Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation SL MkIII Review: Is it a game-changing controller?

edited October 2018 in Other

Comments

• Can it actually change a fucking actual game? A real game? Can it change it? Can it take the current game out, put it away somewhere, and bring in another different game and get that new game going? Can it? Eh? Can it actually change a game? Eh? Two games, one current, another one queued up to be the future game. Can it make this happen? Can it actually pull a game cartridge out of a console and shove a new one in? Can it press the eject on a CD drive and take the disc out and pop a new one in? Can it actually pack up your partially played board of monopoly (or iMonoPoly) and before you know it, swop it with an equally partially played board of snakes and ladders (sneks). Can it? If it can’t, then it’s not a fucking game fucking changer then is it. Harrumph.

• lol...love this snake tetris ! :D

• I say NO!

If they would have baked in features from he discontinued Audio HUB and improved it with a few additional inputs it might have been at least a little interesting...

• If it had taken the iPad more into account and had an audio interface built in then yes. As it is, it’s just another want to control it all device that has forgotten everything that goes in many studios.

• This is clearly aimed at people with hardware who don’t want to use a laptop / iPad.

The sequencer + CC automation + keyboard slit looks interesting.

I’m interested

• Not from portability perspective.

• Love to see a smaller version 37 keys that keeps the faders but tightly combines with the Novation Circuit to provide the Sequencer options and gives you the screens for the Circuit that would be killer. Also midi learn.

• Where is the beer holder?

• @Dchild said:
    This is clearly aimed at people with hardware who don’t want to use a laptop / iPad.

The sequencer + CC automation + keyboard slit looks interesting.

I’m interested

I think they have put in too much to do with PC / Mac DAW use for that to be the case. They have kept the PC / Mac side of older SL models and added the sequencer and hardware midi output options. Again though any major iOS use is ignored as per most hardware manufacturers these days ( though Apple do not help in this area).

• I want one ! The on-board sequencer is a unique feature afaik and would take a lot of load and messing around away (less screen swapping) from the iPad to allow me to use it purely for sound sources and recording.
    Keyboard splits so you don't have to bother with AU's in order to do it. Scales 'highlighted' on the keys for those that need it (also a great tool for learning scales on the keys), lock to scales options..again no need for AU's to do that for you either.
    Just load up your 8 favourite synths in AB or AUM and away you go, it would suit my workflow almost perfectly.
    I like the displays for the controller knobs so you know what each is doing, and being able to setup templates for different setups is also really useful.
    It will easily control a mixture of soft and hard synths and FX.

I am thinking it to be like having GrooveBox and Launchkey (which is a combo that I really like), but using both hardware and software synths but with the latter and a computer being optional.

What's not to like ? .. Ok price is a bit out of reach for me personally, but hey I can dream :)

@Supadom Agreed that portability is not great, It is not listed as class compliant so I'm assuming it cannot be USB powered, also no 25 or 37 key versions, I guess they couldn't fit everything onto that footprint, for example with Launchkey the 25 key doesn't have the faders.

• edited October 2018

@u0421793 said:
    Can it actually change a fucking actual game? A real game? Can it change it? Can it take the current game out, put it away somewhere, and bring in another different game and get that new game going? Can it? Eh? Can it actually change a game? Eh? Two games, one current, another one queued up to be the future game. Can it make this happen? Can it actually pull a game cartridge out of a console and shove a new one in? Can it press the eject on a CD drive and take the disc out and pop a new one in? Can it actually pack up your partially played board of monopoly (or iMonoPoly) and before you know it, swop it with an equally partially played board of snakes and ladders (sneks). Can it? If it can’t, then it’s not a fucking game fucking changer then is it. Harrumph.

Haha Spit the coffee !!!
    indeed the “game changer” hype is irritating!

• @Korakios said:

@u0421793 said:
    Can it actually change a fucking actual game? A real game? Can it change it? Can it take the current game out, put it away somewhere, and bring in another different game and get that new game going? Can it? Eh? Can it actually change a game? Eh? Two games, one current, another one queued up to be the future game. Can it make this happen? Can it actually pull a game cartridge out of a console and shove a new one in? Can it press the eject on a CD drive and take the disc out and pop a new one in? Can it actually pack up your partially played board of monopoly (or iMonoPoly) and before you know it, swop it with an equally partially played board of snakes and ladders (sneks). Can it? If it can’t, then it’s not a fucking game fucking changer then is it. Harrumph.

Haha Spit the coffee !!!
    indeed the “game changer” hype is irritating!

Is that the game that needs changing ?

• no, it will not “change the game”.
    yes, it is cool and i dont want one.

• Will be Interesting to see what hardware Ableton bring out in November.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Will be Interesting to see what hardware Ableton bring out in November.

Probably stickers. :trollface:

• @[Deleted User] said:

Are they doing this?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Probably stickers. :trollface:

hihi

@Michael_R_Grant

I would put a bet on it.

• I don't mean to be negative but the only thing imo that changes the game is that lately more and more manufacturers have their take on sequencing/p-locking which hopefully will force elektron to innovate finally.
    SLmkIII will fail on the same areas where its predecessors. The daw/plugin control is a massive pita, standalone operation is for seq only - my guess, for this money it should have motorised faders.

• edited October 2018

Deepdive vid from Calc @ Novation

Notice the CV tuning feature @ 25:00

• No MPE.....disqualified!

• @Cib said:
    No MPE.....disqualified!

No MPE, but the pads do have polyphonic aftertouch !

• @[Deleted User] said:

Why would you think they are announcing new hardware?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Cib said:
    No MPE.....disqualified!

No MPE, but the pads do have polyphonic aftertouch !

My iPhone as well :)

• @shiftsynth1 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Well just basic market placement and competition, I don't think they can wait one more year to release a new hardware product unless they drop that part of their business.

• edited October 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@shiftsynth1 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Well just basic market placement and competition, I don't think they can wait one more year to release a new hardware product unless they drop that part of their business.

I don't think Ableton have any plans for a new controller any time soon. Push 1 & 2 get refreshed regularly through firmware updates. The cost of developing a Push 3 would not be worthwhile this early in the cycle...........maybe in 4 or 5 years time?

• edited October 2018

Man. This thing is cool. I just wish it were in a Push, Launchpad type of hardware config. 49 keys is so 20th century. 🤪 but in all seriousness, with space being limited in my setup this is hard one to justify...but if it were the size of a Push2 with a grid I’d be all over it.

I mean i can do a lot with my Octatrack MK2 already...maybe the Push3 will have a stand alone Ableton Light workflow as part of its config...one can only hope.

• @echoopera said:
    Man. This thing is cool. I just wish it were in a Push, Launchpad type of hardware config. 49 keys is so 20th century. 🤪 but in all seriousness, with space being limited in my setup this is hard one to justify...but if it were the size of a Push2 with a grid I’d be all over it.

I mean i can do a lot with my Octatrack MK2 already...maybe the Push3 will have a stand alone Ableton Light workflow as part of its config...one can only hope.

That would be a logical step, stereo outs and some minimal standalone capability, like an Ableton light with no third party Plugins.

• @Iso said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@shiftsynth1 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I don't think Ableton have any plans for a new controller any time soon. Push 1 & 2 get refreshed regularly through firmware updates. The cost of developing a Push 3 would not be worthwhile this early in the cycle...........maybe in 4 or 5 years time?

I might be wrong but push 1 was a two year cycle so this would be a three year cycle. I think it would be a nice bet for something in November. Not long to find out :-)