Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’ve been making new noises all day Boss, as the Mrs took jnr out for the day. Got a headache now mind.

Bubble bath and sherry mate. Can't recommend it highly enough.

For the headache? Worth a try I guess.

• Twinned with: Promiscuity. What happens in Totnes, stays in Totnes.

• Social goals around town moving forward I think....

• ‘The grave of the Russian composer Alfred Schnittke in Novodevichye Cemetery in Moscow is surmounted by a stone on which is engraved a rest beneath a fermata with a triple forte noted at the bottom: A very, very loud extended silence.’

• John Biguenet, Silence (London: Bloomsbury, 2015), p.49.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    ‘The grave of the Russian composer Alfred Schnittke in Novodevichye Cemetery in Moscow is surmounted by a stone on which is engraved a rest beneath a fermata with a triple forte noted at the bottom: A very, very loud extended silence.’

• John Biguenet, Silence (London: Bloomsbury, 2015), p.49

Very special.

• edited October 2018

Very true. Art, and particularly music have been a bit of a refuge for me over the difficult last year or so.

• @MonzoPro said:

Very true. Art, and particularly music have been a bit of a refuge for me over the difficult last year or so.

Such a paradox, or can be. During difficult days art is indeed a refuge or can be (as can brown powder or bottomless whisky bottles), but during difficult days art (or the making of it) can also seem so impossible amongst the chaos and noise and upset....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Such a paradox, or can be. During difficult days art is indeed a refuge or can be (as can brown powder or bottomless whisky bottles), but during difficult days art (or the making of it) can also seem so impossible amongst the chaos and noise and upset....

Yep. When things have been bad here recently I’d love to have got lost in music or art making, but my brain just isn’t in the right space to do it. However it helps to realign things into a happier space shortly after, and even thinking about potential creative projects can be very uplifting.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Indeed, I've felt this acutely in recent weeks. As stress at work rises, I seek refuge in creative pursuits. But there are days when the challenges of the creative pursuit feel overwhelming whereas on other days they feel like a welcome part of the creative process. This is why I try to start with some "mind clearing" exercise before diving in on creative stuff in stressful times.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Indeed, I've felt this acutely in recent weeks. As stress at work rises, I seek refuge in creative pursuits. But there are days when the challenges of the creative pursuit feel overwhelming whereas on other days they feel like a welcome part of the creative process. This is why I try to start with some "mind clearing" exercise before diving in on creative stuff in stressful times.

• Sometimes I wish I were still out
    on the back porch, drinking jet fuel
    with the boys, getting louder and louder
    as the empty cans drop out of our paws
    like booster rockets falling back to Earth

RIP Tony Hoagland

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yep. When things have been bad here recently I’d love to have got lost in music or art making, but my brain just isn’t in the right space to do it. However it helps to realign things into a happier space shortly after, and even thinking about potential creative projects can be very uplifting.

I relate to this.

• @u0421793 said:
    Is that one of those Dyson fans she’s playing?

Best poster on any forum ever.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I relate to this.

Put it into practice again, after getting booted out of the band I was in a couple of weeks ago. Apparently not wanting to do one free half hour gig, which for me involved a four hour round trip over the mountains, in December, made my position untenable. The fact the gig was on their doorstep, like all the other free gigs we do, never seemed to be an issue for everyone else. Fuck em.

So I’ve been making a whole bunch of plans in my head to improve the quality of my solo stuff, and knuckled down to learn the new kit I’ve got inside out.

I’ve made a few bits, but the learning, and the planning helps propel things forwards, rather than looking back and dwelling on the past.

Music heals, especially the stuff you make in your head.

• @MonzoPro said:

Put it into practice again, after getting booted out of the band I was in a couple of weeks ago. Apparently not wanting to do one free half hour gig, which for me involved a four hour round trip over the mountains, in December, made my position untenable. The fact the gig was on their doorstep, like all the other free gigs we do, never seemed to be an issue for everyone else. Fuck em.

So I’ve been making a whole bunch of plans in my head to improve the quality of my solo stuff, and knuckled down to learn the new kit I’ve got inside out.

I’ve made a few bits, but the learning, and the planning helps propel things forwards, rather than looking back and dwelling on the past.

Fuck em indeed.

If they don't know what they're missing, they don't deserve you.

Onwards and upwards.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I relate to this.

Keep repeating that last line and press onward.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sometimes I wish I were still out
    on the back porch, drinking jet fuel
    with the boys, getting louder and louder
    as the empty cans drop out of our paws
    like booster rockets falling back to Earth

RIP Tony Hoagland

Oh my, that is just lovely. Gonna look up his work.

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

Fuck em indeed.

