Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Touchable PRO is out!

Comments

• @Iso said:
    @cblomert...........Does the Studiomux sever work at the same time as the Touchable sever, or do they conflict with each other? I would like to be able to run them together, or is that expecting to much? Great work by the way :)

That works perfectly! We've had them both running at all times. Using this you can e.G. connect a midi controller to the computer, forward it to the iPad with studiomux and use it in touchAble Pro to switch views etc. while also using it in Live directly.
    Check the Midi page in the settings, there's a bunch of different controls you can map via midi.

• @cblomert said:

@Iso said:
    @cblomert...........Does the Studiomux sever work at the same time as the Touchable sever, or do they conflict with each other? I would like to be able to run them together, or is that expecting to much? Great work by the way :)

That works perfectly! We've had them both running at all times. Using this you can e.G. connect a midi controller to the computer, forward it to the iPad with studiomux and use it in touchAble Pro to switch views etc. while also using it in Live directly.
    Check the Midi page in the settings, there's a bunch of different controls you can map via midi.

That's great to know.............thanks! :)

• I’ve just been getting back into Ableton again
    I am interested in this but not sure I understand the app fully yet
    Does anybody know of a good YouTube video?

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    I’ve just been getting back into Ableton again
    I am interested in this but not sure I understand the app fully yet
    Does anybody know of a good YouTube video?

This is the official Youtube promo vid: (Not sure if anyone has made an in-depth tutorial yet)

• What are limitations of iPhone version?

• we have another video here:

To get a real clue what you can do with the app, i would recommend checking out the full manual:
    https://zerodebug.com/touchable/touchAbleProManual.pdf

it's probably a bit dry of a read but gives the full picture :)

• @cblomert said:
    we have another video here:

To get a real clue what you can do with the app, i would recommend checking out the full manual:
    https://zerodebug.com/touchable/touchAbleProManual.pdf

it's probably a bit dry of a read but gives the full picture :)

I’ve just looked at manual but don’t find this info: are devices templates also available on iPhone?

• @cblomert I have the older version installed. When I click update it says item no longer available. Also. What happened to modstep2 ? D:

• edited October 2018

Been playing around on it tonight and I'm seriously impressed. Set up was incredibly simple. The interface is easy to understand and the functionality is insanely deep. The midi instruments are a lot of fun to play on and as someone with a launch key but not a push I don't think the push would add any functionality touchable doesn't already take care of... at least not $700 worth. Been torn between a push and a Moog grandmother for my next big purchase down the road and it looks like this thing might answer the question for me.

Serious thank you @cblomert you guys knocked it out of the park with this one.

• @bedheadproducer said:
    I can't help wonder how many people are performing using Live in their bedroom, hoping to one day get out there and get recognition or make some money, vs people actually using it to perform with live. I guess that question could be asked about musicians in general. I wonder what part of the market share the dreamers and dabblers make up, compared to the actual working musician. Then there are those out there performing but losing money, those that used be out there but couldn't really make a good living so they retreated to day jobs and make music at night after work. I don't think we've ever had a time in history with this many musicians, so the competition is unfathomable. I know a few broke virtuosos....oh well, I guess one can just wonder where it's all headed. Sorry for the right turn...I know this post is about touchable....which I own, but not yet the new version.

Interesting, you think the number of musicians has gone up? You could be right based purely on the knowledge that leisure time is increasing but idk, I bet the % of humans playing music is prob the same as it has always been.

Long live the bedroom producer! Those who bring a purity of soul to their craft without greed, ambition, or envy. The ones that make music without the corruption of money, those are the guys I root for.

• edited October 2018

How does ‘Capture and Insert Scenes’ work’?

• @shiftsynth1 said:
    Been playing around on it tonight and I'm seriously impressed. Set up was incredibly simple. The interface is easy to understand and the functionality is insanely deep. The midi instruments are a lot of fun to play on and as someone with a launch key but not a push I don't think the push would add any functionality touchable doesn't already take care of... at least not $700 worth. Been torn between a push and a Moog grandmother for my next big purchase down the road and it looks like this thing might answer the question for me.

