Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OSCILAB - Still A Fantastic & Cool App - Tutorial for the iPad

I do love this app for many reasons and one of those is that it still works on iOS 12...great stuff

Comments

• It's a gem for the guys here that are into experimental and randomized compositions.
    And it has its own sound engine plus full MIDI sync support.

• Man, I love watching these videos when someone just knows an app so well and can just fly on it. Doug you obviously love this one and shows. Why did I never hear about this app!? Looks like it would fit in well with my iPad 2 lunch time ramblings. Thanks!

• @kinkujin It’s very easy to use and seriously epic entertainment

• This is a great one. Still relevant for me :)
    Have even considered getting the android version for my cellphone :smile:

• I was wondering what was going to show up on this Friday. Everything is new again!

I'm a sucker for a great workflow and the video sure makes it look logical and fast. Of course, learning things helps that too.

• @rs2000 said:
    It's a gem for the guys here that are into experimental and randomized compositions.

The synth engine is actually adequate
    Great FX panels and performance mode
    Easy to chain patterns
    Great stock samples actually

Easy to route to an app like Sampletank for a full assault !

R2 me and you!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@rs2000 said:
    It's a gem for the guys here that are into experimental and randomized compositions.

The synth engine is actually adequate
    Great FX panels and performance mode
    Easy to chain patterns
    Great stock samples actually

Easy to route to an app like Sampletank for a full assault !

R2 me and you!

I shall use it more often, if only for controlling other synths.

• Very underrated app.

• Hi, does it have Abelton Link. ?

• I've managed to modify some sounds on the sampler bank, changing some of the clasical instruments for more synths. but is hard cause the banks come only with the nunber for a notes not with the note letter. Anyway it works.

• @heischi said:
    Hi, does it have Abelton Link. ?

If anyone still cares: Nope, but it can send and follow MIDI Clock well.

@1pepe: How?

• well, is on the free release on android, if you play it on your computer (with nox for example) you can get an app that changes sound banks from games. then the wav files apear and you can load new ones if you dont change the name. is a user hack, dont need hard knowing or code. I was thinking of geting more classic synth sounds as moog or dx style, plus better guitars. if you are interested on making new sondbanks tell me to share it.

• Oscilab has been quite forgoten by the developers but i think that it deserves some atention from hackers to improve it. for example is a quite interesting tool on composition help, cause you can make melodies over the long 8 sequences. so having more than 8, could be interesting from the composition side. other idea is to change the direction of the reproduction and have diferent velocity for each instrument (1/2, 1/4) this would make oscilab capable of generate fuges, as Bach (is not an app is Johan Sebastian) :D

• It’s on sale right now. Does it works on IOS 13 or is broke?

• @Charlesalbert said:
    It’s on sale right now. Does it works on IOS 13 or is broke?

Works fine on latest iOS 13 on my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9

• @Charlesalbert said:
    It’s on sale right now. Does it works on IOS 13 or is broke?

Seems to be working fine over here...

• I don’t think the devs will add any new features (they recently launched Aphelian) but really hope they can keep it alive thru iOS compatibility updates

The app is great

• @Korakios said:
    I don’t think the devs will add any new features (they recently launched Aphelian) but really hope they can keep it alive thru iOS compatibility updates

The app is great

Our plan is to keep it alive.
    :)

• @JuanB said:

@Korakios said:
    I don’t think the devs will add any new features (they recently launched Aphelian) but really hope they can keep it alive thru iOS compatibility updates

The app is great

Good. It's a really interesting app. Underappreciated is my guess. Slept on somewhat etc.

• Thanks for bringing this up. Really well thought app. Like it!

• @JuanB said:

@Korakios said:

The app is great

I prefer Oscilab to Aphelian. It’s much easier and quicker to get sequenced sounds out of it you like. I also prefer the interface and the graphics. It all feels more responsive and more like a musical instrument. I wish you had developed on this rather than Aphelian.
    Any chance of Ableton Link at least?

• edited November 2019

I just love Oscilab. Would love to see it get more attention. For some reason I can just fly in that thing, not to mention it's tremendous fun to be in. However, I understand dev resources are finite.

• edited November 2019

Felt compelled to share this. The first track I've posted here on the forum. The 2nd thing I threw together in Oscilab. Mixed with headphones so there's that. Enjoy.

• @kinkujin Nice. That gets itself going in a good swing. Can't say Summer really IS gone here in Austin yet, but my friends in Maine and New York are already talking about their wood stoves... :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @kinkujin Nice. That gets itself going in a good swing. Can't say Summer really IS gone here in Austin yet, but my friends in Maine and New York are already talking about their wood stoves... :)

I'm one of those NYers with the heat on! Thanks for listening.

• @JuanB said:

@Korakios said:

The app is great

... but not on Android?

App has disappeared from Google Play store and I can't reinstall on my android phone.

I'm quite cross about this actually (wasn't cheap) and will not be buying again on ios, even at sale price.... That'll show 'em 😉

... and my one man crusade to punish the dev means I won't buy his new app either!