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you! It’s a bit weird to be honest, I was told I was the ‘best bassist’ any of them had played with (and they’re all getting on a bit), was bringing a whole load of extra synth stuff and recording expertise in, and I run a small web/design/promo business which would give them all that stuff for nowt. And I thought we all got on really well, or so I thought. At the end of the day it seems to be down to tribalism - I’m not ‘one of them’ down there. Sign of the times I guess.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I relate to this.

I think there’s also an element of ‘I’ll show em’, which helps.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

Fuck em indeed.

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you! It’s a bit weird to be honest, I was told I was the ‘best bassist’ any of them had played with (and they’re all getting on a bit), was bringing a whole load of extra synth stuff and recording expertise in, and I run a small web/design/promo business which would give them all that stuff for nowt. And I thought we all got on really well, or so I thought. At the end of the day it seems to be down to tribalism - I’m not ‘one of them’ down there. Sign of the times I guess.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I relate to this.

Also, simply practically, if they're going to piss in your pocket, better to be aware of that propensity sooner rather than later. There are lots of other unexploded bombs on the beach, and probably closer to home at that. Moving forward however I would certainly make a point of saying thank you every time you learn something new or create a little slice of something you probably wouldn't have done if you were still driving back and forth to be the best unappreciated bass player they know etc...

• edited October 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

Fuck em indeed.

Onwards and upwards.

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I relate to this.

Also, simply practically, if they're going to piss in your pocket, better to be aware of that propensity sooner rather than later. There are lots of other unexploded bombs on the beach, and probably closer to home at that. Moving forward however I would certainly make a point of saying thank you every time you learn something new or create a little slice of something you probably wouldn't have done if you were still driving back and forth to be the best unappreciated bass player they know etc...

Yeah definitely, better now than after putting in another years worth of work into it. I think bassists and drummers tend to be a bit lower down the pecking order, than guitarists and singers anyway.

Interesting experience though, being in a band again after 20 years. Think that’s me done now though, the benefits of being a solo twiddler means you avoid tedious band politics, and I’m unlikely to kick myself out, unless I really piss myself off.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’m unlikely to kick myself out, unless I really piss myself off.

Don't discount the possibility... If you treat yourself well (fine spirits, the occasional cigar, etc), you can reduce the probability.

• The Former Steel Town of Consett: Couple Crossing Railway Lines. Consett, England. 1975.

"In the 1960s and '70s, Northern England faced great hardships of poverty and unemployment, as manufacturing and production businesses began to shutter, in a landscape that had become desolate and polluted. The dapper style of this young couple contrasts with their surroundings. Arm in arm, they stand resilient even in this brutal landscape. I had somewhat overlooked this picture since I took it, but reacquainting myself with it recently in the darkroom, I found it really striking, and, on a recent journey of rediscovery to this part of England, I tried to find the couple depicted. Sadly, I learned the man in the picture is now dead. But I was encouraged by the regeneration of the region and the social developments that have taken place. I aim to capture my subjects with honesty and compassion. My pictures are dark in order to communicate a social conscience."
    -Don McCullin

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I relate to this.

Me too. 2018 has, in a lot of ways been a real crap year. Thank the Gorns for music.

• I often catch myself not listening to music and it's really dumb. So I decided I would start walking to and from work with headphones listening to music. 80 mins a day of quality listening.

I make sure I am listening to something new I have not heard before at least for half an hour and then I listen to what has inspired me to produce and dj in the first place (Derrick May, Scan7, Juan Atkins, Ken Ishii etc.)

• @99476598326 said:
    I often catch myself not listening to music and it's really dumb. So I decided I would start walking to and from work with headphones listening to music. 80 mins a day of quality listening.

I make sure I am listening to something new I have not heard before at least for half an hour and then I listen to what has inspired me to produce and dj in the first place (Derrick May, Scan7, Juan Atkins, Ken Ishii etc.)

I listen to new music exclusively while walking the dog for an hour each day. Even so it takes a while to catch up with everything that's going on.

• @richardyot said:

@99476598326 said:
    I often catch myself not listening to music and it's really dumb. So I decided I would start walking to and from work with headphones listening to music. 80 mins a day of quality listening.

I listen to new music exclusively while walking the dog for an hour each day. Even so it takes a while to catch up with everything that's going on.

I want to say 'I wish I had an hour to put aside to try new things every day' but I also know that's a matter of making the time/arranging the priorities etc. The dog here is nodding in agreement.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I want to say 'I wish I had an hour to put aside to try new things every day' but I also know that's a matter of making the time/arranging the priorities etc. The dog here is nodding in agreement.

I'll make you a playlist, both you and the dog will enjoy it.