Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nanostudio 2 update

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mindscaper said:

@hansjbs said:

@mindscaper said:

@gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :lol:

I don’t think there is any deception

This dev always does what he says unlike intua who promised universal BM3 and are not even communicating with customers

Touché

I think @mathieugarcia is doing exactly what he said he would. I’m going to keep the faith because, well, it’s more fun that way. :wink:

That was 7-8 months ago

I see there is some anxiety from some regarding the update and no doubt many would have emailed or pm’d him and thus far no reply

Only thing from him is some tweet about needing graphics for a new project

Kind of rude don’t u think?

If I saw anxiety in my customer base I’d communicate back

Rude? I don't think so. Maybe there's a personal reason for this.

Lol

In the real world there is something called customer service and media relations

A customer has the right to enquire about the product and the merchant ( dev) should feel obliged to answer

I guess the AB forum is media and very public, so it behooves developers ( at least the polite ones with a conscience) to interact

As far as personal reasons go, what could those possibly be to withhold info or not be courteous to reply?

A couple of weeks ago I sent an email to a friend who is very well known and very busy, I forgot about it until just today he replied with an apology and that he will get back to me asap

For me, that is gentlemanly behaviour

All intua have to say is something like “ hey, we apologise but are busy but will keep you informed as soon as we can “

I’m sorry to ramble but I do not give god like status to any dev, especially indie devs

It’s a principal centered thing dude

What @Turntablist said above is also my answer to you. @mathieugarcia is not a friend of yours or is he?

• @mindscaper said:

@hansjbs said:

@mindscaper said:

@gusgranite said:

@mindscaper said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@mindscaper said:

@wim said:
    And then the dopes who bitch about all the “hype” as if the developer pumped it up himself. I kinda wish everyone would cool it just a little.

Nothing wrong here, people just happy and excited about something good

If anyone gets irritated then that is a sad thing

Irritation comes after release when hype turns into deception... or when release delays another bunch of months aka year
    Almost this time we can enterntain us at ebay if the thing goes the second path :lol:

I don’t think there is any deception

This dev always does what he says unlike intua who promised universal BM3 and are not even communicating with customers

Touché

I think @mathieugarcia is doing exactly what he said he would. I’m going to keep the faith because, well, it’s more fun that way. :wink:

That was 7-8 months ago

I see there is some anxiety from some regarding the update and no doubt many would have emailed or pm’d him and thus far no reply

Only thing from him is some tweet about needing graphics for a new project

Kind of rude don’t u think?

If I saw anxiety in my customer base I’d communicate back

Rude? I don't think so. Maybe there's a personal reason for this.

Lol

In the real world there is something called customer service and media relations

A customer has the right to enquire about the product and the merchant ( dev) should feel obliged to answer

I guess the AB forum is media and very public, so it behooves developers ( at least the polite ones with a conscience) to interact

As far as personal reasons go, what could those possibly be to withhold info or not be courteous to reply?

A couple of weeks ago I sent an email to a friend who is very well known and very busy, I forgot about it until just today he replied with an apology and that he will get back to me asap

For me, that is gentlemanly behaviour

All intua have to say is something like “ hey, we apologise but are busy but will keep you informed as soon as we can “

I’m sorry to ramble but I do not give god like status to any dev, especially indie devs

It’s a principal centered thing dude

I look at small indie operations like this (making apps principally for hobbiests) as being like a band. I don't know when the next single, EP etc will be coming and if I were to email a band about it and not get a response when they already said they are working on it, then so be it. Now for something like Unity or the Unreal Engine where tons of people are making a paycheque based on their software with livelihoods and oodles of dollars hanging in the balance, then yah my expectations tend to be different. But for this? I think the acknowledgement of bugs in the current version and pretty frequent posts on the Intua forum have been more than adequate.

• @Turntablist said:
    In the real world you paid for a product you received and you have no rights at all to question any developers behaviour beyond that.

As far as personal reasons go, what do they have to do with you if they are personal.

A couple of weeks ago i sent a friend an email, he still hasn’t replied, do i have a right to whine, no, why, because as you said, real world.

There are a lot of users enjoying the product they purchased and not acting entitled like some developer somewhere owes them a conversation of free update, that is gentlemanly behaviour.

Its a principle centered thing dude.

That applies to all developers, not just Intua, reading posts like the one above, why would anybody dedicate time to developing for IOS.

Lol
    Good counter post but..

People do have the right to question anything and anyone- it’s called freedom of speech.

You said “why would anybody dedicate time to developing for IOS”, after reading posts like mine?

