Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do developers get notified whenever a review is updated?

.. or only when the first review is submitted ?

Comments

• https://developer.apple.com/app-store/ratings-and-reviews/

"Consider promptly replying to new and updated reviews following a major release of your app so that you can have a dialogue with users when they’re most interested in sharing feedback. You can set up email alerts in the Users and Roles section of App Store Connect to notify you when a user edits a review to which you’ve previously replied."

• Thanks @AudioGus that was really helpful👍

• edited September 2018

By default developers don’t get notifications at all. In fact, this is the first time I even hear it’s possible to get notifications... must be new to iOS12?

I’ve never received a single notification about a review.

• Never got a notification ... App Store Connect App is my favourite way to check rating and reviews :)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:
    Never got a notification ... App Store Connect App is my favourite way to check rating and reviews :)

I always used App Annie, as they at least aggregate all 4 million app store regions into a single list...

• @brambos said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:
    Never got a notification ... App Store Connect App is my favourite way to check rating and reviews :)

I always used App Annie, as they at least aggregate all 4 million app store regions into a single list...

I've to check that out!

• Yah I always heard without using a service that it was a bit of a pain checking all the regions.

• @brambos said:
    By default developers don’t get notifications at all. In fact, this is the first time I even hear it’s possible to get notifications... must be new to iOS12?

So when developers respond to a review it’s simply because they usually just sporadically check them every so often ?

• @universe said:

@brambos said:

So when developers respond to a review it’s simply because they usually just sporadically check them every so often ?

Can’t speak for everyone, but in my case yes, indeed. In fact, I seem to remember that the reviews were never meant to be a communication channel with the dev in the first place. They are for sharing opinions with other potential buyers.

There’s always contact information provided on the same page, which is how you’re supposed to contact a developer most effectively.

• @brambos said:

@universe said:

@brambos said:

Can’t speak for everyone, but in my case yes, indeed. In fact, I seem to remember that the reviews were never meant to be a communication channel with the dev in the first place. They are for sharing opinions with other potential buyers.

There’s always contact information provided on the same page, which is how you’re supposed to contact a developer most effectively.

Thanks. I get the contact info section but I’m sure developers are partial to a few five star fan reviews rather than direct comms :)

• edited September 2018

• @universe said:

@brambos said:

@universe said:

@brambos said:

Thanks. I get the contact info section but I’m sure developers are partial to a few five star fan reviews rather than direct comms :)

We sure love those stars :)

• edited September 2018

@brambos said:

@universe said:

@brambos said:

@universe said:

@brambos said:

Especially the ★★★★★ indeed :)

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@brambos said:

@universe said:

@brambos said:

@universe said:

@brambos said:

Especially the ★★★★★ indeed :)

The App Store versión of instagram likes ha ;)

• OT.... But If you have an opinion on an app I feel like it's important to at least drop the stars even if a written opinion isn't something you wanna do.. Just cuz everyone looks at that pre purchase.. But I hate when people that don't know how to use an app run their mouths and get hateful just cuz they are frustrated they suck at using the app 😁

• @reasOne said:
    OT.... But If you have an opinion on an app I feel like it's important to at least drop the stars even if a written opinion isn't something you wanna do.. Just cuz everyone looks at that pre purchase.. But I hate when people that don't know how to use an app run their mouths and get hateful just cuz they are frustrated they suck at using the app 😁

I would say there’s a large percentage of people that do that. It’s lazy and damaging

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

Another riddle of the App Store is, that even as reviews should be deleted after a new version came out, I again and again see Apps with reviews from 5, 6 or 7 years ago.