Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I'm blowing all of my close friends minds..."You can't do that on a phone can you?"

I love showing pessimists that there is way more to these contraptions than meets the eye. The way I do that is to push the limit at all times. I did that on desktops for years. People told me, VSTs will never replace synths. Computer hard disk recording is inferior to expensive tape machines and a studio, blah blah blah. Tell that to Skrillex or Dead Maus...
I hear the same naysaying bullshit with every new generation of tech. CDs will never replace vinyl, mp3s will never replace cds, I can't say I can totally predict the future, but I've learned to keep an open mind. I used to be like them, but about musicians. I was like Bon Jovi? They are no beatles or Led Zepplin…., Guns and Roses? a second rate Aerosmith, Poison, Motley Crue? They are never gonna make it. From those false predictions, I learned to keep my mouth shut and just pay attention...lol. Btw I like things about all those bands now....not that I'm a giant fan of even the classics...My favorite band of all time was first AC/DC, then Judas Priest and Iron Maiden, but most of all, King's X, after that Infected Mushroom are God's to me.I guess I should also mention Daft Punk and Crystal Method, but I digress.

This post is really about me expressing my thanks for this tech, for a new community I get to be a part of, for change after long periods of sameness and for some super cool people I've met here in a short period of time. There are so many brilliant minds here, all ultimately humble, but not afraid to be outspoken. I love it here, no matter how many suggestions and critiques I get. It all goes in the pot and I stew on it and decide what's good for me, but it still helps. Thank you folks, and thank you universe and people like Tesla, DaVinci , Bill Gates ...the creator of Audiobus, the many brilliant developers of IOS stuff and of course those two crazy Apple guys(Jobs and Wazniac, sorry for spelling) that are the reason I'm here today!

Comments

• I was sat on the loo today trying to have a new musical thought, but gave up. It seems when I look at what I produce I can see bits of all the music from my past that has touched my musical heart.

So is the old tech a loving memory too? Well yeah, I love me some vinyl. As far as the music tech goes though, I remember cable dramas. I remember slider noise. I remember midi cable chaos.....and bad backs from flight cases.....and waiting for an analog synth to warm up.....

....here I am now on soft sofa and bed land. My studio is now just a place to rest my now older and fed by my wife’s cakes frame (I’m fatter). My studio now fits in a ruck sack and would probably fit in a fanny pack if I was American and could refrain from pissing myself laughing at the word fanny...

....yeah better times no doubt :)

Still prefer Vinyl though ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I was sat on the loo today trying to have a new musical thought, but gave up. It seems when I look at what I produce I can see bits of all the music from my past that has touched my musical heart.

So is the old tech a loving memory too? Well yeah, I love me some vinyl. As far as the music tech goes though, I remember cable dramas. I remember slider noise. I remember midi cable chaos.....and bad backs from flight cases.....and waiting for an analog synth to warm up.....

....here I am now on soft sofa and bed land. My studio is now just a place to rest my now older and fed by my wife’s cakes frame (I’m fatter). My studio now fits in a ruck sack and would probably fit in a fanny pack if I was American and could refrain from pissing myself laughing at the word fanny...

I'm in no way saying I don't appreciate that which paved the way...one can't help but be nostalgic. There are great things and memories of all the old mediums and i mean no disrespect to them by praising what we have now. However, I get to make music on my terms now without having to ask a record label for money or a producer to help me achieve "that sound" so, there's always a trade off, like when you get a new girlfriend and she doesn't give as good a massage as the last one, but she's a way better kisser. One isn't better than the other, but you take what you can , when you can and say..oh well...I can live with this! :)

• @bedheadproducer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I was sat on the loo today trying to have a new musical thought, but gave up. It seems when I look at what I produce I can see bits of all the music from my past that has touched my musical heart.

I'm in no way saying I don't appreciate that which paved the way...one can't help but be nostalgic. There are great things and memories of all the old mediums and i mean no disrespect to them by praising what we have now. However, I get to make music on my terms now without having to ask a record label for money or a producer to help me achieve "that sound" so, there's always a trade off, like when you get a new girlfriend and she doesn't give as good a massage as the last one, but she's a way better kisser. One isn't better than the other, but you take what you can , when you can and say..oh well...I can live with this! :)

Yes me too, I appreciate it all back to the first sea shell blow, yet there really is no doubting today we have it much easier...yay! :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yes me too, I appreciate it all back to the first sea shell blow, yet there really is no doubting today we have it much easier...yay! :)

in modern terms, that sounds like back in the day, you once got a blowjob, from or near a sea shell. But i understood what you meant. :)

• The good thing is: Today we have the choice what technology to use.