I’m simply questioning and concluding based on facts

On this forum I see loads of dissing of devs if they don’t release apps with certain features

I am not actually dissing if you read what I’m saying, I’m expressing a lack of trust and so have some others

That’s all

• Nano studio and beatmaker were first apps i purchased back in the day
    And i seemed to complete more back in the day, i guess waste time learning the apps that just keep coming out every week.
    When ns2 didn't drop at xmas i was disappointed
    But now i am at peace, and happy to wait till it is ready
    I have so many apps, that i can just wait and still make music with so many fantastic options, it will arrive when its ready
    If its as solid as ns1 then i rrckon most will be happy
    My money has been set aside and will patiently sit there till blips wallet is ready to receive
    Bm3 and ns2 will hold hands on my home screen
    Fingers crossed there will be a
    Make a number 1 hit button in the corner
    But just visible for me !!

• BM3 might still be the better tool if you mainly use samples (but that could be also wrong).
    I got BM3 for free and tested it when i had the iPad Pro but for some reason i never get warm with it and like BM2 still much more on an iOS device.
    So i might be a bit scared that NS2 is almost also too complex and complicated to use on a device where i really want simplicity and instead fun instead of a full blown do it all workstation crippled into a mobile device with a smartphone OS.
    But when i see all the screenshots and post from the developer i think it is indeed the closest i could have to my main DAW on mac like Logic. It can go really deep but as it´s core you have a simple GUI and layout where you just need to use simple things if you want and can dive in deeper if you like.
    BM3 is very very different from Bm2 while i think that NS2 is really similar to the good old NS1 workflow with the option to dive in much deeper and add more if you like and feel ready to explore.
    Of course just another personal meaning. At the end i hope both developers do well and Intua and Blip Interactive are both important developers for the iOS music scene.
    I just feel a lot more home with Blip Interactive´s way of things.

• @mindscaper I’m not going to step
    into this ‘debate’, just want to point out that you’re citing some incorrect ‘facts’ across your posts based on what limited information and exaggerated rumours on the topic are available on this board alone.

• @OscarSouth said:
    @mindscaper I’m not going to step
    into this ‘debate’, just want to point out that you’re citing some incorrect ‘facts’ across your posts based on what limited information and exaggerated rumours on the topic are available on this board alone.

Here’s the facts:

Intua announced forthcoming iPhone version on day of BM3 release

It’s been well over a year now

I got some messages telling me that despite numerous attempts at emails that intua are not replying

I feel sad for those who bought the app thinking that soon an iPhone version is coming

Intua are now silent about 3.1 update despite these threads and people trying to connect with them

For me, I got BM3 when it was free so I’m not concerned and I tried it on iPad but for me, gadget is boss until NS2 comes

I’m happy for those that are happy

That’s all I’ll say

It’s ok on this forum for members to slam devs when on initial release things like link and AUV3 or ab are not featured

But why is it not ok to QUESTION intua?

Seems like cult dynamics lol

I’ll jot comment further cause I’m not into flame wars 🙏🏻

• @mindscaper that’s weird. I got in contact with Mathieu and he responded quicker than I thought. I had no issues. He’s all over social media so anyone can reach him and so far everyone that I know that did got a reply. There’s a reason why he’s silent, no cult no flame wars needed just patience.
    The app works and people are still making music with it. Go on the intua forum and FB page people are making music instead of asking where’s the next update. Are there some left over bugs and features needed yes no denying that but they’re not show stoppers. My problem is why every thread about a mention of BM3 gets like this. Most of these threads end up being closed because of useless back and forth which is not necessary.

• I'm anxious for an update to BM3 because it's so damn good. I actually never expected that functionality from an iOS device. It just seems a little bit of a waste to leave it in it's current state for so long.

But NS2 I did not know about. It looks really nice!

• @AudioGus said:
    I look at small indie operations like this (making apps principally for hobbiests) as being like a band. I don't know when the next single, EP etc will be coming and if I were to email a band about it and not get a response when they already said they are working on it, then so be it.

Very good.

• The NS2 screenshots look cool - Ive not seen any “drum pads”screenshots though - I hope there will be some (4X4) 16 pads with pad banks

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:
    I look at small indie operations like this (making apps principally for hobbiests) as being like a band. I don't know when the next single, EP etc will be coming and if I were to email a band about it and not get a response when they already said they are working on it, then so be it.

Very good.

