Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why did I buy this again?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer/U-Phoria-UM2-1418053829813.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp9Lijbrt3QIVj7rACh3VTQ01EAQYBSABEgJxfPD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^57619015002-device^c-plaid^143950183482-sku^1418053829813@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

So, I got it from SWEETWATER.

I ordered it.

I don't remember why. Pathetic.

I am thinking for the Pocket Operator for a fuller sound input because the signal is so weak.

What else can one do with this?

I already have a mixer and Audiohub interface.

So I thinking for POs, an iPad, or a MIC into the mixer which output goes into the audio interface.

No buyers remorse.

Just buyers confusion due to impulse purchase..

Take you cheap shots now.

LOL

Comments

• I don’t have any technical advice but if all else fails, maybe subconscious you wanted to gift it to someone all along

• @pedro said:
    I don’t have any technical advice but if all else fails, maybe subconscious you wanted to gift it to someone all along

Maybe.

No better feeling than to give someone something they like and appreciate .

You near Florida....LOL

• Here is the set up as it now sits. I need to finish wiring in monitors and build the second level for multi tier desk but this is the line up for the near term.

• I'm confused by that. It has a mono out? A single RCA jack?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm confused by that. It has a mono out? A single RCA jack?

It has a hold on let me go take a pic

• @RUST( i )K said:
    You near Florida....LOL

My cunning plan is rolling out nicely rubs hands

• I think my idea was POCKET OPERATOR SUB it into my MacBook (Albeton) and that I wanted to just route the pocket operator thru this interface into Ableton via USB.

That audio then goes to the mixer with he rest of the noise and items.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm confused by that. It has a mono out? A single RCA jack?

I think the logistics of the plugs are what is making me pause here.

• @pedro said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    You near Florida....LOL

My cunning plan is rolling out nicely rubs hands

BWUAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHHA.

Trick or Treat.

• I thru it in the MacBook USB and Ableton and it registered.

But, I couldn't get the audio from the PO into the Ableton.

I am in a hurry but I thought it should have worked.

Maybe I need to do something else.

I did the AUDIO/MIDI settings and it looked fine.

I don't know. Aggravating especially since I don't know why I really wanted this exactly.....LOL

• @RUST( i )K said:

I think my idea was POCKET OPERATOR SUB it into my MacBook (Albeton) and that I wanted to just route the pocket operator thru this interface into Ableton via USB.

Oh, I get. I was expecting 1/4" speaker outs.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I think my idea was POCKET OPERATOR SUB it into my MacBook (Albeton) and that I wanted to just route the pocket operator thru this interface into Ableton via USB.

Oh, I get. I was expecting 1/4" speaker outs.

Not for 30 bucks! LOL

That is why I think I bought it for the PO alone

I figured WTF if it pumps up the ole Pocket Operators

• Well, @RUST( i )K you could have bought the better one for $129.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, @RUST( i )K you could have bought the better one for $129.

But why do I need it again?

• @RUST( i )K I think the Four Noble Truths are your path. How about the fifth noble truth: 30 day return policy.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Here is the set up as it now sits. I need to finish wiring in monitors and build the second level for multi tier desk but this is the line up for the near term.

Bro I bet you keep your weed in that little tin on top the crate
    Must be some good weed to forget why you bought something :D

• @RUST( i )K said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Well, @RUST( i )K you could have bought the better one for $129.

But why do I need it again?

I just got one in yesterday. I needed it to run a mic directly into my Mac via USB. Works fine especially for the price.

• dunno, but its a shame you don't have room for another iPad ;)

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Here is the set up as it now sits. I need to finish wiring in monitors and build the second level for multi tier desk but this is the line up for the near term.

I’ve still got the little bit of plastic protector on my Launchkey too.

• sold my Launchkey and got the AKAI mpk49. I'm convinced I got a good sale price cuz I still had the little bit of plastic protector on my Launchkey.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @RUST( i )K I think the Four Noble Truths are your path. How about the fifth noble truth: 30 day return policy.

I may just have too.....LOL

• @Hmtx said:
    sold my Launchkey and got the AKAI mpk49. I'm convinced I got a good sale price cuz I still had the little bit of plastic protector on my Launchkey.

Gotta wrap it for safe playing

• @MonzoPro said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I’ve still got the little bit of plastic protector on my Launchkey too.

Great minds think alike!

• @ruggedsmooth said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Bro I bet you keep your weed in that little tin on top the crate
    Must be some good weed to forget why you bought something :D

LOL

I am clean many years my friend.

It is this:

http://reactable.com/product/rotor-controller-set/

• @Hmtx said:
    sold my Launchkey and got the AKAI mpk49. I'm convinced I got a good sale price cuz I still had the little bit of plastic protector on my Launchkey.

Rather the AKAI?

How come why or why not?

THANKS

• The AKAI had a bigger plastic protector so I had to upgrade. :lol:

Actually, the Novation just felt cheaper (which it was about half the price) and I was never extemely happy with the feel of the keys. I jumped on a "stupid deal of the day" with musiciansfriend and got the AKAI for $170, then sold the Novation for $100 on ebay.

It was totally worth the $70 upgrade for me. The AKAI keys, pad, knobs, faders all feel more solid and durable. And there are lots of other little factors, like 5-pin MIDI in/out, external expression pedal, massive layers of software settings for channel/ MIDI message/ arpeggiator... It just felt like pro gear and has been a lot easier to make quick setups with iOS apps.

The MPK 249 is the new version, with LED drum pads. That came out right after I bought the older MPK49, which has gray pads. so that is the only downside to the deal I got.