• edited October 2018

I bought a Roland FA07 last Feb 14.... Valentine's Day present for my wife, of course. Today I am returning it to the store in exchange for something ideal for me. No more need for a workstation keyboard. When I bought it, less than a year ago I didn't know iOS existed. I thought, I need a keyboard that can multitrack record cause I don't want the complication of learning a desktop and it is way expensive to buy all the stuff you need. I was still getting my head around having a keyboard that needed outboard speakers. Then I discovered iOS, this forum, Cubasis, Ravenscroft275, Thor, ISymphonic, Beathawk, SynthMaster Player, this forum! So everything is different now. New keyboard just for the action (Kawai MP11, also an excellent midi controller) and recently an iPad Pro2.

I made iOS music all summer long on a crummy Casio keybd, an iPad 4 and with the help of this forum. I, made great friends Here and admire others. Now I will have a new rig for the next phase. Thank you, Moore's law, Kawai, Apple and this Audiob.us!

• @bedheadproducer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

in modern terms, that sounds like back in the day, you once got a blowjob, from or near a sea shell. But i understood what you meant. :)

Hmmm sounds interesting :p

• edited October 2018

What blows my mind is that of all the mind blowing stuff in the world, the thing that blows peoples minds the most is that you can do [insert task here] on your phone.

Sure is fun though! I'm also glad that there is good software available on mobile devices.

• @OscarSouth said:
    What blows my mind is that of all the mind blowing stuff in the world, the thing that blows peoples minds the most is that you can do [insert task here] on your phone.

Sure is fun though! I'm also glad that there is good software available on mobile devices.

Well sure. But this is the Audiobus forum :D

• Your friends must use Android phones or something. :D

• edited October 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    I bought a Roland FA07 last Feb 14.... Valentine's Day present for my wife, of course. Today I am returning it to the store in exchange for something ideal for me. No more need for a workstation keyboard. When I bought it, less than a year ago I didn't know iOS existed. I thought, I need a keyboard that can multitrack record cause I don't want the complication of learning a desktop and it is way expensive to buy all the stuff you need. I was still getting my head around having a keyboard that needed outboard speakers. Then I discovered iOS, this forum, Cubasis, Racebscroft275, Thor, ISymphonic, Beathawk, SynthMaster Player, this forum! So everything is different now. New keyboard just for the action (Kawai MP11, also an excellent midi controller) and recently an iPad Pro2.

I made iOS music all summer long on a crummy Casio keybd, an iPad 4 and with the help of this forum. I, made great friends Here and admire others. Now I will have a new rig for the next phase. Thank you, Moore's law, Kawai, Apple and this Audiob.us!

where is the damn like button, my favorite new friend, andin Turkey none the less :)> @OscarSouth said:

• @OscarSouth said:

You're funny! I did not say that this was the only thing in life that is blowing their minds. Different people get their minds blown by different things. What is amazing to some is just a "so what ?" to others.

What blows my mind even more than this, is that we have Donald Trump as our president. I'm not saying anything pro or con about the guy politically..I'm just saying the fact he got to live the crazy life he did AND also be president, has a wife 30 years younger than him, is very vindictive and can't help but spit venom in anyone's direction if they say anything negative about him, instead of refraining and taking the high road because he's had it all.....what most of us will never have.....and on top of that....is fucking president....blows my mind. How did we let Hugh Hefners biggest competitor for the title of "Pimpin This Lifestyle" be our president?!!!!!!!!!

• It's a long way from an Atari ST and a sampler cartridge that's for sure.

I do miss those guys though ... built in MIDI ports, genius design at the time ...

My challenge is making the most of what I have instead of hopping onto the next shiny thing.

• @bedheadproducer said:
    @OscarSouth said:

You're funny! I did not say that this was the only thing in life that is blowing their minds. Different people get their minds blown by different things. What is amazing to some is just a "so what ?" to others.

What blows my mind even more than this, is that we have Donald Trump as our president. I'm not saying anything pro or con about the guy politically..I'm just saying the fact he got to live the crazy life he did AND also be president, has a wife 30 years younger than him, is very vindictive and can't help but spit venom in anyone's direction if they say anything negative about him, instead of refraining and taking the high road because he's had it all.....what most of us will never have.....and on top of that....is fucking president....blows my mind. How did we let Hugh Hefners biggest competitor for the title of "Pimpin This Lifestyle" be our president?!!!!!!!!!

"No one in this world, so far as I know ... has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."

Oh...and Russian collusion.

• @bedheadproducer said:
    ....blows my mind. How did we let Hugh Hefners biggest competitor for the title of "Pimpin This Lifestyle" be our president?!!!!!!!!!

Dude, laughing and crying at the same time. (Not to encourage the topic. Be careful. Politics has been a trigger leading to accounts banned here)

• @bedheadproducer said:
    @OscarSouth said:

There are a lot of topics that I actively avoid these days, this is example #1

Music is awesome and a music studio in my pocket is the future I wished for!

• What blows my mind is that there are people who still look at an iPhone as a “ phone”.
    It is a computer. The “phone” part is just legacy tech.

