Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bad news for iphone 10 Xs

Now they’re coming after our lightning ports...

Comments

• iPhone 11 and new iPad will have USB-C, problem solved

• @greengrocer said:
    iPhone 11 and new iPad will have USB-C, problem solved

I hope you’re being sarcastic :|

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@greengrocer said:
    iPhone 11 and new iPad will have USB-C, problem solved

I hope you’re being sarcastic :|

Why?

• It will most likely be fixed with a firmware update but imagine if it’s caused by some sensor that can’t be updated.

• I was just thinking about this over the morning... Aside people like us which use lightning for usb audio midi interfaces who is going to use the cable for... sync? ATM the vast majority of users are syncing by cloud or wifi and cable is just for charging so the plug free future could be happening since Apple seems more focused on make isolated from water devices than true computer replacement
    Maybe they bring some kind of wifi dock but latency is probably the worst con to that. If this happen we are pretty doomed and find platform replacement will be a must.

Who knows... maybe Apple is anticipating no more musicians in the world? :trollface:

• edited October 2018

It's a security feature that can be turned on/off - USB accessories allowed/not to wake up your device.

• USB-C would be a welcome addition as long as we get full support for mass-storage devices and charging from USB-C hubs (most include USB-A ports as well) meaning no more need for CCK dongles...

• @Samu said:
    USB-C would be a welcome addition as long as we get full support for mass-storage devices and charging from USB-C hubs (most include USB-A ports as well) meaning no more need for CCK dongles...

Like a dream

• I would be surprised if Apple provided useful / transparent support for mass-storage devices. Over charging for in-device storage as always been part of their equation. No SSD slots, only allowing import of photos and music from the CCK, etc. It's obvious they have always wanted to make it difficult to use external storage.

However, third parties are getting better at finding workable ways around this, so maybe they'll see the writing on the wall and open things up (although I bet with some annoying limitation).

Love to be wrong on this one as always!

• @Samu said:
    USB-C would be a welcome addition as long as we get full support for mass-storage devices and charging from USB-C hubs (most include USB-A ports as well) meaning no more need for CCK dongles...

It would be hilarious if we get a USB c port and absolutely no support for non apple approved accessories.

• edited October 2018

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Samu said:

It would be hilarious if we get a USB c port and absolutely no support for non apple approved accessories.

Which is exactly what will happen, there are 3rd party CCK now, nobody in their right mind would rely on one for connecting to a USB interface though, that is Apples crocking style.

People think it will be better with USB C, but all that will happen is that Apple will release a USB C to USB convertor cable, the same price as the CCK, you still have the dongle, Apple still gets money for nothing and purposely crocks "Non certified" cheap converters, exactly as they do now.

Same s%%t different port.

• The concern over this glitch is understandable, but as a brand new XS (not XS Max) owner, I'm not worried about it all, and there are several reasons:

(1) This really seems like a software issue with iOS12, versus a "Hubble Telescope" problem where it has to be fixed with hands on the device. I can't say that for sure, but it doesn't make sense that they've been making the same Lightning jack for years and then suddenly introduced a hardware defect where one never was before.

(2) I've had the phone for 2 weeks and haven't charged by Lightning cable once yet. In fact, the support for 10w Qi wireless charge is far and away my favorite feature of the new phone, and even more than the bigger screen, camera, etc., it's the one feature that make it feel "next gen" over my prior phone (6s). My wife and I have matching charging pads from RavPower ($27) and they are great. There's some stuff floating out there that wireless charging degrades the battery faster, but I've seen as much debunking that concern as I have supporting it.

(3) Related to #2, I HATE the Lightning jack. It and the battery are the primary failure points on older devices. My 6s would barely take a charge after 2.5 years of using that thing because the jack was screwed up. So they need to get a rid of it and either go to USB-C, all wireless, or whatever.

All that said, I was highly critical of removing the 3.5mm jack from phones, and it does make me less interested in using the PHONE for music making, as opposed to an iPad. However, Bluetooth and the quality of Bluetooth headphones have made this basically a non-issue for me in terms of music listening, and I could use a BT keyboard and the 3.5mm Lightning dongle for headphones if I really wanted to make music on the device.

