Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks Interesting but need a demo :)
    And no AUv3, if it had that would be downloading now....

• @Carnbot said:
    Looks Interesting but need a demo :)

Oh c'mon now, you know we want you to :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Carnbot said:
    Looks Interesting but need a demo :)

Oh c'mon now, you know we want you to :)

I do as well ;) Actually it looks as though they have some pedigree in desktop apps, so maybe some here may have some words to speak of and recommend.

• Whenever something like this is released now and isn't an AU MIDI plugin, it just makes me think that the developer is completely ignorant to the scene they are trying to sell to, most likely not true, but that is always my first thought.

• Does this have Virtual Midi? Only mentions WiFi and external gear, but you never know.

• Ah, Audiomodern

• @CracklePot said:
    Does this have Virtual Midi? Only mentions WiFi and external gear, but you never know.

Yes

• Hi Guys, thank you so much for your interest in Riffer. The official release date is tomorrow and the App comes in VST & AU format as well. Official page along with videos will be live in a few hours. Appreciate your patience, hold tight and enjoy!

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hi Guys, thank you so much for your interest in Riffer. The official release date is tomorrow and the App comes in VST & AU format as well. Official page along with videos will be live in a few hours. Appreciate your patience, hold tight and enjoy!

You really gotta watch out for @flo26. The man unearths every new/interesting music app on the app store. = )

Congrats on the release. Looking forward to more info.

• @Audiomodern said:
    Hi Guys, thank you so much for your interest in Riffer. The official release date is tomorrow and the App comes in VST & AU format as well. Official page along with videos will be live in a few hours. Appreciate your patience, hold tight and enjoy!

I downloaded because I liked elements of the U.I. and am a sucker for MIDI sequencers.

However, on iPhone XS, it only covers about 80% of the screen. So that will be need to be addressed. Some of the control buttons, like the settings button, are almost comically small. Reminds me of some of the sugar bytes apps that aren’t ported for iOS properly.

Also, I did not see how the app was AU compatible. It did not appear in AUM. That’s a bit unfair, however, given that we are 2 years+ into AU and there still isn’t a piano roll AU MIDI sequencer that I can think of. Rozeta doesn’t have one, and Xequence isn’t AU Midi.

• Can’t get it to work...

• Perhaps he was referring to desktop AU not iOS?

• edited October 2018

@Audiomodern said:

Working great for me. Enjoying Riffer driving @brambos Troublemaker and Phasemaker in AUM. It’s a great idea generator. Only suggestion so far is the ability to tie different notes to get those 303 slides and some accents! :D

• @anickt said:

@Audiomodern said:

Working great for me. Enjoying Riffer driving @brambos Troublemaker and Phasemaker in AUM. It’s a great idea generator. Only suggestion so far is the ability to tie different notes to get those 303 slides and some accents! :D

This doesn’t do the trick?

• @brice said:

@anickt said:

@Audiomodern said:

Try it. It only ties adjacent notes. You need an overlap or tie between different notes to get a glide/portamento effect.

• @anickt said:

@brice said:

@anickt said:

@Audiomodern said:

Try it. It only ties adjacent notes. You need an overlap or tie between different notes to get a glide/portamento effect.

Regardless I am getting some very cool stuff out of this!

• edited October 2018

Here is a video of a related audiomodern product. Not sure how similar they are. I’m about to buy now, anyway:

• @Audiomodern said:

Great news hope you will be porting a lot of your AU/ VST plugins to iOS. Can't wait! :)

• @anickt said:

@brice said:

@anickt said:

@Audiomodern said:

Gotcha. I don’t have the app, but thanks for the description as I was curious about that function.

• Huihuihui, if he really makes this an AUv3... well, we’re getting there. This looks like a really nice midi sequencer/ piano roll type of thing. Cool. Let’s see which AU he means :)

• geared towards any particular kind of music?

• @kobamoto said:
    geared towards any particular kind of music?

dude, it's a riffer. you know, for when you need some riffage

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@kobamoto said:
    geared towards any particular kind of music?

dude, it's a riffer. you know, for when you need some riffage

• edited October 2018

Just bought..Hope there’s a good manual and some video.
    @johnfromberkeley , I wish he’d have demoed the video w a better sound..
    I could see @bedheadproducer doing a video on this.

• @Audiomodern : Is there a manual?

• @Audiomodern Can’t get it to trigger bugger all at present iOS 12 Bug ?

• @Kkani has a manual link above.

I think I might just hook this up with Future Drummer- then sit back and wait for something I like🤫