Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

Comments

• @MrBlaschke said:

@CracklePot said:
    I pre ordered this, but wasn’t charged yet. Do pre orders only get charged when the app gets officially released ?

If i remind it correctly, yes. When the download is available the charge goes through.

Ok, thank you.
    There was some weirdness with the beta being installed preventing the preorder. I uninstalled the beta and was able to order it, but my credits stayed the same and I was worried I might miss the preorder sale.
    Thanks again. :)

• You could release it tomorrow. It being Monday and all. Would be slightly moar humane to do...just...that. Just do it.

• Would I be completely wrong by thinking of it as an alternative to Playgroup but with added benefit of under the hood tinkering?

I love Playground apart from the obvious 'play only' limitations.

• Little less than 48 hrs...

Sweeeeeettttt..

• @supadom said:
    Would I be completely wrong by thinking of it as an alternative to Playgroup but with added benefit of under the hood tinkering?

I guess one could make the case that KRFT is closer to Playground than anything else on iOS because that app allows you to import a sample. GP does not at present, although the devs have indicated they will consider for future versions.

GP is similar in overall intent however. It allows a composer to build logic into a workspace that gives the user free will but appropriate guardrails to yield good results.

• edited September 2018

Interesting comparison to Playground, but it makes sense. I’ve been petitioning the Playground dev for ages to allow sample import, would stop that if GP had the feature.

Digging this app. Time to delete the beta so I can preorder.

• edited September 2018

I presume that reinstalling the beta, doesn't affect the pre-order? Now I have reinstalled the beta, the pre-ordered confirmation has disappeared... @JesperNordin

If I go to the appstore on my iphone it gives me the option to pre-order again, so this is a bit confusing and looks like this is something Apple haven't anticipated..

• edited September 2018

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:
    Would I be completely wrong by thinking of it as an alternative to Playgroup but with added benefit of under the hood tinkering?

I guess one could make the case that KRFT is closer to Playground than anything else on iOS because that app allows you to import a sample. GP does not at present, although the devs have indicated they will consider for future versions.

GP is similar in overall intent however. It allows a composer to build logic into a workspace that gives the user free will but appropriate guardrails to yield good results.

Kan't remember but did Kraft rekord movement automation? It didn't last time I tried. I think this is where I found them similar. Either way, looks good. The original gestrument left me a bit kold though.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

It allows a composer to build logic into a workspace that gives the user free will but appropriate guardrails to yield good results.

To me, this simple description really nails what’s so brilliant about Gestrument Pro.

• @Carnbot said:
    I presume that reinstalling the beta, doesn't affect the pre-order? Now I have reinstalled the beta, the pre-ordered confirmation has disappeared... @JesperNordin

If I go to the appstore on my iphone it gives me the option to pre-order again, so this is a bit confusing and looks like this is something Apple haven't anticipated..

Same was happening to me. I deleted the beta, and was able to preorder. Then I reinstalled beta and the button went back to ‘open’. I deleted the beta again, and the button went back to ‘purchased’ or whatever again, so I believe it is ok.
    I was confused because it seems you don’t actually get charged until the app releases, so I was trying to verify my preorder went through. I am pretty sure that all is well with my preorder now.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

Kan't remember but did Kraft rekord movement automation? It didn't last time I tried. I think this is where I found them similar. Either way, looks good. The original gestrument left me a bit kold though.

Correct, KRFT allowed sequencing via the piano roll but not recording of interactions. And that aspect of GP is a key differentiator in the new version. I hope the devs will consider a design tweak in the future. Right now there are eight selectors that allow the user to change key quickly--pretty handy! But it would be cool in future versions to allow these to be full scene selectors (including recorded automations per scene).

• @CracklePot said:

@Carnbot said:

Same was happening to me. I deleted the beta, and was able to preorder. Then I reinstalled beta and the button went back to ‘open’. I deleted the beta again, and the button went back to ‘purchased’ or whatever again, so I believe it is ok.
    I was confused because it seems you don’t actually get charged until the app releases, so I was trying to verify my preorder went through. I am pretty sure that all is well with my preorder now.

Cool thanks, yeah I deleted GP on my Air2 and it's gone back to pre-ordered there so looks like it's ok. :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

Correct, KRFT allowed sequencing via the piano roll but not recording of interactions. And that aspect of GP is a key differentiator in the new version. I hope the devs will consider a design tweak in the future. Right now there are eight selectors that allow the user to change key quickly--pretty handy! But it would be cool in future versions to allow these to be full scene selectors (including recorded automations per scene).

I feel that motion recording is what makes Samplr such a playable app.

• @skiphunt said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

It allows a composer to build logic into a workspace that gives the user free will but appropriate guardrails to yield good results.

To me, this simple description really nails what’s so brilliant about Gestrument Pro.

I'm with you,skip. That description does elucidate the appeal.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

I feel that motion recording is what makes Samplr such a playable app.

Yep I find the same. GP automation is similarly playable. Very easy to get something going that you like and have that loop button right there. It's very instrument like in the way it's laid out. I know how I'll use this app in my workflow so it's a no brainer for me. Watch some of the videos that pop up after release and see if it'll make sense in your workflow or live stuff.

• edited September 2018

Seems it’s an universal app (preview in app-store), iPhone..

• @RajahP said:

It is, indeed. I wouldn't want to learn how to use it on an iPhone SE but once you have the hang of it, it works fine on iPhone.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@RajahP said:

It is, indeed. I wouldn't want to learn how to use it on an iPhone SE but once you have the hang of it, it works fine on iPhone.

Nice.. was looking at ‘screen-shots’ at the App Store.. interesting..
    will see in less than 24 hrs..

• Its here!

• Not here yet

• I don't really know what this app does totally, like if each circle can midi control any of my iOS synths or if it's sample based or internal instruments only... But...i pre ordered it anyway based on the hype and price LOL

• @Frenq said:
    Not here yet

in Australia....

• @reasOne said:
    I don't really know what this app does totally, like if each circle can midi control any of my iOS synths or if it's sample based or internal instruments only... But...i pre ordered it anyway based on the hype and price LOL

It does both :smile:

• @Jes said:

@Frenq said:
    Not here yet

in Australia....

Ah, that would explain it. I mean, it's already Thursday or something in Australia, right?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Jes said:

@Frenq said:
    Not here yet

in Australia....

Ah, that would explain it. I mean, it's already Thursday or something in Australia, right?

ummm..friday I think...🤪. i dunno...im just having a blast with this app...first impressions...awesome..but i would like to see delay on each instrument as a possibility..sounds seem to drop out unnaturally quickly on release of finger ...

• It just auto-magically installed :o

• @Jes said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Jes said:

@Frenq said:
    Not here yet

in Australia....

ummm..friday I think...🤪. i dunno...im just having a blast with this app...first impressions...awesome..but i would like to see delay on each instrument as a possibility..sounds seem to drop out unnaturally quickly on release of finger ...

Actually pumping up the Global Reverb decay helps a bit with this, but it is Global

@Iso said:
    It's Tuesday! ;)

oh yeah...

• edited September 2018

@Iso said:
    It's Tuesday! ;)

1989 in Brisbane.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Iso said:
    It's Tuesday! ;)

1989 in Brisbane.

It'll be 1869 in the U.K. again soon, if the mad bastards in government have their way!!!!!