Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app. Analyser & Tuner AUv3 Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• edited September 2018

I have their Panning Delay and quite like it. I’m going to take a look at their bundles.

PS - got the Essentials bundle. Very nice reverb and graphic EQ in addition to the delay. Reverb sounds a lot warmer than some of the others I have.

• I jumped on it immediately as I’ve been clamoring for an AU analyzer since forever. I like it so far with only a few nitpicks. It’s hard to be too critical of it because I’m damn happy it even exists. BUT, I do wish the graph was horizontally scalable to expand focus on specific frequency ranges. And while having a tuner is certainly helpful, what we really need on this platform is a correlation meter. I’m amazed at just how destructive some FX apps can be to the phase of a signal when I use Logic to analyze. I digress.

If you’re looking for a dedicated AU analyzer then I think this is your only option (?). But it’s also nicely built and does its job well.

• @brice said:
    I jumped on it immediately as I’ve been clamoring for an AU analyzer since forever. I like it so far with only a few nitpicks. It’s hard to be too critical of it because I’m damn happy it even exists. BUT, I do wish the graph was horizontally scalable to expand focus on specific frequency ranges. And while having a tuner is certainly helpful, what we really need on this platform is a correlation meter. I’m amazed at just how destructive some FX apps can be to the phase of a signal when I use Logic to analyze. I digress.

If you’re looking for a dedicated AU analyzer then I think this is your only option (?). But it’s also nicely built and does its job well.

Does it also include an oscilloscope?

I've really grown fond if this one on the desktop...
    https://www.meldaproduction.com/MOscilloscope

• I'm fine with ApeFilter because EQ and spectrum go together.
    Or, even cheaper, Audio Evolution's fantastic Toneboosters EQ if you can stay inside AEM.

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:

@brice said:
    I jumped on it immediately as I’ve been clamoring for an AU analyzer since forever. I like it so far with only a few nitpicks. It’s hard to be too critical of it because I’m damn happy it even exists. BUT, I do wish the graph was horizontally scalable to expand focus on specific frequency ranges. And while having a tuner is certainly helpful, what we really need on this platform is a correlation meter. I’m amazed at just how destructive some FX apps can be to the phase of a signal when I use Logic to analyze. I digress.

Does it also include an oscilloscope?

I've really grown fond if this one on the desktop...
    https://www.meldaproduction.com/MOscilloscope

Unfortunately it does not.

Here are the available view options:

Need to find some info on “Mixer Mode” as I’ve no idea what this one is used for. It’s oddly tilted above / below 0db across the frequency range.

• ApeMatrix includes an Oscillopscope AU with 3 mode

• Scope - Cool but missing trigger settings (like start on positive zero-crossing)
    • XY - You can see the phase here (or draw shapes when doing oscilloscope music)
    • Spectral - Shows the frequency spectrum. It would be cool if one had a ‚key‘ reference or could click on a spike for its freq

• @_ki said:
    ApeMatrix includes an Oscillopscope AU with 3 mode

Yepp and it's quite nice too :)

What I like about the Melda Oscilloscope is that it does frequency analysis of the incoming signal and shows one 'cycle' of the wave regardless of the incoming pitch. The 'frequency span' on which analysis is done can be selected, so it grabs the strongest fundamental of the incoming signal and bases the 'window size' on that.
    (Sonicstate uses the Melda oscilloscope on most of the videos where they show analog waveforms).

• Nice. I have been waiting for an au tuner :)

• 4pocket says it’s part of an upcoming suite, so hopefully more goodies are forthcoming.

• @Samu said:

@_ki said:
    ApeMatrix includes an Oscillopscope AU with 3 mode

Yepp and it's quite nice too :)

What I like about the Melda Oscilloscope is that it does frequency analysis of the incoming signal and shows one 'cycle' of the wave regardless of the incoming pitch. The 'frequency span' on which analysis is done can be selected, so it grabs the strongest fundamental of the incoming signal and bases the 'window size' on that.
    (Sonicstate uses the Melda oscilloscope on most of the videos where they show analog waveforms).

Maybe the iOS apps by Twiddle Factor by Sascha Bienert are what you want?
    twiddlefactor.de/apps/

• Since ive only heard a couple people actually buying these, I gave the reverb a chance, figuring what the hell, since I'm unsatisfied with any AU reverb. Still unsatisfied :'(

• Instabought! Spectral analyzer I've wanted? Check. AUv3? Check. Works on the iPhone as well? Yes, check! Can't believe it's only $5.99. Bloody steal.

• Are there any other sample clips out there for these apps? I’m interested in the Vintage Vibe app (based on the app’s description of a “Uni-Vibe”-like tone) but I can’t find SoundCloud links or YouTube demos anywhere, virtually none for ANY of the 4Pockets apps!

• edited February 2019

can this be used to tell you the lufs of the final output from master?

• @gregsmith said:
    can this be used to tell you the lufs of the final output from master?

Well I bought it and the answer is: ‘no it doesn’t’

Currently I have to mixdown the wav, then open in grand finale to see the lufs. Is this the only way?

• edited April 2019

So yes, LUFS are now in and LUFS are awesome.

Anyway, warning: running Analyser on 9 tracks in Cubasis (for some down n dirty (cough) ‘mastering’) caused my mixdown to lock up Cubasis. Deleting all of the instances of Analyser allowed it to mixdown nice and smooth.

That is all.

• AnalyserFX is crashing in AUM after just a little while of sitting idle. Happens on both our iPads. Anyone else?

• @soundshaper said:
    AnalyserFX is crashing in AUM after just a little while of sitting idle. Happens on both our iPads. Anyone else?

This sounds like the similar issue compared with other apps. If you can get a reproducable project, please send to jonatan of AUM to have a look.

• edited May 2019

I am going to be putting together some albums and want to equalize volumes between tracks. This will do the job? How is it placed in the routing chain? WHow do you access and use the LUfS tool? @AudioGus? Thanks?

• edited March 2020

Can you change reference pitch or master tuning something like A=444 or A=432 on the tuner?
    Anybody have this app and use the tuner ?

• Still trying to find out if you can set master tuning.

• @Optahealth Looks like 440 only? Don't see more options.

• @Optahealth I've looked everywhere in the app.. I'd say NO at this point.. I'm guessing it's set at A=440 and that's it.. no options..

• Can it tune to 420 ? :smiley:

• Wish I woulda looked at this thread before I bought. This app is useless to me without 432hz referencing

• For some reason I can never get the tuner to be on my side

• Anyone find out anything about " mixer mode" ?

• How do I get LUFS metering to work in the 4Pocket's plugin?

• @ocelot said:
    How do I get LUFS metering to work in the 4Pocket's plugin?

Use the start and stop buttons

• Thanks @jolico.
    Looks like it's around 3db lower than Pro-L 2 (Integrated loudness measurement mode) and what Sound Forge tells me.