, it's a delay.

Yeah but will people know what delay is?

Good point, ok let's call it reverb.

• @Iso said:

@grego68 said:

I have one of the mixers as well.
    I came across a treasure trove of RatShack merch during a period of thrift store grubbing in the early 2000s 🤣

• edited October 2018

-

• I look forward to this - i had the vst plugin back in the day

• @Iso said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@Iso said:

@grego68 said:

I have one of the mixers as well.
    I came across a treasure trove of RatShack merch during a period of thrift store grubbing in the early 2000s 🤣

Really useful little mixer, well worth picking up if found cheap at a boot market................great for anyone putting a little off grid thing together........

Indeed. It and a diy feedback looper were the control center for my feedback loops noise rig. It was a dependable workhorse, and certainly held up better than any Behringer trashmixer.

• @JeffChasteen said:
    during a period of thrift store grubbing in the early 2000s...

If only your High School self knew what the future held :)