Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - September 2018

124»

Comments

• @icsleepers said:
    Alrighty, a little Blocs Wave / Launchpad and 100% Gadget under the hood here. This isn’t my favorite of the set but it’s one of the more well received ones. I really took advantage of that Korg summer sale :mrgreen:

Was that some sort of guitar sample running through that track? Very suggestive of relentless rainfall in the city. Loved the combination of that, the EP and the sublime vocal, which is the thing that worked best for me, especially in the quieter sections. Everywhere else the drums were too loud, busy and brittle sounding for my taste, but that’s my criticism of the entire genre, so what do I know? Perfectly in keeping with the style as it is though. Well done. :smile:

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Loved the atmosphere of this song. If I had to make changes I would back off the kick a little and raise the hi hat and cymbals, as the extra interest they provide gets lost, especially once the other parts start up. With regard to the vocals, you have a Pet Shop Boys vibe going on and as such your intonation is just fine, except at the end of each line when you drop a 3rd during the last word. That tends to be where the vocal control isn’t always so precise, but imagining it as precise as I can, I’m not sure it’s an interval that works well at the end of the line anyway. It might have been better just to go straight for the lower note. Otherwise, great. :smile:

Now that's what I call feedback! Thanks for the thoughtful comments.

• @crony said:
    Hi !
    I haven't posted here for a long time, so here's a new track !
    https://choon.co/tracks/6acu3frmoh/the-futur/

Hope you'll like it !

I’m afraid I lack a common frame of aesthetic reference to comment constructively on this other than to say it seems to have been skillfully mixed.

• @studs1966 said:
    Vocals from the free site "Looperman"....

I’m not a lava of disco, but this sounds like a totally professional example of it to my ears. Well done. :smile:

• @Eriko said:

Little late to the game, but anyway here it is.

Really liked this. I spent the whole track dreading the moment you would bring in a relentless drum track to go with the kick pulse and loved the fact that you never did. I liked the way it all evolved gradually throughout, the only thing I would have done differently is to start fading out the first section of EP chords a bit earlier and do so more gradually. Otherwise, very nice. :smile:

• @mjcouche said:
    Here’s my first post for SOTMC. It’s a song I wrote a number of years ago, called Fallen Fathers. It is not an iOS track, but posting this track is helping motivate me to create more on iOS. Thank you all for listening, and many thanks to all of you for your insights here on this forum.
    https://choon.co/tracks/0k5530ze734/fallen-fathers/

Good energy. Put me in mind of The Jam. I’d have recommended the backing harmony vocals be sung in a slightly more relaxed manner compared to the lead and I’d have faded out the song on the repeating keyboard part rather than have an end note, but that’s just me. Did it get released at the time?

• @Denzkps said:

I loved the quieter, more atmospheric bits which for me is where the interest lies. Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of this genre because it requires the louder, less interesting parts to be dominant for much of a song. It sounded like you achieved what you were going for though, so well done. :smile:

• @TheOriginalPaulB Thanks! Great feedback I appreciate it. I honestly cannot remember what that sample is lol, I ended up taking a bunch of different samples across tracks and fed them into Abu Dhabi in Gadget and just.... destroyed them.

• edited September 2018

@NoiseHorse said:

Ok haven’t posted here in years, honestly I feel like the quality of songs posted is so professional that I’m intimidated to post, but then I figured what the heck. Really from the richardyot’s first track on down every tune this month is awesome! Congrats to each of you.
    This is a one-take on all tracks and opened up the Mic not knowing what I was going to sing, lyrics or melody so there’s that. It’s about my 14-month old daughter making up an original name for me because she wants to call me “Da Da” & “Daddy” at the same time. I was too thrilled not to sing.

Great sentiment, well done on improvising your way through the vocal take. I lost my 23 year old daughter earlier this year, so cherish yours and give her all the love you can. None of us are here forever. With regard to the recording, I feel that some of the parts are fighting each other. The drums and keyboards are both quite busy, but the timing of the keyboard part is a bit loose, which for a rhythm track isn’t helping. Generally, If you can get rhythm parts such as bass and in this instance keyboards to be tight with the drums, you can then allow other more textural parts to be looser. Here the guitar and vocals could probably be left as they are for a relaxed feel. Having praised your improv skills, your vocals could definitely use some tuning help, perhaps with the Autotune app, which isn’t expensive and would be capable of improving the pitching of the vocals without sounding too artificial if you’re subtle with it. After that, you just need to look at the frequency ranges of the various parts and use some EQ to make sure parts don’t overlap too much in the lower to mid frequency bands. Overall, good first effort, don’t be put off, you’re at the stage where improvements will come quickly. :smile:

I lost my 23 year old daughter earlier this year, so cherish yours and give her all the love you can.

