Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Files app: Content Unavailable Due to Unknown Error?

Anyone else seeing this, and /or know what’s going on?

Comments

• This happens when I open Files directly or use it inside other apps.
    When I do as instructed and try again the files appear then disappear and prompt appears back and forth...

• I constantly have that.
    Massive bug, many times due to too many files in one folder.
    I got better results after splitting my files in folders with about 100 files each.
    It got a bitttt better in iOS 12.

• At best, complain at Apple!

It will not get better otherwise.
    As i did so, they said that they never see "such many files at customers".
    They just test with 3 images, Audio files or PDFs.

Sad truth

• In iOS 11, I even needed to make a hard-reboot to use the Files App for a specific document provider again.

• You’re not alone, I get it once in a while too. Have a feeling it is related to a large number of files since I haven’t seen it mentioned many other places.

• edited September 2018

Thanks @tja and @bounce I wondered if it was because some apps are both “on my iPad” and in iCloud

I do have tons of files...

• I get it too... In Apple's defens(c)e though, it was probably a pretty huge job going from the "totally sandboxed" to essentially an open file system with native document pickers etc... so give them a bit of time for ironing the issues out :) I'm pretty impressed at the overall way they present documents now in the user interface, etc... hard for them to strike a balance between "grandma's photos" and "music producer power users with 100,000 drum loops" ;)

• @SevenSystems said:
    I get it too... In Apple's defens(c)e though, it was probably a pretty huge job going from the "totally sandboxed" to essentially an open file system with native document pickers etc... so give them a bit of time for ironing the issues out :) I'm pretty impressed at the overall way they present documents now in the user interface, etc... hard for them to strike a balance between "grandma's photos" and "music producer power users with 100,000 drum loops" ;)

To be honest, I have few understanding.

iOS is an old and stable operating system already.
    The Files App is there for what, 1,5 years now?

I cannot remember that any version of Windows or even DOS ever had any problems to copy, move or such list files in a folder - regardless of how many are contained, 10, 100, 1000 or 10000. It just takes increasingly more time.

The problem is, that Apple does not think and not develop for such "power users".
    But anyone working with PDFs will rapidly have hundreds or them, not even talking about audio files or images that may reach much higher numbers.

And as long as not enough people complain, just accepting this sad situation, it will not change.

Imagine the same problem with Windows - such a bug would have been fixed within 3 days!

I did complain at Apple and the answers was, that no other people complained and that no other people have hundreds of files!

• @tja said:
    I did complain at Apple and the answers was, that no other people complained and that no other people have hundreds of files

Did they really say that? Would be pretty audacious :D

• Yes, this was the reply of my support person who I was talking with and who also connected remotely to my iPad.

• And don't forget, this is a company who's mail App may allow to search for things, but then does not allow to do something with that - only if you select all of the results manually again, maybe hundreds or thousands, as there just is no "Select All" to then move or delete those results!

And no, that did not change since 10 years.

I know, that there is some hidden feature that allows to do this when deleting Mails, but not for other actions.

And I was talking about how much Apple is interested in fixing things or making them usable - not all all!

Without massive complains, nothing will change.
    I'm serious.

• Are you complaining to their feedback system, chat agent, thread, or all of the above? I’ve sent feedback. If there is a thread I’ll chime in there so they know it’s more common than they think

• edited September 2018

deleted

• @tja said:
    I did complain at Apple and the answers was, that no other people complained and that no other people have hundreds of files!

:lol: That's the biggest pile of twaddle I've ever heard the Cupertino crackpots ever say to anyone, lol. Well, if they didn't want people to have that many files on their devices, then....uh, why have any devices with 512gb storage capacity? Fix your shit, fruit company. :mrgreen:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@tja said:

:lol: That's the biggest pile of twaddle I've ever heard the Cupertino crackpots ever say to anyone, lol. Well, if they didn't want people to have that many files on their devices, then....uh, why have any devices with 512gb storage capacity? Fix your shit, fruit company. :mrgreen:

Yes Apple has the fruit and nuts, :( ;)

• That reply makes no sense at all, in the selfie generation, kids will have literally 1000s of images, you may want to recheck that.