On the flip side. Touchable Pro makes a fantastic addon to the push 2. With this two I can basically close my laptop screen and enjoy. As much as I love my iPad it can't replace physical buttons pads and knobs.

• edited October 2018

Idiot question #1
    This thing works only on Ableton, right?
    Less idiotic question::
    @cblomert : Will you be making this to work with other DAWS?

• @Telstar5 said:
    Idiot question #1
    This thing works only on Ableton, right?
    Less idiotic question::
    @cblomert : Will you be making this to work with other DAWS?

Yep only works with Ableton Live. And probably will stay that way.

• Not going to lie. Didn't initially see what Pro would bring over v3 until I fired it up on a iPad 3 and a 6s simultaneously. Loaded up a Mad Zach Kontakt multi-instrument and Battery 4. Good Lord. Adjusting the auto filter on one device while playing iso pads on the other. Messing with the notes in the piano roll. Yeah, well worth $30, especially when you're spreading that cost across 3-4 devices that go back as far as IOS 9.3. All in sync.

You can get in work with just the phone (though you might want to break out a stylus in that case).

Well done.

• So will there be a bundle with the older version to reduce the update price for existing users @cblomert?

• Does anyone knows how long Touchable PRO will be discounted?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    Does anyone knows how long Touchable PRO will be discounted?

Where did you hear it was discounted? At €32,99 I would be very surprised if it was an introduction price. It doesn’t say anything like that in the App Store description.

• @cblomert said:
    PS: We will put more focus on modstep very soon :)

That's what I wanted to hear!!

• @cblomert

This is the Indian App Store. Please fix this :(

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@shiftsynth1 said:

On the flip side. Touchable Pro makes a fantastic addon to the push 2. With this two I can basically close my laptop screen and enjoy. As much as I love my iPad it can't replace physical buttons pads and knobs.

Yeah def still crave a push 2, just not sure I can justify the price for the functionality. Tactility is not a big enough feature to me to justify $700

• edited October 2018

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    @cblomert

This is the Indian App Store. Please fix this

we are trying! already in contact with apple about this.
    in the meantime: you can update via your purchased apps page! :)

• edited October 2018

@cblomert Any idea what the full price will be, & how long the introductory price will run for? cheers.........

• @cblomert

Its broken via purchased tab as well. It just doesn’t work for me :(

• We just need a version of Ableton Live on the iPad then we would need 2 wired boxes to carry around to make tunes.

• ok, let's say that it's introduction price> @Munibeast said:

@MAtrixplan said:

Where did you hear it was discounted? At €32,99 I would be very surprised if it was an introduction price. It doesn’t say anything like that in the App Store description.

it is. they answered me in PM on FB that this intro price will be through first few weeks

• @MAtrixplan said:
    ok, let's say that it's introduction price> @Munibeast said:

@MAtrixplan said:

it is. they answered me in PM on FB that this intro price will be through first few weeks

It would be nice to know what the full price will be, & how long the introductory price will last for. Any ideas?

• edited October 2018

If you use Ableton Live at all and use iOS...this is the cheapest solution to a non laptop intergrated experience you can get...aside from the Push2...and they work really well together fwiw.

If you don't really use Ableton Live, but dabble...it's your call...but a good call to get even better at it imho :)

This does for me everything Lemur promised but never delivered on for my workflow.

• @gonekrazy3000 have you had a chance to play with it yet?

I have a Push 2 and was curious how the simpler/sampler templates in Touchable compare to the slicing workflow on Push 2? Push is crazy fast at slicing long tacks then converting to drum rack and adjusting pitch and individual elements. Might get this if they are comparable..

• @bounce said:
    @gonekrazy3000 have you had a chance to play with it yet?

I have a Push 2 and was curious how the simpler/sampler templates in Touchable compare to the slicing workflow on Push 2? Push is crazy fast at slicing long tacks then converting to drum rack and adjusting pitch and individual elements. Might get this if they are comparable..

Sadly I had to leave on my trip just a week after I got beta access and at that point my studio gear was packed up for storage. I'll be back mid November so will try it out then.