Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lorentz „- Spectra -“ Preset Bank v1 (free)

While other AB forum members worked on Volt presets in june, i started to build a bank in Lorentz instead.

Why Lorentz ? I really like all the IceGear synths, but this was the One i rather ignored over the years and it got an AU update some time ago. Its internal structure is more limited than the newer icegear synth but it features a resonator than can make a strong contribution to the overall sound. So i played around and new presets with different moods flew in with ease.

Instructions

Download directly and choose open in Lorentz.

The version 1 preset bank contains 57 presets that will show up in a „- Specta - “ folder.

Have fun playing or modifying the presets :)

Comments

• Nice, thanks :)

• Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks and wonderful. I’ve just started my own sounds for Lorentz too - only at 16 sounds so far though lol

• Very nice and usable presets. Thanks a lot for this.

• Great sounds, particularly the pads and strings, thanks

• Great presets. Thanks very much for sharing.

• edited October 2018

I no longer need to feel bad about never using Lorentz. Because these presets have me reconsidering the utility of this synth. Well done and thanks!

• You are a ⭐️

• Lovely ! Muchas Gracias !!!

• @_ki said:
    While other AB forum members worked on Volt presets in june, i started to build a bank in Lorentz instead.

Why Lorentz ? I really like all the IceGear synths, but this was the One i rather ignored over the years and it got an AU update some time ago. Its internal structure is more limited than the newer icegear synth but it features a resonator than can make a strong contribution to the overall sound. So i played around and new presets with different moods flew in with ease.

Instructions

Download directly and choose open in Lorentz.

The version 1 preset bank contains 57 presets that will show up in a „- Specta - “ folder.

Have fun playing or modifying the presets :)

Very kind of you.

I look forward to examine your work.

• Thanks for these!

• These are very nice presets @_ki . Thank you for your generosity.

• edited October 2018

Nice presets. Thanks a lot. ✌️

• Thanks for these. Very kind!

• Yeah much appreciated, very nice work :)

• Nice job!

• Obviously a lot of thought/care goes into creating each of these. How about the names of the presets? Do these things just pop into your head?

• @_ki
    Thanks mucho for these, the bank really demonstrates the coolness of the synth, lots of gems here

• Thanks @all for the kind feedback.

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Obviously a lot of thought/care goes into creating each of these. How about the names of the presets? Do these things just pop into your head?

The first batch of about 25 presets i did in june are more special to me - playing each of them in certain ways brought up the feelings that were then reflected in the preset name.
    I tweaked the presets itself a lot, each of them went through several iterations until i decided which of the versions to pick. So the naming part was easy for these.
    As english is not my native language i used deepl.com to find better alternatives for the simpler words i initally had in mind to descibe the feelings i get when playing a presets. I tried to pick the more uncommon word suggestions and to be not too repetitive with the adjectives.

The other half was mostly done in august - with more experience with the sound engine i just needed an idea and then could sculpt the sound. For the last 10 presets or so its was getting harder to come up with new sounds that are different enough to the presets i already did. Maybe if i hear/see the stuff that others did with Lorentz i will get new ideas..

• @_ki

This made Lorentz really come to life. You have demonstrated its immense potential.
    I love the bass-sounds. Thanks.

• Thanks for these.

Lorentz tends to get passed over when I need subtractive synthesis; I usually reach for iSEM or Zeeon as I find them richer sounding. But these presets are nice, and considering how much more efficient Lorentz is, I definitely need to revisit it!

• Good sounds cheers.

• edited October 2018

@Kühl said:
    @_ki

This made Lorentz really come to life. You have demonstrated its immense potential.

Couldn’t agree more with this. @_ki you’ve really tapped into the power of this synth! Thanks a million for sharing

• Thanks and bump :-)

• Thanks for the presets & the bump

• @_ki They sound wonderful, thank you.

• @_ki : excellent. Tx!

• Excellent. Thank you

• These are amazing! Can’t believe I missed this thread originally but really thrilled to have these great presets now! Thank you ki 😎

• Nice! Glad to see people checking this out, among my favorite presets I've found on this forum.