• @Turntablist said:
    That reply makes no sense at all, in the selfie generation, kids will have literally 1000s of images, you may want to recheck that.

We talked about the Files App and the document providers of Apps within it.
    Photos are not part of that.

• So he didn't say that no users have 100s of files, but that no users had 100s of files within a files app folder, which would be quite possible, files support has seen a fairly slow pick up rate outside of our tiny corner of the world of IOS.

The most common uses for IOS devices are photography and social media, neither of which really needed files support, although i suspect it will not be long before they start getting the reports if the Affinity apps are supporting files app.

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

@Turntablist said:
    So he didn't say that no users have 100s of files, but that no users had 100s of files within a files app folder, which would be quite possible, files support has seen a fairly slow pick up rate outside of our tiny corner of the world of IOS.

The most common uses for IOS devices are photography and social media, neither of which really needed files support, although i suspect it will not be long before they start getting the reports if the Affinity apps are supporting files app.

Yes, the whole topic is about the Files App as visible by it's subject and the document providers.

I had problems with AudioShare (Audio files and Audulus profiles) and with DEVONthink (PDFs).
    Again, not when using those Apps themselves, but when using their document providers.

But then, if you manage images in Apps like iFiles, you may run into the same problem.

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

Sorry to disturb you again, but i just noticed something realy, realy bad about the iOS Mail App:

I have two different tickets at a car leasing company.
    For those, i get and write mails to a specific subject line, containing the ticket number.

And just now, i tried to reply to both of them.

I replied to the first and then switched to the other topic, as the iOS Mail App shows both topics / subjects seperately.

Or so i thought.

Indeed, the Mail Apps lists my latest reply in BOTH topics!
    That would not be such bad, but then i selected the last of my regular mails to that topic and tried to reply-all ....

And what happened?

The subject was right, from the second ticket, but instead of replying to my selected, latest mail, the mail got quoted that i just wrote to the first topic!

So, the Mail App is heavily mixing mails from different topics!
    This may very well happen unnoticed!

And even worse, i could not find a way to reply to the mail i wanted to reply to - i only every could reply to my last, fresh mail - no other mail got quoted!

To summarize:

1)
    The Mail App does not allow to reply to an older mail, it always quotes the latest of the topic / thread!

2)
    Different topics / threads (based on the subject) are not realy possible, even if it looks so - the App shows always all mails to the same recipient, as it seems. Even if the subject line contains totally different ticket-ids!

I needed to switch to my PC to be able to reply correctly.

I spare you my further comments about Apple, it´s development and it´s ability, wish and interest to deliver working software.

And i also spare you the rest of my rants about this topic.

• @tja, I still find the iOS Mail app one of the most pleasant to work with on ANY platform. And you just got a new mail from Seven Systems too, hurry hurry! ;)

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    @tja, I still find the iOS Mail app one of the most pleasant to work with on ANY platform. And you just got a new mail from Seven Systems too, hurry hurry! ;)

Hehe :-)

Yes, i still did not replace the Apple Mail App, but with this latest thing happened, I’m not so sure anymore.

On Windows, I very much like ThunderBird.

I already replied to you, of course ;-)

• @tja said:

@SevenSystems said:
    @tja, I still find the iOS Mail app one of the most pleasant to work with on ANY platform. And you just got a new mail from Seven Systems too, hurry hurry! ;)

Hehe :-)

Yes, i still did not replace the Apple Mail App, but with this latest thing happened, I’m not so sure anymore.

On Windows, I very much like ThunderBird.

I already replied to you, of course ;-)

On Windows, I've tried absolutely every mail client in existence, and trust me, Mailbird (NOT Thunderbird) is THE answer. Not cheap, but pretty much perfect UI/UX, and exactly the right amount of features. Should check it out :) Back to topic...

