Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fallon gives Loopy another bump!

I'm glad Loopy is still in the limelight to hopefully give our favourite developer and host to breath easy and keep coding.

Comments

• Sorry @Michael that certainly didn’t warrant closing of the other thread but it probably makes your humble side look a bit better ;)

• So it looks like they have an audio interface hooked up to it and sending the click to the drummer. I wander what made tha Latifa lady to be sloppy on the first harmony. Probably just the big room acoustics got her confused...or maybe the deep end effect.

• Fallon nails it, he even gets the name right for Loopy.
    Kelly loves it, apparently she has never used a loop pedal before, haha.

Yeah, it’s gotta be tricky with the acoustics. They are just sitting on the sofa, no floor monitors or anything from what I can tell.

Congrats again on the free publicity, Michael! I love that they actually zoom in on the app for a close look.

• I wonder if Fallon has been bugging @Michael for Masterpiece news? ;)

• Notice you have never seen Michael and Fallon in the same room?

• @supadom said:
    So it looks like they have an audio interface hooked up to it and sending the click to the drummer. I wander what made tha Latifa lady to be sloppy on the first harmony. Probably just the big room acoustics got her confused...or maybe the deep end effect.

She did really look like fish out of water
    Clarkson though, rocked it!

• @AudioGus said:
    Notice you have never seen Michael and Fallon in the same room?

:lol: So true

• edited September 2018

@senhorlampada said:

@AudioGus said:

Queen Latifa knows. Jimmy introduces Loopy, then at 0:20 Latifa says to Fallon "thanks for making that" :o

• edited September 2018

@Hmtx said:

@senhorlampada said:

@AudioGus said:

Queen Latifa knows. Jimmy introduces Loopy, then at 0:20 Latifa says to Fallon "thanks for making that" :o

I couldn't just make this stuff up.

• The FORUM has been saved from the loss of Apple Affiliate revenue in October.

PS - Buy AB3 Remote or Loopy or SampleBot to keep Michael solvent after the loss of Affiliate cash hits the bottom line.

Otherwise, it should be Patreon time next to Doug's store.

• been trying to keep it light-hearted here, but no doubt some truth to that @McDtracy

I do see Loopy at #21 paid app in the US Appstore, and #2 in Music :smiley:

• edited September 2018

@Hmtx said:
    been trying to keep it light-hearted here, but no doubt some truth to that @McDtracy

Michael, first big congrats! Would you be willing to share what Loopy's position was just before it was on Fallon again? Just curious about the Fallon bump.

I loved that he looked directly at the camera when he said the name of the app. It was almost like he was saying "Michael, I'm saying the name this time and I'm saying it correctly." =)

• @syrupcore said:

@Hmtx said:
    been trying to keep it light-hearted here, but no doubt some truth to that @McDtracy

Michael, first big congrats! Would you be willing to share what Loopy's position was just before it was on Fallon again? Just curious about the Fallon bump.

Thanks! Yeah, it was hovering around #40 or so in music beforehand; sitting at #2/#3 now, and #21 in top apps (whatever that means) and #36 top overall now. Not actually a very big one this time, as far as they go - but still awesome.

I loved that he looked directly at the camera when he said the name of the app. It was almost like he was saying "Michael, I'm saying the name this time and I'm saying it correctly." =)

Haha =)

• Holy wow. Thanks for sharing. 40th to 2nd/3rd is pretty epic. Though if it doesn't make much of a difference in your retirement plans, that's a pretty illustrative thing for the likes of us to know.

TBH, I'm a much bigger fan of Loopy than I am of Mr. Fallon and his program. Should I run into him on the tiny congested sidewalks of America I now definitely have something genuine for which to thank him. =}

• Or, if there are any booksellers in the house: "Jimmy ain't no Oprah."

• What kind of Lightning extension cable is Jimmy running? Hard to find a good one. I'm guessing they're using Link to get the click to the drummer.

• @BroCoast said:
    What kind of Lightning extension cable is Jimmy running? Hard to find a good one. I'm guessing they're using Link to get the click to the drummer.

I saw that cable also, looks pretty hefty.

I think they are just sending the full iPad audio over to the band monitors. The track starts with a hi-hat inside Loopy setting the tempo.

• @Hmtx said:

@BroCoast said:
    What kind of Lightning extension cable is Jimmy running? Hard to find a good one. I'm guessing they're using Link to get the click to the drummer.

I think they are just sending the full iPad audio over to the band monitors. The track starts with a hi-hat inside Loopy setting the tempo.

Nope that is the drummer (loopy is empty). So he is getting a click from a different source/DAW and Loopy is sync'd via link.

• @BroCoast said:
    Nope that is the drummer (loopy is empty). So he is getting a click from a different source/DAW and Loopy is sync'd via link.

Maybe, but the metronome can be active when all tracks are empty. Its hard to tell, that sure sounds like the stock Loopy metronome to me but with swing enabled, anyone know how to do that?

• edited September 2018

@Hmtx said:

@BroCoast said:

Maybe, but the metronome can be active when all tracks are empty. Its hard to tell, that sure sounds like the stock Loopy metronome to me but with swing enabled, anyone know how to do that?

@BroCoast said:

@Hmtx said:

@BroCoast said:

Shut up! I’m Jimmy and I know how I get my shit wired, ok?
    :trollface:

Seems the loopy metronome hithat for me too and Questlove following the the sound to help them (and give the band a tic anyone could heard)

• @Hmtx said:

@BroCoast said:

Nah, there’s no link enabled. Also it you remember Loopy’s click comes with the kick. I reckon Loopy is plugged into a midi interface which sends classic midi to some kind of hardware like a drum machine that gives the drummer a click.

Of course it could also be as simple as a multiple out audio interface sending (otherwise inaudible) loopy click to the house mixer and into drummers in ear.

Anyway, they must have had quite a bit of a practice as it is all a bit harder than it looks.

• @supadom said:
    Anyway, they must have had quite a bit of a practice as it is all a bit harder than it looks.

While I'm not a fan of Fallon's show, I am impressed with the time/effort he puts into the Loopy bits, because it is absolutely harder than it looks.

• @supadom said:
    I'm glad Loopy is still in the limelight to hopefully give our favourite developer and host to breath easy and keep coding.

I opened that in Safari on my iPad and actually was able to play it FULL SCREEN!
    That's something that did not work for a long time.

An iOS 12 effect?!? :) <3 :p

• edited September 2018

@BroCoast said:

That looks like the proprietary cable for an Apogee interface. My Duet has a black flat cable just like that, but it's only 1m. Maybe the interface is right behind them and that's why he's staying "tucked". Or maybe it's one of these?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

While I'm not a fan of Fallon's show, I am impressed with the time/effort he puts into the Loopy bits, because it is absolutely harder than it looks.

I dunno. I'm not sure anything is hard for the Roots. Maybe Michael can ask him the next time they're on Tim Cook's yacht.