• @StormJH1 said:
    The concern over this glitch is understandable, but as a brand new XS (not XS Max) owner, I'm not worried about it all, and there are several reasons:

(1) This really seems like a software issue with iOS12, versus a "Hubble Telescope" problem where it has to be fixed with hands on the device. I can't say that for sure, but it doesn't make sense that they've been making the same Lightning jack for years and then suddenly introduced a hardware defect where one never was before.

(2) I've had the phone for 2 weeks and haven't charged by Lightning cable once yet. In fact, the support for 10w Qi wireless charge is far and away my favorite feature of the new phone, and even more than the bigger screen, camera, etc., it's the one feature that make it feel "next gen" over my prior phone (6s). My wife and I have matching charging pads from RavPower ($27) and they are great. There's some stuff floating out there that wireless charging degrades the battery faster, but I've seen as much debunking that concern as I have supporting it.

(3) Related to #2, I HATE the Lightning jack. It and the battery are the primary failure points on older devices. My 6s would barely take a charge after 2.5 years of using that thing because the jack was screwed up. So they need to get a rid of it and either go to USB-C, all wireless, or whatever.

All that said, I was highly critical of removing the 3.5mm jack from phones, and it does make me less interested in using the PHONE for music making, as opposed to an iPad. However, Bluetooth and the quality of Bluetooth headphones have made this basically a non-issue for me in terms of music listening, and I could use a BT keyboard and the 3.5mm Lightning dongle for headphones if I really wanted to make music on the device.

Well. Regarding the lightning port my 3.5 year old air2 still works with no issues. Even use the same cable that came with it. So maybe the build quality for the port is better on iPads ?

• I've stopped watching the click-bait videos from the 'Unbox Theraby' dude.
    He needs therapy for sure as his mindset is always negative, he has never anything positive to say about the stuff he 'reviews'.

• edited October 2018

my iPad Pro 2015 is charging weird on iOS 12, I can say that much.

[edit:] not sure if I would call this video click-bait. But it was a waste of my time... 9 minutes watching what i could have got in 30 second reading this article: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/29/iphone-xs-and-xs-max-chargegate/

• @Turntablist said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Samu said:

Which is exactly what will happen, there are 3rd party CCK now, nobody in their right mind would rely on one for connecting to a USB interface though, that is Apples crocking style.

People think it will be better with USB C, but all that will happen is that Apple will release a USB C to USB convertor cable, the same price as the CCK, you still have the dongle, Apple still gets money for nothing and purposely crocks "Non certified" cheap converters, exactly as they do now.

Same s%%t different port.

Interesting thought

• @Samu said:
    I've stopped watching the click-bait videos from the 'Unbox Theraby' dude.
    He needs therapy for sure as his mindset is always negative, he has never anything positive to say about the stuff he 'reviews'.

Disagree. This guy gives a voice to people who have serious problems with hardware they purchased. With his enormous following he can put extra pressure on companies to speed up solutions. It looked for example that Apple did nothing with his bend gate story. But the next iPhone that came out was nearly unbendable.
    btw I see especially much hate towards him on Apple forums and fansites arguing he's just an Apple basher. But this is totally not the case, he's for example at the moment also investigating the case of exploding Samsung S9 (not on YT but on his Twitter account). You may not like his style but I think it's important that their are people like him.

• iPhone 10x, can’t afford it. Problem solved.

• Paying for a phone... wtf?

• https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/02/ios-12-1-charging-bug-fix/

Good news, supposed to be fixed in iOS 12.1 software update.

• See, I'm not trying to be a troll but honestly, this guy from UT is kinda annoying and unnecessarily extra with his antics. "OMG it's so weird... it's the end of the world, lemme make a long ass 9 minute video about this".

Meanwhile...

@Hmtx said:
    https://www.macrumors.com/2018/10/02/ios-12-1-charging-bug-fix/

Good news, supposed to be fixed in iOS 12.1 software update.

I think most logical thinking folks could have guessed that it was a software flaw and not "they’re coming after our lightning ports..."

Sincere apologies to the OP if you were actually being sarcastic. My sarcasm detector needs calibration this month.