• Files app: Content Unavailable Due to Unknown Error?
    Back in early October, I too started getting this error immediately after updating an app that uses the Files app.
    The update 'added nested folders support' in the Files app.
    I deleted, reinstalled, rebooted but that didn't help.
    The solution for me was to launch another app that was installed but had never been run yet. That app also makes use of the FIles app.
    Once I ran that app for the first time, the error hasn't appeared and all content 'On My iPad' is there.
    It may not work for everyone but worth a try.

• edited December 2018

Unreal. This started happening today right after I installed Nanostudio 2. Seriously hinders my workflow. So, what I did was I uninstalled Nanostudio 2, and it didn't fix it. Called Apple support and talked to a nice person who never heard of this error before, but we figured out that the Files app is uninstallable. Uninstalled it, performed a soft reset, reinstalled it, and no problems.

Reinstalled Nanostudio 2, and no problems. Went to restore my IAP packs purchases, and boom. The error returned. So, rinse and repeat by uninstalling NS2, Files, soft reset, and reinstalled Files without reinstalling NS2. Worked fine for all of 10 minutes or so, and then the goddamned error returned.

So, I tried to play "search and destroy". I uninstalled the Sculptura beta which I think may have been causing the issue and performed a soft reset. So far, it looks like the issue is resolved. Perhaps that's what caused it, because I haven't had an issue since. If all works well for the next 30 minutes, I will attempt to reinstall NS2.

• edited December 2018

Update - it appears it was the iZip Pro app that was causing the issue. I uninstalled it, didn't perform any soft resets or anything, and lo and behold, the Files app stopped giving me that aggravating error.

EDIT: An hour later, everything is running smooth with Nanostudio 2. Got my drum samples and such in it, so everything is baby smooth. To those who have iZip Pro on their devices, I'd advise finding a different app lest it putzes up your Files app too. :) Cheers.

• edited December 2018

Ugh. Have never had this issue until tonight. Now no matter what I do I can’t resolve it. Funny seeing this thread bumped just recently today because I can’t find hardly anything on google regarding this issue. I’ve tried soft and hard resets, deleting excess files, reinstalling the files app itself, updating to latest iOS. I don’t have iZip installed so I guess I’m going to have to start deleting and reinstalling apps one by one to find my culprit. I really like the direction files is heading but god damn why an absolute creativity killer this was.

Edit As I expected, I think my issue was having too many files. I had a ton of samples that I stored in BM3, my ipad storage (256 gb) wasn't even 1/4 full, but apparently this number of files was too much for Files to handle, kind of annoying but at least the app works again. I just deleted BM3 and all the samples that I housed within it. Reinstalled BM3 and everything seems stable. So again for anyone googling this in the future, I don't think BM3 was the issue, just having a massive number of files (~5000+) is. I hope Apple fixes this someday.

• Feedback on this bug just sent to Apple. Have just been importing samples to AudioLayer
    So frustrating. Seems to happen with "on my ipad" folders.

• @Carnbot said:
    Feedback on this bug just sent to Apple. Have just been importing samples to AudioLayer

I had it too for weeks. Submitted Apple bug but just got the scripted response that didn’t help. Then it went away either because of a) an Apple update (I’m now on the latest iOS), b) I was nearing my max capacity so I cleared a lot of samples off the iPad (most likely fix in my situation), or c) some other unknown fix...

• @gusgranite said:

@Carnbot said:
    Feedback on this bug just sent to Apple. Have just been importing samples to AudioLayer

I had it too for weeks. Submitted Apple bug but just got the scripted response that didn’t help. Then it went away either because of a) an Apple update (I’m now on the latest iOS), b) I was nearing my max capacity so I cleared a lot of samples off the iPad (most likely fix in my situation), or c) some other unknown fix...

Plenty of space left on mine and on latest iOS, reinstalled Files app hasn't helped either. But yes it's probably because it's only designed for the consumer still and not pro use yet...