Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Electribes: Types and Differences

There seem to be a few types and styles for electribe.

I saw some other Rhythm thing from Korg looking like an electribe.

I noticed the new metallic ones on the company site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=98&v=94DViygBaP0

What is different about these then prior? Besides cosmetic.

So there is the electribe sampler and electribe classic, right?

Which do you prefer and why?

Do you use it with iOS devices as well?

How much less of a functioning device is the Volca Sampler vs the Electribe Sampler?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Yes, BDAY and HoLiDays approach so we need to think about what we will ask Santa for.

Comments

• The 'Sampler' version has fewer 'Synth Waveforms'(Ie. just a few basic wave-forms) and 'Filter Models'.
    Factory samples are also different between the models...

Most of the samples in either Electribe 2 model can be found inside Gadget and it's IAPs.

Even though I do have the Electribe 2 (non sampler) I seldom use it as it's easier to use the iPad...

• @Samu said:
    The 'Sampler' version has fewer 'Synth Waveforms'(Ie. just a few basic wave-forms) and 'Filter Models'.
    Factory samples are also different between the models...

Most of the samples in either Electribe 2 model can be found inside Gadget and it's IAPs.

Even though I do have the Electribe 2 (non sampler) I seldom use it as it's easier to use the iPad...

Great point.

Never thought of it that way.........

Oh hai Oprah.

"AW HAH" moment attained.

I guess the Mono Station may be my best bet.

I can't think of a "Groovebox or Synth" under $450 other than.......

There are some modular types I guess but need to think.

NI are all $500 up I guess as well but that is all samples anyway....

Shit.

• I have the Sampler 2 and love it as a machine. even if I don't use the sampler it is a 16 track polyphonic sequencer. I use it to sequence BassStation 2 and Mininova.
    It works well with circuit via MIDI Clock sync, and Circuit can send program change to it so you can change patterns in sync. The Kaoss pad is useful too. I have many fruitful hours using this and circuit together.
    One great thing about the sampler is that if you have multiple SD Cards you can have a different machine 'personality' on each, and change the personality just by swapping the SD card.

Workflow is very similar if not the same as GrooveRider and Electribe Wave. No song mode on the Sampler 2 and that needs to be done using pattern chaining.

Usual Electribe niggles (Electribe Wave has the same) if you have a song made up of multiple patterns and you want to change a parameter on something, you have to go through all of your patterns and make the same edit.
    5 Pin MIDI only (no USB MIDI) so connection to iPad requires 5 Pin MIDI sockets.
    Sample editing is all 'by ear' as there is no waveform display.

@Samu you can load your own single cycle waveforms to get more 'synth' sounds....
    I tend to use the iPad more than the Circuit and Electribe due to no wires etc (I'm working on a solution to that though)....BUT I much prefer the 'enjoyment' and end results of using the hardware.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Samu you can load your own single cycle waveforms to get more 'synth' sounds....
    I tend to use the iPad more than the Circuit and Electribe due to no wires etc (I'm working on a solution to that though)....BUT I much prefer the 'enjoyment' and end results of using the hardware.

I know, was thinking more about the 'pre wired' oscillator types that are not present in the Electribe 2 Sampler as well as the different filter models that are only present on the non-sampler version.

Prior to Korg blocking the option to swap firmwares on the Electribe 2 (to make the 'regular' Electribe 2 work as the 'Sampler' version) I did give it a spin. It's NOT a fast machine to work with when it comes to samples and sampling and memory gets cleared on power-off which is a real bummer.

My old Electribe ES-1 retains it's memory when turned off and is quite good for a real lo-fi crunch :)

• @Samu said:
    My old Electribe ES-1 retains it's memory when turned off and is quite good for a real lo-fi crunch :)

That one was the best. Too bad I burnt mine :disappointed:
    I still have an Sampletrak and SP-404, but don't get the same juice I used with the ES.

@RUST( i )K The volca actually is called Volca Sample. It does not sample, but plays samples :wink: You have to use android, ios or desktop to edit and load samples into it.
    But as far as I know, it has a nice workflow, relatable to the old ES-1. And very crunchy