Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iSEM as an AU & CC64 -- Please help!

I am having difficulty using my sustain pedal with iSEM loaded as an Audio Unit in Audiobus. I have also tried other hosts such as AUM and Garageband. I've contacted the Arturia Support team and they've said it should work fine. Would anyone mind confirming to me that this is/is not the case? As far as I can tell, iSEM as an Audio Unit does not receive CC64 at all. (The standalone app does, however.)

Appreciate it! I don't have any friends with this app, so I hope someone here can help.

Comments

• I just tried this in AUM and couldn't find sustain/damper in the midi-learnable parameters.

I know @syrupcore is a big fan of iSEM so maybe he'll have a chance to drop by and let you know if it's possible or not.

• I can confirm. Sustain isn't a mappable parameter. In the standalone it just works, regardless of MIDI mapping, but it doesn't in the AUv3 and there's no way to map it.

There are several controls that cannot be assigned in the AU version:
    -In both you can control the Modulation Matrix amounts, however in the standalone you can also remotely control the selection of the Source and Destinations for each modulation. This isn't possible in the AU.
    -in the AU you have no remote control of the Voice Programmer. In the standalone, you can remotely control every parameter of the Voice Programmer (Global On/Off, Direction, voices 1-8 on/off, programmers 1-8 on/off, programmer parameter selection and the levels for every voice for every programmer.
    In fact, the standalone has a lot more parameters available for mapping than the 128 CCs per channel.

There are two things that the AU can map that can't be mapped in the standalone: the fine pitch for each VCO.
    There's no way that I've found to keep the fine pitch popup windows open when entering MIDI Learn mode in standalone. In the AU it's directly available to map.

• Thanks @aplourde.

I have to let Arturia know they're wrong on this one...

• @aplourde said:
    I can confirm. Sustain isn't a mappable parameter. In the standalone it just works, regardless of MIDI mapping, but it doesn't in the AUv3 and there's no way to map it.

-In both you can control the Modulation Matrix amounts, however in the standalone you can also remotely control the selection of the Source and Destinations for each modulation. This isn't possible in the AU.
    -in the AU you have no remote control of the Voice Programmer. In the standalone, you can remotely control every parameter of the Voice Programmer (Global On/Off, Direction, voices 1-8 on/off, programmers 1-8 on/off, programmer parameter selection and the levels for every voice for every programmer.
    In fact, the standalone has a lot more parameters available for mapping than the 128 CCs per channel.

There are two things that the AU can map that can't be mapped in the standalone: the fine pitch for each VCO.
    There's no way that I've found to keep the fine pitch popup windows open when entering MIDI Learn mode in standalone. In the AU it's directly available to map.

Great stuff, thank you.

@cnsg_music As a test, what happens if you send CC64 to iSEM from something like Rozeta LFO? If it will respond to it, you might be able to use something like MIDIFire to do some remapping in order to get your sustain pedal to work.

• edited October 2018

@syrupcore
    As per your suggestion, I tried Rozeta LFO feeding CC64 into iSEM... to no avail. Seems more and more that I'm just not going to get this thing to work. Hard to believe everyone using iSEM as an AU is okay with no use of a sustain pedal...

• @aplourde said:
    I can confirm. Sustain isn't a mappable parameter. In the standalone it just works, regardless of MIDI mapping, but it doesn't in the AUv3 and there's no way to map it.

Hey, @aplourde , does this really mean that everyone who is raving about how great iSEM is as an AU aren't using their sustain pedals on their keyboard at all? That's so hard to believe.

I keep feeling like I must be doing something wrong!? Arturia has assured me THREE times that it works fine on their end. No matter what I do (different presets, MIDI mapping, etc), I cannot get it to work.

Please confirm again...for my sanity...