Very sorry to hear that, I absolutely cannot imagine the loss of a child, that is really terribly sad.

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    wipes sweat from brow

This was a BEAST for my limited mixing skills - 3 weeks went by while struggling with it on and off. I created the original track all in Gadget over the course of a couple months, then swapped out a keyboard sound for a guitar sample (which I then distorted) on the PC and the rest is history (thankfully!). From there, I went on to focus the song on the guitar - and added funky horns, of course - and then transfer files regularly off the phone to the PC. What a struggle. Then, I finally finish the song, and spend a week beating my head against the wall to the point I had to put it down for a whole other week and not listen to it. I couldn't make the "mashed" kick and snare from Gladstone sound good with the mix. So after I picked it back up I swapped those out on the PC for entirely new sounds, and then it was... mostly easier. It still took me another week, but I can finally let go because it's done enough and good enough, and move on.

Finally, thanks to Chris Randall (now of Audio Damage), whose album, [R]evolution, by Sister Machine Gun was clearly an inspiration to my subconscious almost 20 years on. What a gift. Wish I could sing like him B)

https://soundcloud.com/profile4djs/superflux

First of all, this track has a great feel, lots of energy. Reminded me of Walk This Way by Run DMC. I would echo crony’s misgivings about the first horns riff where it plays a run, then ends on some chords, the oddness being that it’s not played in the same key as the other parts, it’s a 4th up. It nearly works, but sounds a bit odd. That’s my only criticism though. If I was trying to improve things even further, I would advance the guitar part just a smidgin against the beat to give it more of a feeling of straining at the leash.
    Fun track, well done. :smile:

• Here’s my effort. Written, recorded and uploaded in one day, so apologies for any rough edges. I have also already posted this in another thread, as I didn’t think of SOTMC at the time, so apologies for that too.

https://choon.co/tracks/0fjjutu3ub8/the-man-from-auntie/

Here’s my effort. Written, recorded and uploaded in one day, so apologies for any rough edges. I have also already posted this in another thread, as I didn’t think of SOTMC at the time, so apologies for that too.

Nice pastiche/homage to 60s TV ephemera. The bass line in the intro is lovely, both in terms of sound design and riffage. And all the synth melodies are engaging and well-composed. The changes flow well, with call-and-response melodies and you've got some really nice warm sounds for the leads. I really like the simplicity of the leads, it's often tempting to overplay them but I always think simplicity is a strength, melodically. It's a warm and nostalgic vibe, beautifully conjured up.

• @richardyot said:
    @Eriko Good chilled track, the keys are particularly beguiling, although it would have been nice to hear them developed a little more - the riff is nice but could have done with some variation or evolution. The background synths offer a very pleasing counterpoint, with a subtle counter-melody which I really liked.

The second part really blossoms nicely, the very sparse lead is just enough to hook you in (but again I think the melody could have been developed just a little more, with some tension and resolution).

The track creates an enticing atmosphere and there are some really effective subtly applied musical ideas in there.

Thanks! I agree there could have been more variation in the keys and or a more prominent melody.

@Eriko said:

Little late to the game, but anyway here it is.

Really liked this. I spent the whole track dreading the moment you would bring in a relentless drum track to go with the kick pulse and loved the fact that you never did. I liked the way it all evolved gradually throughout, the only thing I would have done differently is to start fading out the first section of EP chords a bit earlier and do so more gradually. Otherwise, very nice. :smile:

Thanks!

Here’s my effort. Written, recorded and uploaded in one day, so apologies for any rough edges. I have also already posted this in another thread, as I didn’t think of SOTMC at the time, so apologies for that too.

You really captured that 60’s/70’s atmosphere. It’s wacky bizarre and happy but it holds tension. I would love this accompanied by some video footage from the time, and in my vision a foot comes down at the end like in Monty Python’s Flying circus.

• edited October 2018

• @trackedout hi ! Well, that was unexpected I must say :D
    I really like the production of all sounds, the "material" is good, , voice, guitars, drums, but to me, none of them seems to fit with each other. I must admit that I don't listen to that kind of music, so might missing the point of it...

• @trackedout the "keep talking/keep walking" melody is pretty catchy, which is cool to have in all that chaos. :)

The wandering bass line is as marvellous as ever, and the guitars just sway drunkenly all over the place. Cool stuff.