Agreed

• @stormbeats said:
    The NS2 screenshots look cool - Ive not seen any “drum pads”screenshots though - I hope there will be some (4X4) 16 pads with pad banks

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11961

• @Cib said:

@stormbeats said:
    The NS2 screenshots look cool - Ive not seen any “drum pads”screenshots though - I hope there will be some (4X4) 16 pads with pad banks

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11961

Cool - thanks for link

• edited October 2018

Interesting recent post from Blip re: NS2

“Nothing wrong with an iPad Air 2 - that's the newest iPad I have. One of the demo songs has about 22 tracks, 20 instruments, 30 insert FX and it runs at around 25% CPU with a 2.9ms buffer size.”

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @anickt said:

“Nothing wrong with an iPad Air 2 - that's the newest iPad I have. One of the demo songs has about 22 tracks, 20 instruments, 30 insert FX and it runs at around 25% CPU with a 2.9ms buffer size.”

Woah

• Impressive!

• @anickt said:

Having come from NS1 many moons ago I’m not shocked. Matt doesn’t fuck around. I recall being able to load up 16 channels full of Eden and TRG16 loaded up with samples and my iPhone 5 didn’t even blink

• Blip speaks:

“Yep, all code work will be wrapped up by November. I need to do a final pass on the content and I'll need to attend to all the boring stuff like the user manual, website and forum update but it'll be out this year.”

• @anickt said:
    Blip speaks:

“Yep, all code work will be wrapped up by November. I need to do a final pass on the content and I'll need to attend to all the boring stuff like the user manual, website and forum update but it'll be out this year.”

My dog makes a happy 'huffing' noise when he is truly content. I just made the same noise.

• ...and the office closes for a week at XMas this year... prrrrr...

• @icsleepers said:

@anickt said:

Having come from NS1 many moons ago I’m not shocked. Matt doesn’t fuck around. I recall being able to load up 16 channels full of Eden and TRG16 loaded up with samples and my iPhone 5 didn’t even blink

Dude optimizes

• @anickt said:

Ahhhhhhhh :) :) :)

• I have already sent my begging letter to Santa.

• edited October 2018

Haven’t touched my iPad in months, only things that keep it around are Samplr and this app. I am so pumped to finally use this app. Not getting too excited just yet, Blip announced it was ready last year too. Some of the greatest things I’ve ever created on iOS were on NS1. The app makes you forget you are using an iPad and you get lost in the music (just like Samplr coincidentally)

• edited October 2018

@mireko_2 said:
    Haven’t touched my iPad in months, only things that keep it around are Samplr and this app. I am so pumped to finally use this app. Not getting too excited just yet, Blip announced it was ready last year too. Some of the greatest things I’ve ever created on iOS were on NS1. The app makes you forget you are using an iPad and you get lost in the music (just like Samplr coincidentally)

Yeah, I felt déjà vu big time when I read Blip’s latest post. I’ve been looking forward to Nano 2 since he announced there would never be audio tracks in Nanostudio 1! He really has a lot of competition now in the 50 quid/dollar etc range and I hope he hasn’t missed the boat.

• edited October 2018

@AtticusL audio tracks will be not in initial release, but they are planned for for update (as IAP) after release...

also first relese will be iPad only but later after release there will be update which will turn app to universal - so it will run also on iPhone...

it will not took too long after first release cause Matt wrote that he have also big portion of iPhone version resdy , just need a little bit UI polishinh here and there...

of course no ETA on those upades.. but they will come, sooner or later :-)

• @AtticusL said:

@mireko_2 said:

Yeah, I felt déjà vu big time when I read Blip’s latest post. I’ve been looking forward to Nano 2 since he announced there would never be audio tracks in Nanostudio 1! He really has a lot of competition now in the 50 quid/dollar etc range and I hope he hasn’t missed the boat.

Sound like me haha, I’ve been following this from the beginning too :)

I’m not too fussed about the audio tracks not being in initial release. I have most of the big iPad daws and they frustrate me, I end up just using reason or Ableton on desktop. NS1 was just so slick, worked so well. I like to keep iPad projects self contained so not fussed about any of the audiounit iia stuff either. The powerhouse synth, the sampler, and 30+ fx units is enough for me. Though will be nice to load an au3 to sample actually...

Also the fact it’s going to have Ableton link is really cool too, link up hardware to sample into it.

I’m buying it whether it’s 20,30, or 50 $

I’ve waited this long for it I’m not going to worry about the price haha

Hopefully Matt makes his money’s worth, I got a hell of a lot of use out of NS1 so I’m ahead anyway

This discussion has been closed.