Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

apeMatrix: big update incoming

Some great new features on it's way, including 2 new Audio Unit apps, stay tuned :)

Comments

• nice ... great app

• Care to 'tease' a bit more? :D
    (I'd be surprised if it's not some kind of sequencer based on Mood's XLFO and an another one to draw automation curves).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’d better not say unless it’s rejected by Apple or something, but shouldn’t be long to wait hopefully. But no it’s not a sequencer.

• Gee, interesting. Exciting. I love a mystery but ... c'mon!

• Audio/Midi Effects?
    Generators/Synths?
    More Analysers?
    Looper?

• I wonder, is it a "game changer"? :smirk:

• A channel strip...

• edited October 2018

AUv3 randomizer????

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I wonder, is it a "game changer"? :smirk:

Over at Sonic State "Paradigm Shift" has become the new "Game Changer" ! :D

• @Iso said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Order of magnitude!

• edited October 2018

@Iso said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Bloody hell. :lol: Was the term "paradigm shift" made popular by a major Youtuber who got excited over something, teased it as something huge everybody and their mother would use to craft music (including claiming "an airtight NDA"), the "paradigm shift" turning out to be something insignificant that only 1% of us would get daily usage out of, thereby giving redefining the term "paradigm shift" as an ironic term to be bandied about in jocularity? :smiley:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Iso said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Bloody hell. :lol: Was the term "paradigm shift" made popular by a major Youtuber who got excited over something, teased it as something huge everybody and their mother would use to craft music (including claiming "an airtight NDA"), the "paradigm shift" turning out to be something insignificant that only 1% of us would get daily usage out of, thereby giving redefining the term "paradigm shift" as an ironic term to be bandied about in jocularity? :smiley:

Way to peel back the onion! :smiley:

• edited October 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Iso said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Dunno....but you have to admit that the adoption of the term "Paradigm Shift" has to be regarded as a bit of a Game Changer! ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Iso said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Way to peel back the onion! :smiley:

• that would be awesome !> @d4d0ug said:

wonder if the sampler / sample player is getting enhancements ?!

• With Alessandro authorization, a short teasing video of mysterious new apeMatrix AU.... B) :)

• The cat's out of the bag :)
    To some it won't be so significant, but to others it's quite a big thing.

• This might help illustrate too:

• @Carnbot said:
    This might help illustrate too:

Nice, Parallel effects processing by using the same 'send' on multiple destinations...
    This could potentially be a 'memory hog' as I suspect it uses 'shared memory' to route the audio meaning more busses will eat more ram :)

• Thats just one new auv3 isnt it? More spoiler plz

• @Richtowns said:
    Thats just one new auv3 isnt it? More spoiler plz

I read it as two separate plug-isn one the sends (ApeOutput) and one that receives the audio(ApeInput).

• edited October 2018

It’s a new AU which makes apeMatrix even more powerful, with 16 ports/busses which allow audio routing from instance to instance. It’s included in apeMatrix, but works in ANY host... Very generous Alessandro add!! there are also lot of other improvements and added features in this ApeM update :)

• edited October 2018

Another teasing, new apeMatrix AU in ... GarageBand :)

(Sorry for the light, made this quickly...)

• edited October 2018

@Janosax said:

Cool! I will try this for sure with the GarageBand Sampler!
    At least this will hopefully make it easier to 'convert' Midi to Audio without having to merge tracks :)
    (Btw. What iPhone size is that, 'regular' or 'plus'?).

• edited October 2018

@Samu said:

@Janosax said:

Cool! I will try this for sure with the GarageBand Sampler!
    At least this will hopefully make it easier to 'convert' Midi to Audio without having to merge tracks :)
    (Btw. What iPhone size is that, 'regular' or 'plus'?).

This is a 7 Plus, really a good size for most iOS music apps :)

In GB it’s needed to add a « blank loop » with no sound, this allow GB AU send receive « return bus » track to activate, just like in the video. It’s possible to make this blank audio file with AUM for example.

This AU also works excellently in Audiobus I must say!!