Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Interview on iPad Pros podcast

Hi! FYI, I recently did an interview with Tim Chaten, host of the iPad Pros podcast. We talk about the history of Audiobus, iOS, and the future of Audiobus including new features I’m working on right now. Listen on Apple Podcasts at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ipad-pros/id1264565547?mt=2#episodeGuid=5baffa250b40205f7dac4635 or https://ipadpros.net/2018/10/04/episode-35-audiobus-3-with-michael-tyson/

Comments

• BenBen
    edited October 2018

Just finished listening to the interview. Really excited about midi learn with state save in the next version if I heard correctly. Had no idea that Samplebot was created for a Jimmy Fallon bit. I love that app. Bridging the gap for me until Loopy Pro hits but stands on it’s own too.
    Haven’t tried individual tracks of Loopy into multiple pipelines in AB but I will now. Waiting to see if there will be a new iPad Pro upgrade. My Air 2 struggles when I get too greedy with processing.
    I’ll have to revisit Fugue Machine listening to you sing it’s praises.
    Good work @michael. Exciting stuff happening.
    Oh and nice shout out to the forum.

• Hardware midi support sounds brilliant best break out my nano controller.

• Great to hear the bigger picture. Michael, you sounded way more positive and optimistic than I thought. Infectious.

• Thanks guys =)

• Congrats. Haven't listened yet but browsing the episodes, looks like you're in good company. Oddly looking forward to my next commute!

• When is Fallon going to do a segment with three to five of the world's best live loopers all jamming together live using Loopy and LINK?

And then Michael on the couch afterward. :smiley:

• I know, right?

• Enjoyed the podcast. Made me realize that I have missed the videos you used to make to give a peek into what your are working on.

• The future of iOS looks secure . Makes me wanna stick with it vs laptop

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Enjoyed the podcast. Made me realize that I have missed the videos you used to make to give a peek into what your are working on.

Ah yeah I feel bad about that. Just didn't have the time to make the damn things; and got a bit put off when a fellow developer basically threatened me with his bogus patent after seeing me talking about playback.

• edited October 2018

@Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Enjoyed the podcast. Made me realize that I have missed the videos you used to make to give a peek into what your are working on.

Ah yeah I feel bad about that. Just didn't have the time to make the damn things; and got a bit put off when a fellow developer basically threatened me with his bogus patent after seeing me talking about playback.

This might be a reason why total transparency is not the best idea. Be it when you prepare a product, build an extension or talk to the kids about santa.

• Hehe, yep

• @Michael said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Understandable, but for what it's worth (and what else is The Forum if it isn't a research petri dish of sorts?) I enjoyed the vids too if'n you ever get a Wednesday afternoon hour etc. :)

• edited October 2018

Thanks =) (sadly, they tend to take a whole day to make, often!)

• @Michael : You were a jazz trombonist? Slide Hampton lived in my building for years and I rapped on the first pro recording date Chris Potter ever made.

• Very enjoyable interview, and I too miss getting those occasional Vlogs from you.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.