Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List your broken apps in iOS 12 here

Comments

• Has anyone doublechecked Tera?

• Echo Pitch seems to be broken for me, iPhone and iPad versions.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Has anyone doublechecked Tera?

Never mind. I just did. Working ok standalone...

• @MonzoPro said:
    Echo Pitch seems to be broken for me, iPhone and iPad versions.

Working standalone here. What’s broken?

@MonzoPro said:

Working in Audiobus too.
    ?

@MonzoPro said:

@CracklePot said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Working in Audiobus too.
    ?

Not working in AUM for me...

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CracklePot said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Working in Audiobus too.
    ?

Echo Pitch Generator works in AUM, Echo Pitch FX doesn’t. No effect on the audio stream.

@MonzoPro said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CracklePot said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Working in Audiobus too.
    ?

Echo Pitch Generator works in AUM, Echo Pitch FX doesn’t. No effect on the audio stream.

Yep, broken.

• Works ok in Audiobus, so you can pipe your signal out of AUM into Audiobus, through Echo Pitch and back into another channel in AUM.

Works ok in Audiobus, so you can pipe your signal out of AUM into Audiobus, through Echo Pitch and back into another channel in AUM.

Yeeeaahhh....hopefully they’ll fix it so I don’t have to do that though - CPU usage is a bit of a concern on the old Air2, so I try and use as few apps as possible.

• @MonzoPro said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

@CracklePot said:

@TheOriginalPaulB said:

@MonzoPro said:

Working in Audiobus too.
    ?

Yep, broken.

I got it to work in AUM as an Effect by opening it first, then loading it into AUM fix slot.
    Let me know if it works for you guys.

• That didn’t work for me.

• edited September 2018

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    That didn’t work for me.

That sucks. It works for me, similar to the problem BlocsWave had a while back. It usually works for this type of buggy IAA behavior for any misbehaving app.

Try the fader on your track. If that doesn’t affect your input, the input app is not in the chain, so no effect will apply.

• That worked. Exact sequence was...

Started AUM, loaded Zeeon in input and configured AUM keyboard. Tested Zeeon and moved fader to confirm audio path. Started up Echo Pitch outside AUM but did not touch Continue Anyway button. Loaded Echo Pitch in AUX fx slot. Touched loaded fx in AUM to switch to Echo Pitch and press Continue Anyway. Selected desired preset and switched back to AUM. Everything now working.

• Good to hear. B)

• Syntorial is crashing on startup for me on two iPads. A bummer as I was going to dig back into the tutorials this weekend but don’t want to sit in front of the MacBook.

• REQUEST TO ANY DEVELOPER:

How much testing time does Apple give a developer before releasing a new IOS update (especially the IOS 11 to 12 change)?

It's good to see developer's called out step up and respond here
    and frustrating to see developer's comment here about new product releases but go silent when there are issues. Just let us know you're working on it.

I have a specific concern and would like to believe they would just issue a "we are aware and are working to address the issues" in an update.

• @Liquidmantis said:
    Syntorial is crashing on startup for me on two iPads. A bummer as I was going to dig back into the tutorials this weekend but don’t want to sit in front of the MacBook.

Same here. Crashes to background.

• FYI: I submitted a bug report to @Virsyn re: IOS 12 problem in Cubasis. They replied:

We are already working on a bug fix update
    for iOS 12. It’ll be available in the first half of next week.

Yes! Fingers crossed they can find the issue and not need changes to Cubasis 2.6 as well for a fix. Maybe I'll also see IOS 12 benefits of scaling more AU's in Cubasis with my favorite sampled instrument player.

• @CracklePot said:

@Liquidmantis said:
    Syntorial is crashing on startup for me on two iPads. A bummer as I was going to dig back into the tutorials this weekend but don’t want to sit in front of the MacBook.

Just got word back from Syntorial support. It's a known iOS 12 issue and they expect to have a fix out next week.

• @Liquidmantis said:

@CracklePot said:

@Liquidmantis said:

Just got word back from Syntorial support. It's a known iOS 12 issue and they expect to have a fix out next week.

Update is here. :)
    Seems they are making an AU version of the synth from this app!
    That is cool.

• Thor has IAA issues.

• Thor’s keyboard not working correctly in standalone, and has to be opened before loading in AUM as IAA.

• @CracklePot said:

@Liquidmantis said:

@CracklePot said:

@Liquidmantis said:

Update is here. :)
    Seems they are making an AU version of the synth from this app!
    That is cool.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been watching for this.

• I keep getting the Airplane Mode indicator active when I’m still using wifi.

• edited September 2018

B-step sequencer 2 not working anymore.
    Such a shame...
    Dev contacted.
    Finger crossed.

Apple sucks

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Thor has IAA issues.

@MonzoPro said:
    Thor’s keyboard not working correctly in standalone, and has to be opened before loading in AUM as IAA.

Had the IAA issues before (iOS 11).

• @MonzoPro said:

@greengrocer said:
    @j_liljedahl Fluxpad crashes when opened in AUM with iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.

Check Fluxpad itself - not working in standalone on my SE after the update.

Sorry guys for stepping so late into the discussion. A fluxpad update is on its way and should be available by the end of the week.

• @teatracks said:

@MonzoPro said:

@greengrocer said:
    @j_liljedahl Fluxpad crashes when opened in AUM with iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.

Check Fluxpad itself - not working in standalone on my SE after the update.

Sorry guys for stepping so late into the discussion. A fluxpad update is on its way and should be available by the end of the week.

Thx, Good news! WAs waiting for this. Fluxpad being one of my all time faves :)

• edited October 2018

@Ryan_IK said:
    @Rodolfo @chandroji @tja

Hey Guys,

To confirm, there is currently some unusual behavior in SampleTank on iOS 12 which we are addressing as we speak. Keep an eye out for the next update to SampleTank iOS. This should be coming soon with a fix.

In the meantime, go ahead and use the MIDI learn page to adjust your knobs. While we understand this is ideal, this should not result in a crash and should help you make edits while we address this behavior.

One month later... ⏳

@ikmultimedia @IK_Multimedia @Ryan_IK
    Just a little reminder that we need the fix for using sampletank within IOS 12 😎

Have a great day! 😊