• @CracklePot said:
    What blows my mind is that there are people who still look at an iPhone as a “ phone”.
    It is a computer. The “phone” part is just legacy tech.

The phone feature is what I use the least.
    I'm curious if we will continue to use the term "phone" as we still do with "dial"

• The only thing that seems to crash my "phone" is ....er........using it as a phone! Everything else seems to work really well......kind of annoying, but nothing that a soft re-set can't cure. ;)

• It‘s hard to make a call on a phone these days....

• @Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:
    ....blows my mind. How did we let Hugh Hefners biggest competitor for the title of "Pimpin This Lifestyle" be our president?!!!!!!!!!

Dude, laughing and crying at the same time. (Not to encourage the topic. Be careful. Politics has been a trigger leading to accounts banned here)

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

I was more making a point that there’s plenty to be amazed at . And I didn’t mentions the mans politics at all, just his public persona , which could even be different than his actual personality . I’ve just never in my life seen someone so , over the top , as a president . And if after 4 or 8 years he somehow fixes a lot of shit , I cold care less if he is a dick or not . Whether that’s what we needed remains to be seen ... again I’m not talking republican or Democrat .... I’m talking about a celebrity that got his kicks by firing people on tv and saying “ your fired “ I don’t automatically hate people who are willing to act a certain way. I’m just commenting on observable behavior ... that doesn’t seem presidential to me based on our history , not what I think is wrong or right . I know it sounded like I was talking shit about the guy , but I admire a man , asshole or not , that grabs life by the horns and makes it all the way to being president . Like them or not , I admire all of our presidents in that regard . So I ain’t dissing or endorseinf either party . I’m not a politician but I find people fascinating , especially those that are not the norm and he isn’t . Again I was trying to make a point that o never said there aren’t other things to my Amazed and astounded about .... I’ll never bring up anything even remotely political again and refuse to argue on that subject . Thanks for the warning thought ;)

• Without ‘minds’ the title just makes us cavemen laugh :D

• edited October 2018

Double post wibble.....

• @bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

I was more making a point that there’s plenty to be amazed at . And I didn’t mentions the mans politics at all, just his public persona , which could even be different than his actual personality . I’ve just never in my life seen someone so , over the top , as a president . And if after 4 or 8 years he somehow fixes a lot of shit , I cold care less if he is a dick or not . Whether that’s what we needed remains to be seen ... again I’m not talking republican or Democrat .... I’m talking about a celebrity that got his kicks by firing people on tv and saying “ your fired “ I don’t automatically hate people who are willing to act a certain way. I’m just commenting on observable behavior ... that doesn’t seem presidential to me based on our history , not what I think is wrong or right . I know it sounded like I was talking shit about the guy , but I admire a man , asshole or not , that grabs life by the horns and makes it all the way to being president . Like them or not , I admire all of our presidents in that regard . So I ain’t dissing or endorseinf either party . I’m not a politician but I find people fascinating , especially those that are not the norm and he isn’t . Again I was trying to make a point that o never said there aren’t other things to my Amazed and astounded about .... I’ll never bring up anything even remotely political again and refuse to argue on that subject . Thanks for the warning thought ;)

Well, I will say it then.
    The President is an embarrassment.
    100% narcissist.
    0% empath.
    Speaks and acts like a middle-school bully.

And I didn’t say shit about parties, left/right, or politics, either.
    I just commented on his public persona as well.

• @bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

He's a sociopath who was born rich and entitled. So unlike most sociopaths, he never had to develop the skill of mimicking normal and socially acceptable behavior in order to function in society.
    Since he seems somewhat intellectually delayed, he possibly would not have been able to successfully mask himself anyway.

• @bedheadproducer all good, I got your original point, which is why I chuckled

@JeffChasteen @CracklePot uhh...yep, which is why i cried

can we drop it at that before another thread gets closed? A this point I think everyone's made up their own mind on how they'll vote next time around.

Now lets all take out the marvelous iOS gadgets in our pockets and blow peoples minds.

• edited October 2018

• @CracklePot said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@Hmtx said:

@bedheadproducer said:

Well, I will say it then.
    The President is an embarrassment.
    100% narcissist.
    0% empath.
    Speaks and acts like a middle-school bully.

And I didn’t say shit about parties, left/right, or politics, either.
    I just commented on his public persona as well.

I agree; you said nothing about politics or policy, but only personality (or lack thereof)

Even if you had said he was Hitler without the personal charm or work ethic, it would have still been within that tightly defined area.

• @Hmtx said:
    @bedheadproducer all good, I got your original point, which is why I chuckled

@JeffChasteen @CracklePot uhh...yep, which is why i cried

can we drop it at that before another thread gets closed? A this point I think everyone's made up their own mind on how they'll vote next time around.

Now lets all take out the marvelous iOS gadgets in our pockets and blow peoples minds.

Ok.
    I checked me self.
    B)

• INB4BA.....

Oh.....no one is blowing any one in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.